Looking for speedrunners

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
tissue901
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: tissue

Looking for speedrunners

Post by tissue901 »

Hey all, I'm curious if anyone would be interested in doing a speedrun challenge. My friend and I are doing a Mid SH 1v1 Hard AI Tiny speedrun to see who can get the fastest time. Neither of us have played in a couple years so our times arn't great but I'm slowly getting mine down. I think back in the day sub 8min would have been easily done. My current best is 34:40 (11min 33sec).

To keep things fair, this uses a presaved game so that the map and settings are the same between runs. Choose your own civilization. Only thing that could cause an issue is which patch people are using. Most of the time I just run the stock v2.0 patch from Sierra. I'm aware most people on this forum are running NeoEE's patches, not sure how much of an effect that would have on it.

If you'd like to participate, I've made a forum post on speedrun.com for posting times:
https://www.speedrun.com/ee1/thread/4n08b

Here is the presaved game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AK13ae ... sp=sharing

I tried getting them to add some more speedruns other than the campaign but they told me no because lack of competition. I figured surely some people would be interest in this.

It's always great to come back and see all the work everyone is doing to keep this game going strong. Definitely need to checkout some of these new mods people have created and I'll have to get into the multiplayer lobby sometime.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Looking for speedrunners

Post by lightnessking. »

Interesting idea, I suppose we would be rushing a 2 rax swords to kill any citizens building military buildings/towers and then pump out a siege factory with rams to kill the capitol. Too bad I can't properly run EE on my machine anymore. :/
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

tissue901
Forum Noob

Post by tissue901 »

Whats the issue you're seeing with running EE? For the longest time I had an issue where after about a minute the game would freeze, whether it was in the menu or in an actual game. 1 out of 20 times it let me play a full game. I found dgvood2's mod for simulating a GPU and I've finally been able to play consistently again. Not one freeze since. Not sure if that helps your issue at all but figured I'd share incase you haven't tried that.

tissue901
Forum Noob

Post by tissue901 »

Played again tonight. Got my time down another 5 minutes. Definitely a lot of room to improve. Need to attack sooner and my boom was stagnant for the first 5f11.

29:39 (9m 52s)

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

speedrun2.jpg
speedrun1.jpg
Gave it a try :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Gave it few trys too 4:29 best so far. Few seconds could be saved with some optimizing but below f11 4 seems to hard...

tissue901
Forum Noob

Post by tissue901 »

Damn ya'll are way too good, here I was hoping to get under 8 F11 :shock:

Well at least now I've got something really to work towards. Just played again and got it down to 9m 22s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfjNcFNh_qM

Are you guys just sword/siege rushing?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I'm not sure about the actual damages anymore in EE but wouldn't pikeman rushing increase damage?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”