Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by herik »

These are a few players ive played and seen how well they play:
The Almighty Taco(mid), enigma(mid), TexusRanger(mid), Elite(All sets), WindmillHut(mid), thor(mid), thorn(pre), pryo(mid), seizmic(mid), h0llygh0st(mid/pre), witchking ([eC_Dave])(all sets), kazter imo deserves to go on this list now too(all sets), Jossos (pre), pope of dope(pre), cliffy(all sets), joey(all sets), tool(in mod), himmy(mid), wizo(mid), flydance(pre) darkrider(scens). The are just a few players that i name since i started playing "real sets".

Of course there are many names that I could mention, but I was too young to b an "old school" player, so any other players that wish to submit names, they can.

You have almost missed some incredible players of eec such as:
water, earth, atma, soriana (didn't play with gren players),
Liga is not the only set guys. You have missed some great players of aoc and eec.
Last edited by herik on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote: Didn't delete, but maybe I should. VERY off topic most of it, and the rest is just plain stupid.
Plain stupid? I think the only stupid thing is, is that eec and aoc have been a community for 5 years, and people still have no respect/give a chance to aoc players that have excelled just as much as eec players, and you saying that makes you stupid. If you're too blind to give credit to the aoc players, you disgust me.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Captain Nemo wrote:Note to everyone (who doesn't get it yet):

This is not my list of the 15 people I find the bests ever. It's not my nominations, it's simply just to throw some names out there. I've never seen lion play, neither have I seen elfanor play. I simply put them in the list since I thought some might vote for them.

I even voted for someone not in the list to prove my point. Apparently even spelling it out like that didn't work for the retard masses out there. So please understand this post.

THERE IS A MAX OF 15 CHOICES IN A POLL!!!
I get continuesly mad at the people who miss this point. Hence the "stupid".
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Nemo, i'm not simply stating your list, as you read in my first post, the fact is, aoc players have not gotten respect that they deserve, I mean what, only recently have we gotten a 2nd aoc player to be a moderator (tool), I'm not blaming you personally nemo, but the eec society sickens me the way they treat aoc and new comers.
And continually i see the aoc community shunned out of ee/aoc history, I mean sure, krass is a great player and all, but he is not the best player at all sets, and all these players you have mentioned are liga eec liga players, huh now lets have a think here, what is this poll post really trying to state? all eec players, all liga players, HOW BOUT THE OTHER SETS?
No nemo, I'm simply being a voice for aoc and stating that the community needs to be improved and become equal and start playing together, you also told me to name names, so don't get angry at me for doing so, you asked, I delivered.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote:start mentioning names. Besides. if u count people from aoc u have zeke, lava, lion, goldi, krass. Although of course goldi and krass moved to eec and stayed there.
ALL LIGA PLAYERS. change the title to best liga players

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Herik, as you know I've played AOC since I came back to EE (2009) and saw all Mid games were played on AOC. There is only five people that have impressed me on aoc (when I exclude players who play both like himmy). Those five are (in my opinion right order): 1. Lavanger, 2. Zeke, 3. Shade(who you forgot to mention?!?!), 4. Taco and 5. Tool. Tool could be really good in mid if he cared as much as he does in mod. The other you mention are either someone I consider EEC players or they only play good at one setting.
Now these five are the people I truly respect on AOC. If I were to make the same list just for EEC it would be ten times longer (or more).

Another thing I've noticed is that most other AOC-ers are almost exclusivly Expan-players, and SUCK hard without it. This IMO has to do with the large maps and passive play (huge sign of bad skill) at almost every AOC games. So to respect them (skillwise of course) is really really hard.

Bottom line, respect is earned not given. If AOC want more respect they better step up their game (like it used to be?).
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

herik wrote:Nemo, i'm not simply stating your list, as you read in my first post, the fact is, aoc players have not gotten respect that they deserve, I mean what, only recently have we gotten a 2nd aoc player to be a moderator (tool), I'm not blaming you personally nemo, but the eec society sickens me the way they treat aoc and new comers.
And continually i see the aoc community shunned out of ee/aoc history, I mean sure, krass is a great player and all, but he is not the best player at all sets, and all these players you have mentioned are liga eec liga players, huh now lets have a think here, what is this poll post really trying to state? all eec players, all liga players, HOW BOUT THE OTHER SETS?
No nemo, I'm simply being a voice for aoc and stating that the community needs to be improved and become equal and start playing together, you also told me to name names, so don't get angry at me for doing so, you asked, I delivered.
I was asking for those who should replace the eec players. You honestly think all these aoc players should be up there? 14 names, replacement suggestions?

Only Liga? Sam, BE, elfanor, and BONES (idk if he's actually liga only) seem to be the only only-liga players up there.

And yes I agree kazter.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Yea, samuel can't play mid sword. He would hccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc at start and his food is empty, no sword production = gg.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

BONES is a true all set player (except DM, haven't seen him there). His P2 game is awesome, and he can play any SH/TL on a high level.

Also reading through the post's again I saw this:
herik wrote:You have almost missed some incredible players of eec such as:
water, earth, atma, soriana (didn't play with gren players)
Out of the PRE community the players you should mention is Water/Earth/Xinzor. Forget about Atma and Soriano. Sadly the only one of them who actually tries other settings are Xin.
Also if you're suggesting to put in the best gren player then I give up.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Liga was, has been, and still is the most influential set and the one that best combines skill with game analysis. It's no surprise that players like Krass and Goldeneye are much better at ligasetting than they are at any other set. If you played against Krass/Goldeneye at any set other than Ligaset, know that you haven't actually played against their true thing. That is the reason why some people aren't really enthusiastic (especially amongst the AoC community) about players like KrasS, or at least not in the same way as eec players are, because I believe the AoC community hasn't been able to see him play where he can truely shine.

As for a little history about ligasetting, it is entirely possible to join clans like eC, Ts or Heros on Liga knowledge. I did it with eC and Ts. That is not possible with sets like Mid.
As far as Middle Ages is concerned, every good Liga player with at least decent mechanics can learn it since it's strategically easy and as long as the player has decent mechanics it will not be a problem to learn it at a good level. Obviously he won't reach straight away Dave's level (just to name a player) but his level will be enough to compete at a good level.
Besides you forgot something: Liga players can play basically every TL set at a very good level.

Take a Mid SH player and put him to play ligasetting. It will take him many years to understand what true strategy and analysis is (and out of the liga players from 2009 to to today, only 2% of the liga player got a grasp of what it is) and after that, if you haven't been able to confront yourself with the best players, chances are you will still lose 95% vs Goldeneye after training for many years.

I consider Mod DM to be harder that Mid SH because it requires very quick reactions, decision making and good mechanics and to me it seems to be offering more, in terms of strategical possibilities, than Mid SH does.

Krass is one of the best Terrans in Europe in sc2, and using other nicknames he was also able to easily reach Grandmaster League in the USA server too. If Krass was able to understand sc2's strategy, it's mostly thanks to the analytical abilities that Ligasetting gave him. Had he not played Liga, and perhaps had he been even better at every other set instead, he would not have had success on sc2.

Now think of Ras. He is well known for his strategical abilities, well do you think he would have been able to express these abilities just as much in other sets? No. Had ras not played Liga, he wouldn't have been known for these abilities, because other sets do not offer the same amount of strategical possibilities and creative routes to take.

As for one set that I think offers many possibilities in terms of strategy, I think p2n also needs to be mentioned.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

p2n overall game:

Find water and mountains near your enemies wing.
Tower the small gaps.
Base sit and protect ur side.
Let pocket boom.
Fight.
GG.

PS: You can mix temples & prophets, but that only requires more resources.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

jesus christ, you act like putting 'skilled liga player' on a job resume automatically overqualifies a person for it, and shows they are apart of an elite secret society
mhm?!?

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

Samuel's post just blew my mind. Is that a majority opinion? How interesting...

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's generally well known that if you learn Liga at an earlier stage then you will be able to learn all the other setts at a faster pace. This doesn't apply to everyone and it does not apply to some setts.

Although, I would agree somewhat with Tool's sentiment. Samuel's putting Liga on too high of a pedestal. Example: SKULLS was/is a great Liga player. Too bad he can't play AoC, DM, Islands, or Mod SH for shit, and only recently did he put a large effort into learning P2N/S. That list is surely longer because I've never been able to pull him into many other types of games. BTW sorry I had to sacrifice you there if you read this.

For me, I learned TL, then quit EE, then learned SH, and then relearned TL after the strategies developed more, then moved more into all setts (one of which was Liga, and for the record I've never really liked playing it that much TBH). Liga was not hard for me to learn since I already knew TL and I already knew most all the unit relationships (therefore, easier to learn the strategies).

DM was probably the hardest to get good at because it was so different from everything else in terms of the short game. Nothing you learn specifically from Liga will apply to DM's short game.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Liga was, has been, and still is the most influential set and the one that best combines skill with game analysis.
I disagree. I think Modern DM requires the most combination of skill and game analysis. Simply because you're under pressure to do it so fast. Liga requires most expansive knowledge, like what civs do what, when units evolve, etc but you are rarely thinking as much as you are in a Mod DM.

Liga to me was one of the easiest setts to learn to play at a very good level. Because the knowledge is static. You have civs that you can read that give you an idea of their units and sometimes even their start up. There are basically three types of starts, 2 settle, 1 settle no settle which are all easily discovered in the first five minutes or so. There are around 3-4 dominant units per age(After WW1 it gets more advanced due to the introduction of Air, Cybers, etc) to account for, and when you age they may shift but you can learn that stuff quickly and it never changes. The hardest thing to learn was proper use of your scout dog, but the micro, macro or game analysis isn't anything special and is sometimes much easier depending on the age you land in compared to some other settings I've played.
Liga players can play basically every TL set at a very good level.
I haven't seen a 'liga' first player do well at all on Mod TL other than Krass and Goldeneye, but they have been playing it for as long as I have. Bones did alright, but I wouldn't of callled him an expert. And no offense Samuel but I doubt you could just jump into Mod Tl and play at a very good level.

Some Mod Dm'ers like Nemo and Ghost have done pretty good at Mod Tl, but they have hours in on Mod DM as well.

Kirac, Assys and Nevermind played mod tl pretty good as well. I don't know what their native setting is. I think Assys is mid sh and Nevermind was mod sh. Not sure on Kirac's.
Last edited by ben55 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Return to “EE General Discussion”