Mod tl Starting Tutorial

Links to and discussion of Empire Earth Videos! Some great training videos are contained within.
LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Mod tl Starting Tutorial

Post by LacRimoSa »

As requested, I made a Mod tl Wing tutorial with accompanying commentary.
English isn't my native language, so forgive any mispronunciation or mistakes I made.
Have fun!

Mod Tl Wing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYB4G_JWO_0

You can get the civilisation I used here: click It's the "!wing, inf-anti tank" civilisation, or if you just want to check and not download, go here: click

Explanation:
You start with 5 citizen. First of all, you send 4 to your food patch. And the last to a near forest, or if you want to rush to an iron mine. If possible near a forest.
Now, choose your civilisation.
Select your capitol and built two citizens.
Set your rally point to the animals.
Built one settlement to your food patch and one to wood or iron.
Built 2 citizen in your settlement near the food patch and set the rally point on your food patch.
Lure your animals with the citizen you built in your capitol. With the second you built, lure either the other animal or send him to the animal you already lured.
Send the citizien who built the settlement on wood or iron to the hunt. Built citizen from said settlement and set the rally point to the forest.
Group your settlements and capitol and set the rally point to the nearest forest. Constantly built citizen.
Wait untill you have 85 wood, then send 3 citizen to an iron mine. Built a settlement there. If you have already built a settlement near an iron mine, then dont.
If you dont plan on rushing, or going tanks, send 3 citizen to an gold mine and built a settlement there.
If you have 100 wood, select 3 citizen and send them to your iron mine. You should have 6 citizen on your iron mine now. Send one extra citizen to the border of your base.
Select 3 citizien and send them to your gold mine. You should have 6 citizien on your gold mine now.
If you have 191 wood, built a barrack.
Group all your settlements and your capitol and set the rally point to the forest. Keep making citizens.

At this point, or even earlier you should make a canine scout and see what your enemy is doing.
If he starts with infantary, make a second and even a third barrack. If he's tank make a siege factory.
Either way, built 2 houses. Do not built a tower, unless you can block your enemy totally. But more to the proper tower setting will follow in a other tutorial.

There surely are more strategies and different starts, however, this is the most comon one and has suited me best.

Things to remember:

-Three citizien on hunt are enough.
-If you built settlements on iron and gold, you should get your barrack at around f11 5.
-Builting the second settlement on iron instead of wood will make you faster. However, if you dont plan on rushing, it's better to built it to a forest, since it will give you a better boom.
-The start for pocket is for most civilisations the same.
-This start stays the same for every Mod tl civilisation that contains Buildings Cost reduction, citizen Cost reduction and Hunting and Foraging.

If I made any mistake, please say so and I'll try to fix it.
Last edited by LacRimoSa on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Mod tl Starting Tutorial

Post by Arntzen »

modtl video.jpg
I dont see any video :O
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

yes.. im still dealing with this problem..
but it is there.. since my addblock wants to block it :)

I posted a normal link above.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

As for the actuall tutorial: Very helpfull and well written! :) thx alot man !

ben55

Post by ben55 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWnK25BdJE

video of me doing my pocket(air) strat -- i think i'm the only one who uses the civ/play style, so idk it may or may not being something good to learn on.

the video cuts off @ 11~. Basically from 11 on you aim for 4-5 gold and iron mines total, and about 5 airports. I grab 3 stone mines too for coli rush.

Assist wing with land.

Not as in depth as lacri, but might be helpful.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Very helpfull indeed. It shows how to start without building cr. Also gives a good idea about how to setup pocket base! Good job! ;-)

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

cool vid lacri.
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

Return to “Empire Earth Videos”