INCREASE FOOD AND FISH PATCHES UNITS OF FOOD - EEC BALLONS

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Jackye
Forum Noob

INCREASE FOOD AND FISH PATCHES UNITS OF FOOD - EEC BALLONS

Post by Jackye »

FOR EEC AND AOC:
It would be nice to make initial food patches infinite or with the same units of food of a farm (300000), 2500 units are very few especially if you play a p2n or p2s plains map; this change let players a real chance to not finish a game in stone age cause they don't have enough food to go copper and build farms...

it would be nice too increasing fish unit of food to avoid deleting fishing boats and wasting wood spent to produce them, when fishes are all gone, this will get a more strategy game on the sea too to defend fishing areas...

I experienced that in island games you run out of wood very quickly and if you have no more wood you can't build aa or boats or siege units or buildings so it would be a nice idea to increase the amount of wood of tries, at least for islands maps...

another idea would be to allow market to be build by everyone not only as a special power, market is an important part of every rts game and i think it's a big error leaving it as a special power, nobody gonna spend civ point to build market so it's useless as it is now...

FOR EEC ONLY:
last idea is to make possible in eec to create ballons not only from ww1 to modern but until nano age or to substitute them to satellites from digital to nano like it happens in aoc...

Please write some opinion on this topic.

By Jackye

Baron
Basic Member

Re: INCREASE FOOD AND FISH PATCHES UNITS OF FOOD - EEC BALLONS

Post by Baron »

play dm

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

the limited food is very important for p2s. 2500 food were enough for 9 years, why should we change it? the fish patches are fine for me, they collapse when i dont need them anymore (in most cases when going bro age they collapse)

Jackye
Forum Noob

Post by Jackye »

Dear Baron,
DM is different cause in DM you start with lot of resources in your inventory, instead with this modification you start with basic resources in your inventory but you can collect more unit of food cause food doesn't run out quickly...

DJay

Post by DJay »

i like the idea of 300k food patch and fish things

but i don agree with market.

but id like to build maret as a special power from copper tho

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

food management is the key in p2s, changing it to 300k would change the sett that heavy, we couldnt control the consequences. i have enough of these experiments

DJay

Post by DJay »

i dont like pre anyway lol

but id iike market from coper anyway

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

well i mainly agree with baron ...300k would be too much i think...but maybe 3 or 3,5k?
and
trees up to 1000? if u play p2s planets just for fun ..u run out of wood very quick...and i dont wanna waste poitns for market :tongue:
I am sweet.

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

_Ownage^DJ_™ wrote:i dont like pre anyway lol
u mentioned an important point. if u realy think of trying that idea, ask the pre players ONLY. dont ask mid sh players who have a prob with pre cause of the food management, they would like it ofc that pre is getting nearer to mid sh. ask the ppl who have to take the pain lol
Last edited by Baron on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Never been much of a Pre-X player, but from my experience, food MANAGEMENT is kinda one of the main points of playing the set. Drastically increasing the amount of food available would, imo, remove a considerable chunk of the skill set used in Pre-X. However, I have already made an altered Medi map that does focus on the needs of Pre-X players, though it hasn't been released. The alterations made include:
  • Only Grass terrain
  • Guaranteed 2 gold and 2 iron in your base (outside resources stay the same)
  • Slight increase in trees per forest.
  • And a slight increase in the lake size where the water percentage is only like 30% on larger maps
  • Increased fish
  • Small increase in hunt
I can release it if anyone is interested.

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

I agree with Baron.

The limited food resources in pre/stone is a major pinnacle of the strategy needed to balance war with economy...to be able to NOT waste clubs and protect cits so that you have sufficient food to reach farming epoch. If you make food supplies limitless, rather than increasing the strategic potential of the sett and making games last longer I believe you would (most likely) find a lot of games ending in pre as ppl could just club slut and waste without fear of consequence.

It is the consequences that make the game interesting. Remove a major consequence and you take away a lot of the challenge of the game.

;)

DJay

Post by DJay »

owbout a freakin market from coper???

i like that idea

Jackye
Forum Noob

Post by Jackye »

at least doubling food patch unit, 2500 is too few for a no f11 plains game...

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

Jackye here's the thing.

Make a BIG ARMY and do as much as you can to damage your enemies eco (without wasting clubs fighting enemy army in his towers and morale) until f11 45 (you have food in patches at this point for copper still, plus animals if you haven't over hunted). Then defend your base (while hitting when opportunity presents) and your allies and rush for copper. Do that general plan and you will not have a food issue.

I like you as a player, don't take it the wrong way, but you are another of these guys that always thinks epoch only will win you the game...try and defense boom and find you get outboomed and run out of food...cause your enemy is always cleaning out your patches and mines at a reasonable rate.

Change your strat...don't seek to take away some of the CHALLENGE of the sett...and you will enjoy it more.

;)

p.s. I know you are really strong after copper...you just need to make a few adjustments to your early strat...not seek to make the food patches so big they take away the balance of the eco/war in pre and stone.

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

I know you initiated this because you thought deeper food patches would lead to games going to higher epochs more often, but that isn't the issue, I think. The games that make it a long way, ren+, are the ones with well balanced teams. And that's something that is very hard to fix, given that there are some guys that play every day and have done pretty much for 9 years, and still don't understand the value of houses. lol.

p.s. the market idea...bring it on. You are right it's a dead power as it is (other sett ppl may feel differently ofc).

Return to “Patches”