Poison in the Empire Earth Community

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
AtomicOne
Novice Member
Lobby Username: AtomicOne

Poison in the Empire Earth Community

Post by AtomicOne »

Why is there so much poison in the Empire Earth community?

Why are people so mean to each other? I'm sick of seeing the word "faggot" and "nigger" in the chat of the lobby and games. I'm sick of playing and having everyone blame everyone else for their problems. If we want this community to flourish, we need to create a more supportive and nurturing community. We haven't had more than 100 people online at once. That means we are a small community.

We will completely alienate new players. We will alienate old players who grew up and realized it's not right to call people offensive terms anymore. Let's make an active effort to be more friendly to people. The gloating is fine a lot of the time, but calling the other 7 players noobs is just ridiculous. Just have some fun. We are all trying to have friends here and play a game we dearly love.

Let's do this! Let's make Empire Earth awesome!

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Poison in the Empire Earth Community

Post by Arntzen »

Support!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

AtomicOne
Novice Member

Post by AtomicOne »

Arntzen wrote:Support!

What do you mean by that? lol

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I support what you just said! Sorry if I was unclear! :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

AtomicOne
Novice Member

Post by AtomicOne »

Ah okay, glad you agree!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

We had this argue ages ago already (especially the argue between me and phoenix: Let newcomers play and balance the teams vs kick noobs) but nothing helps. The new hosting system makes it at least easier for many new players to start games without beeing dependend from pre I mean pro players.
I am open to any proposal referring to this.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

in liga and other setts when we can we will let anyone play its mostly pre games what wont allow new comers to play thats because the games take longer than others so i see where they are coming from abit. I also told them to ask to join not just open it up if they are going to kick and ban people because that discourages new players. Problem is with flaming and that its best just to mute the player at the end of the day we cant make changes to a players habit just like league of legends so many flamers on there but you have to just ignore it.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

AtomicOne
Novice Member

Post by AtomicOne »

This is not just a noob thing. Fag is a really offensive term, so i nigger. I want to stop seeing this stuff. Not just because it's offensive to me, but because everyone in here is just generally being a bad person who says that kind of stuff. This is not censorship issue either, it's community and being a family.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

you can use a profanity filter though.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

AtomicOne
Novice Member

Post by AtomicOne »

I just said this is not a censorship thing. The community is just filled with so much vile and hatred. Its sickening.

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

go frick ur lasagna dude
mhm?!?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Generally I always thought the AoC community somewhat vile (TBH, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle)... It seemed that when the official servers shutdown the EE/AoC community kind of came together and unfortunately some of that "poison" you speak of may have made its way over to everyone else
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

AtomicOne
Novice Member

Post by AtomicOne »

Ghost wrote:Generally I always thought the AoC community somewhat vile (TBH, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle)... It seemed that when the official servers shutdown the EE/AoC community kind of came together and unfortunately some of that "poison" you speak of may have made its way over to everyone else

AoC was totally vile back in the day, but I didn't get it back then because I was young, immature, and just as vile. I didn't care about the community and I wouldn't be afraid to call anyone a faggot or anything. Now that I'm not 14, and I get how the world works, I have a conscience and I know how to behave around other people.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Well, welcome to the internet. You've always needed a thick skin in online communities. People trashtalk. They almost never mean what they actually say. The only way to try change things is a zero-tolerance policy (time mutes and bans). But in the end, our community is just too small to start such drastic measures. What is the problem about blocking people that insult you?

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

Atomicone... We cant do anything about things like that.. We cant stop people from saying those things.. if you dont want to see them just turn on your filter or simply ignore those people using those words.
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Return to “EE General Discussion”