Liga Best of 3 Kazter vs Shev

Links to and discussion of Empire Earth Videos! Some great training videos are contained within.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Liga Best of 3 Kazter vs Shev

Post by Arntzen »

Game one:

Game two:
Part 1

Part 2

Game three:
[youtube]s3SBtlFelo4&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Had some problems with game two since it apperently were too long for youtube. Splitting it up somehow made the quality worse :(

Anyway, enjoy!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Liga Best of 3 Kazter vs Shev

Post by Captain Nemo »

Watched first game. Seems to me u sacrofice your army to keep a really tight watch with your eco. I don't know if thats good or bad but it did fuck up your rush, cause u didn't pay attention to the very expensive unit u sent right into his base.

Nice to see a game from a player's perspective tho, kinda interresting how everybody plays and this wasn't as confusing as sam's gamestyle lol. :)
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Well, the intentions is to be able to controll everything (eco and army) as good as possible. Thing is I'm still learning. Normally players like Shev wont let you get away with what I did in start.

Haha, well I play on 1/4 of Samuels speed, so this is probably slow motion to him :)

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

1. Don't ever leave a dead animal sit there without a hunter on it. Dead animals decay when unattended so you lose that food.

2. Your CA are already faster than your dog, grouping it makes the speed glitch actually hurt you. Save the dog for scouting the rest of the map. One extra unit for the enemy to shoot at isn't going to matter when you're running around the whole time with 16+3 speed.

3. Building placement... could be a lot better. If it's not going to be within protection of your tower, build it between your enemy and your cits so if your enemy tries to attack-move onto your cits, his troops catch the building instead, requiring more effort (and time) to micro troops to attack cits. I'm not saying to build a barracks next to an unsettled forage that's really open to attack... production buildings are too expensive to lose early in the game... just give yourself a buffer of a few blocks between your citizens and the unknown. Also, place settlements to give your mines priority because food and wood gather much faster than gold and iron, and food and wood sources can be entirely consumed. You also want to place them to allow your cits more mobility so you can run them, especially in later ages when ranged units are used more (early ages, buildings can be used as walls if done right).

4. The first game you had a slow tower. Luckily he double settles so you got away with it. Don't make it a habit since you never know what kind of rush could be coming when you play other opponents and failing to spend that 210 stone can be your biggest mistake. Just be sure to put it at a strong point like a hill, at a choke point, or near some valuable res. That game it didn't come into play, but you didn't put it on the hill and I didn't see you explore more to the top right so I don't know how much use it could've had there.

5. In the second game you massed inf a little too much, waited too long to start on AT (Pandoras spanked you). You were making some pretty good attacks at first but you still let him outboom you. I don't think you made enough farms. You can't be afraid to boom big, at some point you just have to say fuck it and start building farms everywhere, who cares how many (it's 1v1 remember, super pop cap). You'll have too much food to spend on cits and before you know it you'll have all the mines and all the army you can get your hands on. You should have enough farms that you can afford to have them ecoed by inf all game.

6. Practice your army micro a little more, it looks like it's developing but still some room for improvement. Also don't like how a couple times you can see that there's enemy army on the mini-map and you whole-heartedly sent your entire army to attack without first getting it on screen and seeing exactly what and how much of it he had. If units aren't already engaged, better to keep them there and save unit health, get a quick glance, then make a more strategic engagement. If already fighting, it might be worth it to move them back into buildings where the buildings can act as cannon fodder, then re-engage with some micro.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Wow thanks Ghost. I really appriciate this.

1/2. I guess was only misstakes I did in game. Because I knew those two. :)

3. Really interesting. When it comes to Production buildings like barracks I tend to just put em down with not much thought. Looking away from the first rax, I tend to build near I want my army to be defending. (Example bronze 2settle. Tower Gold and build archery close to hunt.)
When it comes to "priority on settlement" Are you thinking of the digi age? Only thing I can see different is doing gold+wood settle in start and eventually make farm to that forage. Was it this you ment?

4. Normally I have faith in myself to be atleast just as fast as him when I go 1settle, this is why I delay the tower. Where I did however make big misstake was 3rd game vs nafrayu. I agree the risk is not worth it, so I'll work on that.

5. Looking back on secound game I should have made seige factory when I saw 2 barracks and cyber factory. Thinking about the airattack in the end of game 2 part 1. Insted I made another rax? Bad choice.
As for the mass farms you are right. Was not a really good game played by me that one.

6. I see, I tend to prioritise eco over army controll most of the time (not always a good idea). Feel like I need to work on both macro and micro. The stuff U listed doesnt sound do difficult so I'll try to use it in my future games.

Thanks again : )

{GaR}_Snake0
Forum Noob

Post by {GaR}_Snake0 »

GG Kazter :wink:

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Ty Snake0! :D

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Kazter wrote:When it comes to "priority on settlement" Are you thinking of the digi age? Only thing I can see different is doing gold+wood settle in start and eventually make farm to that forage. Was it this you ment?
Yes this is referring mostly to the digi age game. What I mean is, if you take for example a forage and a iron mine that are close to each other but not close enough to have a single settlement touch both. You want to put it touching the iron mine because the forage will eventually disappear and food gathers faster. Think: GB 10+5 cit speed and hunt/gather bonus. Same goes for trees... always make the settlement touch the iron mine and let your cits run to the trees because wood gathers faster than iron and will make up for the travel time.

This doesn't have to do with choosing a single resource to put your first settlement on. It's how you place it when 2 resources are relatively close.

In the digi age game, you should've just placed it one block closer (touching) the gold mine but still kept it towards the forage because that's more important than wood.

Also one more thing I just noticed about the digi game is that you made a dog first. This is perfectly ok because you started with infantry. BUT a good strategy is to start air (not sure if you do this, it's up to the player which you do of course). If you do air, then the need for the dog is eliminated. Because you picked GB, your citizen speed is 10+5 in Mod, Digi, and Nano which is only one less than the dog's 16 and the cit is more useful. Use one or two cits to scout the outskirts of your base like a dog would and you can get your hippos super fast this way as well. Then, when you get your first fighter, you just use it to scout out your opponent's position and the relevant map areas, which is way more effective than a dog. In Digi or Nano your dog just ends up getting one-hit zapped by a tower which is lame, making that 50 lost food in the first few F11.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

I almost never do air first in digi mostly because (after my experience) it's a subpar strategy in Digi. Reason, as you probably know, is air is weaker. Spesually when enemy is GB. But I feel your points are very valid for modern and nano age.

Shev
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Shev

Post by Shev »

gg man but I played very bad though :P

I wasnt focused i had always inactive cits and was way too slow specialy game one :s
but nvm well played!

Return to “Empire Earth Videos”