Wired AoC bug

If you think there's an error or glitch that may have been overlooked, please tell us. The more details you can provide, the better (instructions to reproduce the problem work best).
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Wired AoC bug

Post by Lancelot5 »

Today i was able in P2S game to age up to stone few seconds after game started because it only costs me 600 food. I dunno how that happend maybe its because i installed EmpireEarth for Gameranger and used there the Alpha package for installing the game. But i installed it on an other location so i dunno how that happend.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Wired AoC bug

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

not sure about aoc gr dunno why you would want to play aoc on gr :s i would uninstall aoc gr aint like there is many games for aoc there
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:not sure about aoc gr dunno why you would want to play aoc on gr :s i would uninstall aoc gr aint like there is many games for aoc there
Read again what he said, if you still conclude he plays AoC on gameranger, read it again lol. (Continue untill you get the point that he didn't play AoC on gameranger.)

I talked to lancelot, and my only guess that epoching costs 600 food is because GR 1.5 patch has 4 types of game variants in it. Maybe one of them is created so that epoching to stone cost 600 food. If you install 1.5 it asks you if you play AoC (if you do you check the box, if not leave it blanc.) and most likely lance forgot to check this box.

Again, it's my only guess, I haven't seen this bug before.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

It's because the AoC is linked to the GR EE. Even if you just want to play EEC on GR and AoC on lobby, you need a completely separate GR EE for reliable no-bug playing of AoC.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Basically if you want both you have to:

1. Uninstall everything
2. Install EE and DO NOT UPDATE OR PATCH OR DO ANYTHING YET
3. Copy your new, virgin EE folder to a different spot, then use the copy you just made for any GR stuff (make sure you apply GR patches to the copy, not the original)
4. Update original folder to 1.0.4.0 then to 2.0, then use the original folder for lobby
5. Install AoC, which is used for lobby
6. Apply all lobby patches, auto-update should still work

As for the bug itself, this has to do with AoC inherting data from EE. These are really easy to spot when you use mods/patches for either/both games and they're done incorrectly or applied incorrectly.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “Report Bugs”