Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

ben55

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by ben55 »

for me the best ee player of all time is someone who excelled at every setting 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4/ wing or pocket.

idk if there has ever been a player to do that, but if i had to vote i'd vote for Lavanger, Krass or Goldeneye. i voted for lavanger in the poll, but all three would be worthy choices imo.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

trix stick to your own opinion and don't bash others for voting their way.

As for the mass votes on zeke, ye someone probably trolled that (sry zeke, but seems that way, u still had some true ones tho).
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

What the hell Tricky. You can't be serious. Obviously no one of us thought this poll was going to be "correct" after our own views. Also you most have your head up your ass if you think experts from 2002 will get high in a poll in 2012 with 0,01 % players from that era.
When it comes to Zeke doing good on this poll, that should not be a big surprise either. Him and Lavanger are the only two players who "belong" to the aoc-crown, and he's the only active all-set player who plays on a very high level (when he's bothered to).

After all, this poll was just for fun. Don't get mad at the results and come flame at this. Let Zeke have it.

PS: If I was too serious I blame Pelie. :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

head up my ass na kazter just if 2012 players think they are having as much competition as 2002 then your in a wonder land.

Im not mad at the poll kazter if people wanna vote what player is the most liked then its up to them.
I aint bashing nemo :)
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

What? Didn't say that. I'm saying that if a guy, lets use me in this example, who only got into the EE community after Sierra servers were to vote on his "favorite EE player" or "best EE player" he (in this case being me) would not vote on some old legend he did not know, and would rather vote on the best he has actually seen. Doesn't mean that said person believes his favorite is the best ever, just means he's giving an honest answer to this poll. Something your not expecting.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

so basically this topic aint the best of all time its best of certain times like 2007 + like you said its not fair someone voteing on Elfanor if they never seen him play and all players who replying to this topic are mostly players who seen ppl from 2007+ so they will vote for someone they know.

Not saying phobia is bad at all or any of the other people what have been mentioned just think the title is abit wrong thats all :P

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

something was definitely rigged with the votes on zeke, again no offense ment, but it went from like 1 to 7 in what seemed to be minutes.

Anyway trix this is pointless in nature as every other topic regarding this has always been. Glad u found out :) I do enjoy reading sam's posts though.

Best of all time is always a popular topic, not just in EE but in any sort of sport and so forth. Is messi or Ronaldo best of all time? Pointless discussions and we'll never find out, cause u can't compare skill in different times as the game itself is different. What u can do is bring activity on the forums tho ;)
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

true nemo i like that post :thumbsupl: :thumbsupr:

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

Zeke I agree but dont you think Epic is a worthy choice too he was pretty good in all setts if i remember correctly
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

assys
Basic Member

Post by assys »

Just created a new account because i wanted to lose my 2 cents here 8)

Actually i started in the year 2004 and already played alot with Krass, Goldeneye, Nevermind and so on.
At that time we mostly played indy sh (rush, without expan) on AOC and started mod tl but we were far from playing on a high level which means that i can not definately say who was good and was not. This indeed also counts for the period of time before 2004. It depends on you how much credit you give to this. Well all i can say is that Lion_ was already well known and very good at Mod tl, also people talked about "the-light" which must have been phobia if I am right here?
I just remember Lion_ hosting games on the european ee aoc server (which was the meeting point for all german aoc players) saying "Sick of European noobs". Goldeneye then played some mod tl against him and lost the first ones but improved very fast and finally did beat him couple of times in a row if i remember right here.

Alright lol i see i already wrote too much but i probably just love to talk about ee history lol.

I think that a good player has to be one step ahead of his opponents which means that he had to create strategies that worked against any strategy on any player which is not easy at all.
Well this makes it very hard for new players nowadays to really be successfull since we are talking about an old game with limited strategies which have almost all been already found and used.
All what's left for new players is copying old strats which is not as hard as finding new ones and that's what makes it complicated to find out if there were still very talented players or just random guys that do the same that 90 % did already before.

Comparing this to science seems to be legit here. For example Albert Einstein was declared to be a genious because he copied all the standards of physics and then found something new out of all impressions he could gather before. You can just use the same kind of thinking here too.

so my list without any specific order is: ras, krass, goldeneye, epic and lion? (I haven't seen him play that much plus i was learning when he was at his peak which makes it hard for me to say if he really was very good or just good to me since i was not that good)

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

Great post man
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Comparing this to science seems to be legit here. For example Albert Einstein was declared to be a genious because he copied all the standards of physics and then found something new out of all impressions he could gather before. You can just use the same kind of thinking here too.

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never its a litlle harder, he show us how grafity real work, he show ua , like light work, he was a .................

damn dont doubt on einstein, man
he was best

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

I like the discussion and the things you guys have written so far. And that Zeke got so many votes isn't unbelievable at all. It seems as most of the players here are talking about eec and their players. And it's right. zeke isn't the best liga player of all time. But someone mentioned a question already before: Is this poll just restricted to the best at one set or is it about all settings? I really care about AoC so I was thinking about both. AoC and eec. And I don't know many players who are able to play basically everything. zeke is one of these players. The poll might be more balanced if it was possible to add more players and if there were more aoc players. But since nemo is more familiar with eec than with AoC (Yea I know you've been playing it too..;) ), the majority of the players in this list are from eec. So who to vote for if you're thinking of AoC? zeke or lavanger.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

I don't know why you guys are still talking about it. I will highlight something Wolvy said to tell you the perfect approach that anyone of us should have.

I have better things to do, im enjoying my life with my friends, women and University. You should do the same and you will learn, that ee is worthless and not important. The social life is that life, which gives you amazing feelings, luck and satisfaction.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

he's just mad cuz he has 0 votes

Return to “EE General Discussion”