Dynamic/Staic Objects

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Griffon
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Griffon

Dynamic/Staic Objects

Post by Griffon »

What does that checkbox exactly do? On the ee manual, it says:
If Dynamic is unchecked, the first unit(s) or building(s) found to meet the indicated requirements will be chosen for the object definition and no further selecting will be done, even if the object definition is used in another condition or effect. Checking the Dynamic box means new units or buildings will be picked for the object each time the object is used (the same unit(s) may or may not be selected each time). This is useful if you want to use the same Object Specification in several condition and/or effect definitions but do not want the same unit(s) to be used each time.
I have a hard time understanding what it means. :shock:

I tested it with unit spawning. It seems that if the box is unchecked (i.e. static), and let's say you are spawning tanks, if you delete the first tank, then no tank will ever spawn again. But if you check the box on, then even if you delete all the spawned tanks, new tanks would still be spawned.

Can someone who knows more about this function give an explanation?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Dynamic/Staic Objects

Post by Captain Nemo »

now idk anything about scens, but it seems it's that thing u check when u have like a micro scen where u have a cirtain amount of (say AT) units available at any time. Then in such a scen it's about getting the best out of your army since opponent will have same amount..
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Griffon
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Griffon

Post by Griffon »

I don't think you got what I meant.

Destiny
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Vintar

Post by Destiny »

Say that I have two units on the map, both are marines.

Now lets say that I create an object that specifies 1 marine and 1 marine only (using the dropdown menu, NOT unit selection). I make it so that every second, the object gets bigger, on looping.

If the Dynamic is unchecked, here is what happens:

The game starts, the object is selected to be the first marine. The first marine will grow in size every second, and the second marine will never grow bigger. This is because the object is selected ONCE and never again.

If the Dynamic is checked, here is what happens:

The game starts, and the object is selected to be the first marine. The first marine gets bigger in the first second, but THEN, the object must be re-selected the next time around, meaning that either the first marine or the second marine could be chosen to gain the size boost. Over a long period of time, we would expect both marines to have a similar size. This is because the object is reselected EVERY TIME the object is used in a trigger.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”