Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by Captain Nemo »

Im incredibly bored. So here we go, cast away your votes! 5 votes per players so vote for your top 5.

I tried to fit everyone I thought would get votes, and a pitty noob at the bottom :P You can vote for anyone not in the list aswell (except RIC who is by far the best so this is really about who is second best), Ill add the name and number of votes below here.

Additional Players:

Energy 1
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Best EE player Of All Time!?!

Post by Arntzen »

Only voted on people I've seen, have no idea how good Elfanor, Lion_ (toxicundergroov?), BE, Omega, and Epic was/is.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

I have to go for Elfanor he won liga tourny after all so would be kinda crazy not to put him in there when he won it when ee was active.

I also put BE in there i remember him dicking alot of players in indy tl and liga`s.

I put in ras and krass too dont need explain reasons for sticking these 2 in we all know how good they are.

I also put twisted bum in he was idol for many dm players when dm used to be busy busy set and he was best at that time when dm games was active.

There is prob alot of people off that list like zealot i know he prob had one of the best mircro`s and that guy who was in finals v elfanor who should be added to the list to pick from.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Wasn't lion the guy in the final? After what I understand there was a lot of controversy around him being toxicundergroov.

Dug up a post similar to the one Daniel made, have a look:
http://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum ... ,4546,0,10

(Also scroll down to gottahavemoney's list.)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

theres a max of 15 so...

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

I will mostly talk about liga, although in some cases I'll also mention other sets.

_Goldeneye: I think we can pretty safely state that Goldeneye was the player who best represented the newschool era and can be considered the pioneer of the newschool, in the sense that he was the first newschool player to reach a level that would have allowed him to play against the great oldschoolers. Playing mostly in a 2 settlement style that was also extremely popular in 2002, Goldeneye's gaming was very different from the typical micro/harassing oriented kind of gaming that the oldschool represented.
Most oldschoolers were, unlike most newschoolers in 2006-2007, playing with a high PS and their gameplay focused on harassing the enemy somewhat more; Goldeneye and the newschool were mostly characterized by a more passive gamestyle. His best strengths were definitely his being quick at learning, and as for his weakness he maybe lacked some creativity. He was a logical player, he was not the genious who would be able to see things beyond, to perceive things that did not exist, to imagine the unimaginable and explore new horizons.
Maybe this lack of creativity and imagination was what prevented Goldeneye, in my opinion, from being the best player ever.

KrasS: already back in 2007 there were some people who considered Krass to be the best liga player that year. Some oldschooler told me that he thought of Krass as the only newschool player who might have been able to challenge oldschoolers. Everybody knows that Krass and Goldeneye would play a lot of 1v1s, and another thing was sure: his style was somewhat the opposite of Goldeneye's style, more rush oriented and aggressive. It is entirely possible that Krass developed this style in the attempt to distinguish himself from Goldeneye or even, maybe, to be able to beat him more often at Liga. It's my opinion that Goldeneye in 2007 was definitely a better player than Krass in the same year, even though Krass would surpass him in the following years.
I reckon that throughout 2008 Goldeneye was still the better player and it's only in early 2009 when the chinese player BGC came to lobby that we can actually state what's changed. Where Krass won by a slight margin, I'm sure Goldeneye wouldn't have allowed BGC to win even 20% of the games. From that moment onwards, I'm pretty sure Krass caught up with Goldi in summer 2009, where he was extremely good, and as soon as he came back to EE in january 2010 after a break, he had become a better player than Goldeneye, and in the following months he would improve even further. My vote as the greatest player goes, therefore, to him.
Characterized by an extremely strong will to achieve his objective, he will mix logic and creativity, but whereas Goldi's logic was just the natural response to his character and state of being, Krass' logic is more the response of his will to win. His creativity draws the paths that his will power will follow in a logical way.

Ras: ras is perhaps the most characteristic player of the game, both oldschooler and newschooler: however, after speaking to him on different occasions, I feel like he feels to belong to the oldschool more than he does belong to the newschool. His most characteristic feature has to be his creativity, but when I say creativity I'm not talking about his unusual strategies, I'm talking about his approach towards the game. His strategy, which is obviously backed up by strong knowledge of the game, is mostly the result of genious and creative process. Perhaps in the eternal battle between logic and creativity, whereas in Krass logic will have the final word on how to follow the path, in ras it's as if creativity and genious themselves claimed the rights to lead him alongside logic. In a way he's like an opposite of Goldeneye, and he too had the ability to be the best player ever.

----------------------------------------------------
Krass is extremely practical, but not as much as Goldeneye. He is very creative, but not as much as ras. It is the balance between the two that creates the perfect combination, as being too oriented in any of the two wouldn't create such an effective result. Interestingly, ras and Goldeneye were the players that had the most significative impact on KrasS' gaming career, and then his amazing will power did the rest.
To me that is why Krass is having a good sc2 career, and if he stays on the same path, it will get better and better. To become a great you need to be able to imagine the unimaginable and also have a practical logical mentality, and even amongst sc2 pros there are player who lack this balance. Having this balance doesn't necessarily mean you are going to become a great, but if you want to become THE greatest, then you need to have this balance.

----------------------------------------------------

Be: unfortunately I haven't been able to see much from him, and I haven't been able to see him play years ago where he was supposedly at his peak. Apparently when coming back to EE Be lost many games and wasn't able to win as many as he'd have wished. Still when I have played him what looked like incredibly good skills and adaptation on the game. You could clearly tell that he must have been greater than he was when he came back. It was obvious to me since I saw him play that he had great qualities. Being able, at ww1, on his 2nd game after 7 or so years to swap to zooks after a failed inf rush (I made tanks to defend) to try to counter with 130 food/iron tanks is something quite impressive. I also recall other good games where he showed extremely good game sense. Probably in order to get back to his best he'd have needed to adapt to the current strategies and styles, something he didn't have the humbleness for.

Lavanger: I spent some bit of time talking to him about different topics under some of his smurf names. Unfortunately I can't say much about it, aside from the fact that he was an amazing Cavs player with a lot of talent, and I think that even though I can't really say much more since I'm not yet able to verbalize my knowledge on him, I still think he's a good choice on this list.

Captain Nemo: Nemo is an extremely good player in basically every set, he is an extremely solid player, especially reliable in team games because of reasons I will mention in a second.
To me he shares with Goldeneye the pragmatism I talked about earlier and this also explains a lot of things: it explains why he is considered as the best DM player in the game, since it's a set where pragmatism is more important than mere creativity (Goldeneye was great at DM too, and he shared the same mentality as Nemo), and it's because of that pragmatism that he's been able to show very efficiently his abilities as a team player (just like Goldeneye).
In team games, in fact, it is extremely important to be reliable to offer good support to your allies and creativity will do that only to a certain extent. Creativity will mostly help when it comes to Liga 1v1, and this is exactly his most unexplored set (although he has observed many). In this sense he lacks creativity, I'm not saying he's not able to get a strategy, I'm saying he will mostly play it out in a pragmatic way without exploring further the universe of imagination, the universe of the unimaginable visions which is the source of the greatest Liga's strategicians' strategies.

-----------------------------------------

I might talk about other players mentioned there later.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

lol always the same ass kissing all over those topics over and over again..
Does it matter who's the best? Will we ever find out? No.
And having such a short list does that question by far no justice (not to mention that zeke being on it makes all this a joke).
As for Sam, what do you know about oldschool? As much as I do I guess.. so I consider your post as huge showing off and ec ass kissing.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

u don't like the topic, then don't read or post in it please. It was not to annoy anyone nor kiss anyone's ass it was just to make time go by. This is the far most popular type of topic in the history of ee forums, and since there never was a poll in dan's topic I thought I was really contributing something new and original :P

As for the player list I don't necessarily agree with it myself, expressed in my vote on energy who isn't in the list. Just 14 names that would draw some votes from people. And myself for the fun of it ;)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

No fred, no vote.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

PeLlE wrote:lol always the same ass kissing all over those topics over and over again..
Does it matter who's the best? Will we ever find out? No.
And having such a short list does that question by far no justice (not to mention that zeke being on it makes all this a joke).
As for Sam, what do you know about oldschool? As much as I do I guess.. so I consider your post as huge showing off and ec ass kissing.

THIS FINALLY SOMEBODY SAYS IT OUT LOUD

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by tool »

i'm sorry, but why is zeke considered a joke?
mhm?!?

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

tool wrote:i'm sorry, but why is zeke considered a joke?
Who said that zeke is considered as a joke?
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Best player ever: Ric
Second best player ever: Ftek

End of story.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Wizo wrote:
tool wrote:i'm sorry, but why is zeke considered a joke?
Who said that zeke is considered as a joke?
pelie

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

If its best player of all time should it be best all set player who can play p2n liga islands dm sh tl? If so i wouldnt pick twisted bum because he was only a bad ass in dm and elfanor he only played liga so if we checking to see who is the best of all time they should play all these sets like goldeneye did np
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Return to “EE General Discussion”