Windows XP and NeoEE patch..

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
thearseofwar
Basic Member

Windows XP and NeoEE patch..

Post by thearseofwar »

Hello!

I hope all are well in this curious and troubling time.

Being all locked down as I am I decided to dig out Empire Earth, having put it away nearly a decade ago when kids arrived. lol.

I was able to find an old PC laptop in the loft...:)

I have reinstalled EE no problem and I can play against the computer. I installed the patch for multiplayer. It works for me to get into the lobby, but even playing single player crashes EE with patch.

I have tried all the settings I have seen, but no luck.

Apologies if I've missed a post on this subject, but I would like help to get multiplayer/patch working with Windows XP, please.

The EE game does not offer Windows 7 or 10 as an option on Windows XP

It offers :

Windows 98/ME
Windows NT 4.0
Windows 2000

There is also no option to start as admin, but the user profile I am using on the ancient laptop is the admin.

Video card is whatever was default for a Sony VAIO back in the early 2000's

The game display gives the options of :

Primary Display Driver
MOBILITY RADEON

Direct 3D
Direct 3D Hardware TL

Any help would be appreciated. I find I still enjoy games against the cheating computer, lol, but I'd much rather play some multiplayer, and to see some old friends too :)

Many thanks!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Windows XP and NeoEE patch..

Post by Jodocus »

Does it crash without the patch? Have you tried to play a bit with graphic settings/resolutions? You may also install it on Windows 10, it should work flawlessly there as well.

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Re: Windows XP and NeoEE patch..

Post by thearseofwar »

Hi :)

Thanks for the reply.

It works fine without the patch. The patch crashes the game even on single player (I've tried changing all the settings as advised) and then I have to restore the computer to an earlier time, as it seems to stuff the entire system up. There isn't an option for Windows 10 compatibility as it's a very ancient laptop/Windows ME. Early 2000's...it's been in the loft a long time. I don't think it's the fault of the patch, just how old the laptop is.

All that said...as I'm having to home school my kids for the time being, due to lockdown, I've become fed up with trying to do that with ipads and ordered a PC to use as a school work station.

So that'll be for school work in the days and EE in the evenings. lol!

I'll wait now until that arrives early next week and install EE on it and try again :)

Cheers!

Return to “Support”