Questions

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Questions

Post by Arntzen »

How do you give the ability for lets say a player in Middle to build War elephants? or tempest's for that matter!

How can I make it so the civilizations in my scenario has lets say 300 or 400 points?

Can I make it so trebs will "stand guard" and automatically shoot enemies BUT so the player who has these trebs cannot move them? HOW?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Questions

Post by lightnessking. »

yes yes and yes.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

I see you read the word "CAN" but forgot about the word "HOW", together they are "HOW CAN" which implies I want to know how it can be done, not just if it can be done. Thanks :D

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Post by President Obama »

Thats just cruel lightness.

Its been awhile, but find an effect in player menu that does add technology, my ee don't work atm so I'm just going badly off memory.

You can add civ points in the player menu somewhere, but I remember them being dodgy in multiplayer and not working like you can't actually select any new civ's but I think it has something to do with the template.

Set the speed to 0 on the trebs? Or 1. That or make an area effect so that when unit is not in area, it is tasked to that area.

Thats as helpful as I can be without having a working ee.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

Destiny
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Vintar

Post by Destiny »

Kazter wrote:How do you give the ability for lets say a player in Middle to build War elephants? or tempest's for that matter!

How can I make it so the civilizations in my scenario has lets say 300 or 400 points?

Can I make it so trebs will "stand guard" and automatically shoot enemies BUT so the player who has these trebs cannot move them? HOW?
1. You'll want to enable the techs in the tech list (under the players tab) for both the units desired and the buildings they are produced from.

Then, you'll want to grant the techs for both the units and the buildings with a trigger effect.

2. I'm not familiar with this one, but my guess would be to use the triggers.

3. If your trebs are not going to be moving in any shape or form, you can just surround them with impassable tiles.

You could set their speed to 1, but then they would still be able to move after a while. If you set their speed to zero, they won't turn to attack.

Another way you could do this is to make it so that when the player selects the treb(s), they freeze or go to a speed of 0/1, only unfreezing/gaining speed back when not selected.

If you don't use impassable tiles, you'll also want to have a looping trigger that sets the stance on the trebs to 'stand ground'.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Destiny wrote: Then, you'll want to grant the techs for both the units and the buildings with a trigger effect.
How is that done exactly?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

After like 30min of being a nabster in scen editor, I found out how to do this.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”