GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Re: GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Post by taco »

I think you summed it up rather well :D

Draco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Ðracø™

Post by Draco »

taco wrote:I think you summed it up rather well :D
This ^^^^

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

ben55 wrote:personal experience, but all settings players are usually less elitist than one setting players. i mean when you play one setting you get really uppity, defensive and elitist about it. all setting you kind of just drift around. once again my personal opinion/experience.

i personally think if everyone tried to be more open minded ee would have more games and be more fun.
Agree.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

It's pretty funny that taco and texas are being lectured on what to do, when they have been both known pros of aoc mid for many years, especially in the old servers, anyway just thought I'de throw that out there

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I was talking in general "1set players" not taco and texas, but those were the two defending 1set players.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

My last post on this, sense this is unreavlent to the topic posted.

Taco, and texas... Both one setting players, both sett in there ways on playing one setting. The scrutiny they are getting is because they spoke up, with that being said should both shut the fuck up and stop replying. If would be different if they were both equally good in all settings and have tried them all at a regular basics, but they found a comfortable level in which they " have no challenge " anymore and assume role of being " pros " maybe, maybe not. Expert I could accept. At one setting, whoopitiy do, I applaud you. Commend your effort to master one setting.

The above replys amongst others imply questions, advise, and in a few instances ridicule. If you had a more pronounced arguement or a higher self esteam you wouldn't feel so belittled or pushed into a corner to where as you come out sounding like 6 year old unknowledgable kid.

I have said I was once good, when I played back when; I've quit for many years came back and now I am not as good as I once was; with that being said, back then I played every setting, but was most efficient at mod/Indy tl and sh

My self personally would rather be good at everything instead of one thing, that in its self can speak volumes of ones character.

The game died, came back and to bring it alive others and my self push for this close mindedness to come to a halter to offer more incinitive to bring back more popularity to a once "busy" game.

If you want to reply as be negitive, go for it, but don't think your responses will come warmly unless you have more difinitve response then I only play two days or don't have the time to learn, because there is more to learn in everything every day you wake up.

If you want to act your age, what are you 18 taco ? And when u played back when the game came out at age 7-10 ? Ad consider your self a pro then? Lol. No wonder your vocabulary or lack there of is non present and that I don't make more sense then it should to you.

Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

FYI a marine rush in mod tl to beat me, is a very very defined way to say your better at the sett then your oppenant ??? Again another close minded statement.

Done rambling on.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

wtf did I just read. okay I am going to give this a go but you made this hard for me I had to read this time and time again to try and understand where you are coming from or if there is even a point to the post. posts like this make me wonder, does a retard have the mental capacity to understand that he is retarded? or does he think that he is the social norm of society.

firstly I'm going to assume you meant to say irrelevant, that red line underneath your words usually gives a pretty good indicator that the word you tried to type is spelt wrong. I'm not usually a spelling nazi however if I cant make out what you are trying to say then there is a problem.

Texas and myself are not under any scrutiny at all and if you paid attention I don't think anyone here has talked down to the other you are however the exception. opinions were made from one sett players which supported all sett players opinions and vica versa. Captain Nemos last post was a very good example of MOST of the players today.

mastering a sett means more than just being good at that setting. for instance a mod TL pro would be fairly comfortable in learning indy mid or pre TL. the same can be said about SH, I would say DM is the exception once it crosses over into mod as it becomes a DM on steroids. so while we might be very comfortable in one setting we can easily compete in similar settings with relative ease.

skipping through half of the garbage in your post. There are still things to learn about the game, some people have much steeper learning curves 8)

You misunderstand Draco I don't consider myself anything and for me to do so would be pointless, if I considered myself a king would you? no, the community has to acknowledge and accept them as that. I will be blunt and say for this game the word pro is thrown around rather loosely if we found all of the players in which the community considered pros you would find the skill will range enormously. largely due to the game evolving and that a pro is: the best at a setting at that moment in time.

I will close by saying if a player knew that all he had to do was marine rush you, than there is a good chance that he is better then you, oh sure if you got your boom done your eco and army would look fantastic and would put him behind in almost every area, but you sacrificed your start and he took advantage of it.

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

no anyone can marine rush, it's not hard and it certainly doesn't mean the rusher is a better player. it's just a cheap trick that can easily ruin an hour or so wait for a 10 minute game. it's frowned upon for that reason in mod tl.
mhm?!?

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

tool the wait is irrelevant to skill. what you are saying is that there is no build or strategy in mod tl in which you cannot defend against a marine rush I call bullshit. it is simply impossible to beat is what you are saying. because that would have to be the conclusion in order for you to be correct.

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

we prefer not to deal with it, as it can be easily beatable. and then it's 3v4 which the team with the rusher gets eviscerated. annoying and wastes time.
mhm?!?

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

Kazter wrote:
ben55 wrote:personal experience, but all settings players are usually less elitist than one setting players. i mean when you play one setting you get really uppity, defensive and elitist about it. all setting you kind of just drift around. once again my personal opinion/experience.

i personally think if everyone tried to be more open minded ee would have more games and be more fun.
Agree.
Yeah... reread the last few pages.

I LOL'd pretty hard at Draco's 3rd to last post.

What you don't understand Draco is that we are not unable to master other setts, we simply choose not to. I've tried all the other setts (not too much liga, though) and I find mid sh far more enjoyable. The only one coming close was AoC Mod, but I rarely see that so I don't see much point in learning it. We do not play this game to please you, and will not change our preferences to please you. If there's no chance of me getting a mid game, odds are good I'll sign off and play another game or do something else entirely and not play any EE at all. Why is this so hard to understand?

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

tool wrote:we prefer not to deal with it, as it can be easily beatable.
so if a player was to 1v1 and knew that old taco was a little greedy on the cit production and he decided to shift away from using hes normal build to try what is a risky civ in which you said yourself is easily beatable, and that person won due to finding a weakness in the oppositions build and countering it. I would say yes they are more skilled than myself.

eeralf is a good example of this anyone who has played mid would know if ralf is on the oppositions team that there is a very high chance that he will be expansionism swords regardless of whether he is wing or pocket. where the other team knowing he is swords pocket will go knights knowing that its likely that only player will have ca. it is predictability which leaves you open for these sort of builds and these builds rely on it in order to work. knowing your opponent and knowing their weaknesses is also what I consider skill.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

taco i think he is talking about 1tc marine rushing or fanata. which is still annoying even if you have an idea it is coming. although marine/at mass is king of 4v4 as well now a days since there are not any good pockets usually to support a strong m1 rush early game.

as for texas nobody at least not me is demanding you learn other settings. frankly i couldn't care less what you did with your time. but i remember the most we got out of ee recently was splitting the aoc mod/mid games in half or 40/60 even though tool, myself, etc didn't like mid sh and the middle players such as ddog, thor etc didn't appear to care much for mod.

they were fun games and we were playing ee from like 9pm-3am with 1hr-2hr f11 long games.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

@ Texas ranger

I am glad you got a kick out of 3rd to last post, now forth to last

It was the difinition of illiterate for taco sense he didn't know how to use it.

Nothing I that post had to do with my understanding of why you or taco prefer one setting

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

why is that when I look up illiterate it looks a little bit different to your definition draco. its odd I looked it up from 3 sites all 3 of them contained the exact same definition.

il·lit·er·ate   [ih-lit-er-it] Show IPA
adjective
unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
having or demonstrating very little or no education.
showing lack of culture, especially in language and literature.
displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular field: He is musically illiterate.

taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illiterate

i find it amusing that some parts of the definition are conveniently missing :D

Return to “EE General Discussion”