NeoEE goes Linux

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

NeoEE goes Linux

Post by Jodocus »

Hi everyone!

There was no much progress in the NeoEE development from my side within the last years. However, there are some news, although maybe not too interesting ones for the average gamer. After quite some tedious work, I finally succeeded in porting the entire NeoEE server system to the Linux operating system. This comes with the following implications:

1. From the lobby perspective, nothing should change. The only noticable thing could be new bugs introduced during the development, i.e. crashes and alike. Although I've tried my best, some crashes during the test phase are unavoidable, but I am sure this will only be a problem for the first few weeks.

2. The costs of running the lobby will be reduced. Windows servers are usually more expensive than those running Linux, thus one could reduce the costs OR rent additional servers on different continents: this could reduce latency and improve the possible lag in full relay games (a feature which should allow everybody to host, albeit being still buggy and mostly unknown to the lobby community, as it has not been documented).

3. With the new code base up, I can start trying to fix some still existing lobby bugs. I noticed that some people sometimes have the problem of not being able to log in after finishing a game, this I should definitely fix in an upcomming release.

Stay tuned for more infos!

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: NeoEE goes Linux

Post by Arntzen »

Great work!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Tipsy Mcstagger
Lurker
Lobby Username: Tipsy Mcstagger

Post by Tipsy Mcstagger »

Just joined the website. looking forward to when the lobby patch is back up

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

Nice job bro :thumbsupl: I look forward to testing this new version.

katemottershead
Lurker
Lobby Username: FuryFish

Post by katemottershead »

Hi there!

I am trying to install the NeoEE patch so I can play empire earth with my brother online, but we can't seem to access the website. Tried on chrome, firefox and IE and not getting anywhere... there's nothing in the console log and only one request in the network log going to www.neoee.net which is pending until it times out...
All browser say network timed out/took to long to respond.

Any help would be great!

Thank you
Kate

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

katemottershead wrote:Hi there!

I am trying to install the NeoEE patch so I can play empire earth with my brother online, but we can't seem to access the website. Tried on chrome, firefox and IE and not getting anywhere... there's nothing in the console log and only one request in the network log going to http://www.neoee.net which is pending until it times out...
All browser say network timed out/took to long to respond.

Any help would be great!

Thank you
Kate
You're right, it's down at the moment. Try this link:
Bogdan_xD wrote:Seems that NeoEE site is down, so here's a link to the installer :
https://titaniux.s-ul.eu/SZhJuHPS
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Announcements”