Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by BigRon »

man u better dont fuck with jodocus or he will hack u

shiat

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

whats happening ? any news ?
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus_ »

Not much, actually. Since RealForce is busy within the next weeks (and I am, too), we can't do much at the moment. I fixed some minor chat bugs and increased the general stability, but still there is no hint on how we can get the friend list to work.
I have e-mailed Rebellion about my project a week ago. I even asked them for some of the old EE codes and if they generally accept my project, since they own EE now. However, they have not responded to me yet. I really try to make them open for releasing EE to public domain, since they released the codes of Alien vs Predator as well. I know that I am not the first one who asked them for the codes (of at least the networking parts). Still it may help if many guys kindly ask them for the source code release of Empire Earth.

In worst case scenario, stuff like friend list are such specific that there is no way to get behind it with my current information source and good guesses. Using heuristic methods to restore the server is by far the slowest way to chose. If not impossible.
When RealForce and me have some more time, we will try to attack the last remaining "killer-feature": joining games. With this implemented (and the minor stuff like game invitations, ask to join etc.) the very basic shape of the server would be completed. But in this state, it cannot compete GR.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

well if you give us a email then we can get many to send a email also write what should be sent in email then all we have to do is copy and paste ;)

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Meh has to seem like sincere requests, not automatic spambots.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol true :P but you can edit what we are asking ;p

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Just to bring you guys up to date:

RealForce and I have not much time the next days. I must prepare for many exams.
My computer broke. Nothing got lost, but I effectively can't continue on NeoEE with it until spare parts are here (will maybe take 2 weeks or more/less, hard to estimate).
Rebellion actually answered me. Believe it or not: In short, they say that they don't have the code of Empire Earth. No further comments. Not even on NeoEE. I dont think that NeoEE will be in any legal conflicts.

I am in conversation with Rick Goodman himself at the moment (for guys that don't know him: chief developer of Empire Earth). I try to convince him to give me the source code of EE. Can't say if he actually still has it (I think at least the creator of EE may keep it?). If not, it is even very likely that the EE codes really completely got deleted. In that case, things will be more complicated.

More to come soon.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

I got my new parts and repaired my computer. Additionally, I could start continuing on implementing the servers.
However, a second test day is imminent (NST2). It will be just another stability test. Everyone is invited. The exact date will be fixed shorty.
Last thing: The official NeoEE Website is now reachable with the domain

http://www.neoee.net
I will post information and updates there in future. It will be the central point of NeoEE. Expect more soon.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Test day tomorrow, see www.neoee.net!

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I'm locking this thread and starting a new one in a more appropriate place: the announcements section.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5455

Please move all discussion there. Ideally, it'll be more visible than here. (And more credible. I'm sure people have skipped this thread merely because of the title and the fact it's in The Basement).

Return to “The Basement”