I got some scenario questions

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
B.Lizard
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: -¤{Dr³}¤- B.Lizard

I got some scenario questions

Post by B.Lizard »

Hey, I'm making a whole new scenario, but I have some questions.

1: How can I trigger something, so for example if you kill a chinese infantry you get 1 stone, but if you kill a persian immortal, you get 5 stone.

2: How can I trigger something, when your units stand in an area, they all get healed on the same time? Because what I have now, they get healed one by one, but the area needs to work like a hospital.

I hope someone on this forum knows how to solve these problems.
My scen is almost ready and it's gonna be awesome ^^

~ B.Lizard

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: I got some scenario questions

Post by lightnessking. »

Hey, I'm making a whole new scenario, but I have some questions.

1: How can I trigger something, so for example if you kill a chinese infantry you get 1 stone, but if you kill a persian immortal, you get 5 stone.

Give all chinese infantery 1 stone (effect, add 1 stone to object (infantery)
if chinese infantery dies, add 1 stone to player.
Not sure if this is possible, i'll have to try.

2: How can I trigger something, when your units stand in an area, they all get healed on the same time? Because what I have now, they get healed one by one, but the area needs to work like a hospital.

Increase the amount of objects and the size of the area.

~ B.Lizard
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

B.Lizard
Forum Noob

Post by B.Lizard »

lightnessking wrote:Hey, I'm making a whole new scenario, but I have some questions.

Give all chinese infantery 1 stone (effect, add 1 stone to object (infantery)
if chinese infantery dies, add 1 stone to player.
Not sure if this is possible, i'll have to try.
This doesn't work, because if you give a unit some resources, you can mine on them if they die, but you can't choose the effect: if chinese infantery dies, add 1 stone to player.
Mining the units isn't an option either, because then you would be able to mine your own units and then you can just go and do that.

This also doesn't work... And even if it would work, I'd had to make a whole new object, effect and trigger for every chinese you can make.

Increase the amount of objects and the size of the area.

~ B.Lizard
Would you know any other solutions for my problem? I really hope someone does, because it's really necessary for my scen..

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

2nd options certainly works. I've done it many times.
I'll try make the triggers for you in a dummy scen, and send you the file so you can see how it's made and implement it in your own scenario.

B.Lizard
Forum Noob

Post by B.Lizard »

lightnessking wrote:2nd options certainly works. I've done it many times.
I'll try make the triggers for you in a dummy scen, and send you the file so you can see how it's made and implement it in your own scenario.
Alright, thanks. I'm looking forward to your mail, i believe you already got my email adress

Destiny
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Vintar

Post by Destiny »

B.Lizard wrote:Hey, I'm making a whole new scenario, but I have some questions.

~ B.Lizard
It's been a while, but I'll try my best.

1. You can give all the units 1 food so that they don't disappear so quickly upon death. Then, you can make a trigger so that whenever your unit(s) are near a dead chinese infantry unit, it removes the dead chinese infantry unit (or removes its food, letting it decay) and gives you +1 stone.

Alternative: You can have the chinese infantry spawn a certain object, like a flag, upon death. Then, you can make a trigger so that whenever your unit(s) are near a flag, it removes the flag and gives you +1 stone.

Both of the above methods can be duplicated and tweaked to make the persian immortials worth more stone.

2. I don't think I ever came up with a true solution for this one. When I first played Mr Peeper's Living Hell, he used actual hospitals, which made healing our units painfully slow. In my Eternal Darkness 2 and 3 scenarios, I used an idle check to heal (if the unit is idle and not max HP, heal for X amount).

If your units will ideally be healing while idle, you could add a hospital (or something to mark that the location heals your units) and then make a condition check such that:

IF unit is close to the hospital/marker AND unit is idle AND unit has less than max HP, THEN heal unit for X amount per second.

If you're dealing with lots of units, you can forgo the hospital/marker and turn:

IF unit is close to hospital/marker ---- turn this into ------> IF unit is in specified area

If your units aren't going to be idle while healing, the best solution I can think of is to duplicate the healing trigger so that it's more likely for a unit to be receiving healing.

Hope I helped you in some shape or form.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Destiny wrote:
B.Lizard wrote:Hey, I'm making a whole new scenario, but I have some questions.

~ B.Lizard
It's been a while, but I'll try my best.

1. You can give all the units 1 food so that they don't disappear so quickly upon death. Then, you can make a trigger so that whenever your unit(s) are near a dead chinese infantry unit, it removes the dead chinese infantry unit (or removes its food, letting it decay) and gives you +1 stone.

Alternative: You can have the chinese infantry spawn a certain object, like a flag, upon death. Then, you can make a trigger so that whenever your unit(s) are near a flag, it removes the flag and gives you +1 stone.

Both of the above methods can be duplicated and tweaked to make the persian immortials worth more stone.

2. I don't think I ever came up with a true solution for this one. When I first played Mr Peeper's Living Hell, he used actual hospitals, which made healing our units painfully slow. In my Eternal Darkness 2 and 3 scenarios, I used an idle check to heal (if the unit is idle and not max HP, heal for X amount).

If your units will ideally be healing while idle, you could add a hospital (or something to mark that the location heals your units) and then make a condition check such that:

IF unit is close to the hospital/marker AND unit is idle AND unit has less than max HP, THEN heal unit for X amount per second.

If you're dealing with lots of units, you can forgo the hospital/marker and turn:

IF unit is close to hospital/marker ---- turn this into ------> IF unit is in specified area

If your units aren't going to be idle while healing, the best solution I can think of is to duplicate the healing trigger so that it's more likely for a unit to be receiving healing.

Hope I helped you in some shape or form.

If object is idle && in area (heal zone) && less than 100% hitpoints.
Do: Increase (object in area (healzone) hitpoints with (insert wanted amount here.) every (seconds here).

Return to “Scenario Discussion”