Liga 1v1 - Copper Age

Links to and discussion of Empire Earth Videos! Some great training videos are contained within.
Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Liga 1v1 - Copper Age

Post by Samuel »

Here's a 1v1 I played today, Copper age, against {GaR}_Ray, from my point of view. For some unknown reason the game starts at about 3 f11, have fun:

If I manage to prevent fraps from lowering the FPS, I might post some more games, including some against more known players.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Liga 1v1 - Copper Age

Post by Arntzen »

Pretty nice, but still has alot of potensial. I know you are not 100% so please dont take it the wrong way. :-) I still find you too passive with your army. The fact that the hippos had to attack you first for you to kill em, for example. But still really good video. Think 99% can pick up something you did here. From how you use the dog early game to how much you were booming while attacking late game.

Question: Do you never controll group your citizens? I feel like that could save you alot of trouble.

Btw OMG you spam even more that I do! Haha.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Kazter wrote:Pretty nice, but still has alot of potensial. I know you are not 100% so please dont take it the wrong way. :-) I still find you too passive with your army. The fact that the hippos had to attack you first for you to kill em, for example. But still really good video. Think 99% can pick up something you did here. From how you use the dog early game to how much you were booming while attacking late game.

Question: Do you never controll group your citizens? I feel like that could save you alot of trouble.

Btw OMG you spam even more that I do! Haha.
After making my considerations, thinking about your reply, I decided to completely edit my response.

1_ In spite of whatever way through which fraps lag might have restrained me, if really my gaming there still has a lot of potential ... then most of the people who play liga today, including you, aren't even born babies yet, or they are yet to learn to speak.

2_ I think in my video there's a good example of an attack from 2 sides, whilst making economy at the same time and organizing the game. As far as I can recall, the latest players seen to be doing something like that, at least in ligasetting (I don't know about other sets) were Krass and Myst. Funnily enough, this part of the game is completely overlooked ;P

3_ An early pressure since the first spears, judging by the flow of the game, would have worked, but wasn't necessary at all. As I hope you have noticed, I was planning to age up quite quickly this game.
Oh yes, definitely the way through which I killed hippos is enough to say I played passively ;P

4_ It's not really about what you say, it's somehow what I can perceive from your comments that just doesn't seem right. It's as if John Carew wanted to teach David Beckham how to take a free-kick ;P

Most of the essence of your post is "this and that can be done better".

I don't accept that. Why are you telling me what I can do better, when 95% of the things I've shown in the video, you would do them in a not as good way? Don't you think that sounds a bit wrong?

John Carew showing David Beckham how the right foot should make contact with the ball in a free kick, perhaps just because Beckham has just hit the bar.
And besides, in this case, I think I scored a goal.
And not because of the victory, since my opponent wasn't one of EE's best, but because of how convincing my whole game was. And I challenge whoever thinks it isn't to prove me otherwise.

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

I have edited my last post

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

The fact that the hippos had to attack you first for you to kill em
I had a laugh :D

btw seriously sam I almost threw up from watching u play lol it's so confusing and unrelaxing :D
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Since you are bringing up football, here is a question to you: Do Messi play a game thinking his own performance have nothing to improve? 

I replied my thoughts to hear what you and others think about it, not to offend you in any way. I see stuff that can be improved, and if that means I'm a baby that havent yet learned how to speak, then atleast I'm trying to! I feel this is a matter of wanting to learn more!

I was trying to give constructive criticism, if you still dont accept my input then I'll shut up.

If you feel I'm taking away credit from your game than I'm sorry, it was not my intention. Gg wp and thanks for shareing! :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Shushi Of The Mist
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Shushi Of The Mist

Post by Shushi Of The Mist »

lol i think what everyone means sam is that you played well and handled everything correctly GG and WP

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Kazter wrote:Since you are bringing up football, here is a question to you: Do Messi play a game thinking his own performance have nothing to improve? 

I replied my thoughts to hear what you and others think about it, not to offend you in any way. I see stuff that can be improved, and if that means I'm a baby that havent yet learned how to speak, then atleast I'm trying to! I feel this is a matter of wanting to learn more!

I was trying to give constructive criticism, if you still dont accept my input then I'll shut up.

If you feel I'm taking away credit from your game than I'm sorry, it was not my intention. Gg wp and thanks for shareing! :)
You may not have ment any harm, but I can understand sam's reaction to your hints. Having someone "lower ranked" than yourself give u hints or at least someone not accepted as one to give u hints, simply cannot do it, it's in some way degrading. Krass would be in a position to give sam hints given the fact he's not only higher ranked, but also worked with sam alot. (idk how much he actually taught sam directly)

It may sound stupid but thats just how it works if you're a proud person, and it doesn't mean anything that u mean the best, or even that you're right.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

{GaR}_Snake0
Forum Noob

Post by {GaR}_Snake0 »

GG Sam, bel game niente da dire :D..ancora Ray (come me) purtroppo è fuori forma, ti avrebbe dato del filo da torcere sennò :D

Alla prossima ci vediamo sulla lobby ;)

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

I somehow can't view your video, Sam. Could you post the youtube link to it? Thx.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Return to “Empire Earth Videos”