Stupid AI

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
MrKen
Novice Member
Lobby Username: MrKen

Stupid AI

Post by MrKen »

When I make a scenario, I sometimes really hate the AI...

Problem 1. All they build is settlement and settlement... If there's enough to chop, they might make the nano age.. Tho they do build Docks and sometimes start developing in the Atomic age.
Tried to give them houses, no effect. Also giving them a barracks doesnt changse this (except they make some units)

Problem 2. The whole civilization wants to build their camp somewhere else. (They walk across the whole map) Locking them in trees works, but as soon they get free, they do the same afterall.
Tried to give them houses standard (near their Capitol) but no changses)

Problem 3. AI ignores manually added Gold mines, stone mines, iron ores, forage paths???

Someone knows the source of the problem or perhaps a solution?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Stupid AI

Post by Ghost »

Generally, default scenario AI is extremely stupid and really wasn't designed to sustain itself. I really don't know what type of effect you're trying to achieve, but you'll have to use triggers to modify the AI. Under Effects, create a new effect and select the type to be AI. Then, the Action should be Set AI Variable, and the different variables are listed under the Attribute menu.

I really only have experience with triggers used for multiplayer scenarios, and usually even for single player scenarios, the situation is staged and most computer AI actions are done manually. You might have trouble creating an AI that grows on its own. I can't really give you a specific remedy to the problems you've mentioned.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

MrKen
Novice Member

Post by MrKen »

Problem 2 solved; I had to remove an unit which was wrong placed.
Problem 3 solved; In higher epochs, they will look for resources elswhere on the map...

Problem 1 however keeps going... What trigger settings work best?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

If you go to the AI Settings page in the Players section, you should make sure the Attack and Defend boxes are checked, and you could possibly lower the citizen percentage. This would force them to make military and in order to do that they need barracks, etc.

What they make is also based on what the human player already has. Usually they don't epoch until you do, and their population also varies based on yours. Usually they try to counter whatever unit you have most of.

In the Set AI Variables effect you can choose from a ton of different things, just try looking. Namely, the "Desired Number of _________" where the blank is Barracks, Stables, Siege Factories, etc. will cause them to build more if they have less than the set number. Really all you have to do is look at the list. There's a shitload of stuff there so that you can make the AI do whatever you want.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

MrKen
Novice Member

Post by MrKen »

Thank you, I will try the citizen percentage...
I already found out, that the AI copy's the human player.

As soon my laptop works again, I'll try it out.

Return to “EE General Discussion”