Recent down time

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Recent down time

Post by Ghost »

Recently, the "save-ee.com" domain name was unavailable because it expired. Although the domain name was renewed, the company we are purchasing the domain name from is in the middle of splitting into two companies. Due to these circumstances, it took some time to restore the domain name.

Because of the nature of the lobby system, which uses the save-ee.com domain name to check for updates and the status of the server, this caused the server to go down. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sometime in the near future we plan on transferring the save-ee.com domain name to the same account as the lobby server, which will hopefully eliminate some reliability issues. We thought this was done some time ago but apparently the transaction did not take place.

I assure you that our website and lobby server will continue to run as long as we have the appropriate funding from donators. Currently, we have received enough donations to keep the virtual private server running for another 8.8 months (if it ever comes to it, I will round that amount up and pay the difference on the final month).

I will be graduating from college very soon, and if the point comes where we do not have the funds and the demand for the server remains, I will run the server for some additional time via either (semi-)dedicated hosting or my own internet connection.

Remember, our goal here is to Save Empire Earth. I tend to believe that what we do is based on what the overall community desires. I know that recently some of you have again voiced your opinion about the patches we currently use (generally negative, because naturally those who dislike a current system are more likely to voice their opinion). I think that sometime in the near future, I will again host a poll in the lobby for the choice of either (A) Keep current patches; or (B) Return to vanilla EE 2.0/AoC 1.0. As far as I know, there will not be any new patches developed by Omega, and therefore these will be the only two choices for simplicity's sake.

I know that EE is dying. There's no question about it. But, for the time being, please keep the development of this community in mind. I know that many people love playing this game (including myself, but I no longer have much time for it), so we should allow our peers and newer players to have that same opportunity. I always keep that in the back of my head as an administrator. Every time I have to dish out a mute or a ban, that concept goes through my head. It's not an easy job and it's not something I like to do. All I want everyone else to do is think about that when they're logged in, or take the extra step and do it even when you aren't logged in for that matter.

TL;DR: Go back and fucking read it you asshole, it's kinda important.

Your (somewhat friendly?) administrator,
Ghost
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Re: Recent down time

Post by sporaTiK »

well said! It does seem to be dying a little, but then you have those odd days with tons (75-100) of ppl on. Another point i wanted to bring up is the fact that the majority of the ee community are now entering or graduating college. With that said, the time everyone has to play is decreasing but we also are getting high paying jobs! Hopefully this means there won't be a problem with donations (although im not the one to say this as I have yet to donate). Just some thoughts

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

sporaTiK wrote:well said! It does seem to be dying a little, but then you have those odd days with tons (75-100) of ppl on. Another point i wanted to bring up is the fact that the majority of the ee community are now entering or graduating college. With that said, the time everyone has to play is decreasing but we also are getting high paying jobs! Hopefully this means there won't be a problem with donations (although im not the one to say this as I have yet to donate). Just some thoughts
Thoughts from a banned player lol

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

i'm banned?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

inola wrote:Thoughts from a banned player lol
You've gotta be thinking of someone else lol
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I must be.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

sporaTiK wrote:i'm banned?
No, you're definitely not banned. Mike is just confused.

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

My bad got you confused with Synbitz

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

I want omega to undo the buff he gave the priests, or at least reduce it quite a bit. Apart from that the patches are pretty awesome.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

unacceptable, imo everyone should get free donor status for a month.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

ben55 wrote:unacceptable, imo everyone should get free donor status for a month.
One time we tried giving everyone free donor status for a DAY. In under half that time, someone abused the rank badly enough that we had to remove it from everyone.

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

Downformeoreveryone?
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

_thor wrote:Downformeoreveryone?
me too, dont worry :P

anchorman
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Omega wrote:
ben55 wrote:unacceptable, imo everyone should get free donor status for a month.
One time we tried giving everyone free donor status for a DAY. In under half that time, someone abused the rank badly enough that we had to remove it from everyone.
What exactly are the benefits of donor status that someone could abuse?

Also, why downtime today?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

anchorman wrote:
Omega wrote:
What exactly are the benefits of donor status that someone could abuse?

Also, why downtime today?
Benefits;

Your name appears (almost) in the top of the list!
You can use HTML coding to fancy up your awesome chat!
You have a + Added to your puppit!
You can whisper EVERYONE at once!

Donate 250,000.00$ now to Save-EE!
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Announcements”