attack specific area?

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
CAV_range
Basic Member

attack specific area?

Post by CAV_range »

how can i make a bunch of units ( 1 object ) move and attack a specific area in the map ( 1 area )?
i have tried using "Task-Area" + "Attack-Move" from effects and it works if the object is specificed by "Select on Map" but it would not work if i use "Object specification". any help?

and how i can increment the level of units? for example i want to increment the level of 1 object at f11 5.

as last, how can i set the game speed to "very fast", every time i start a scenario its very slow.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: attack specific area?

Post by Arntzen »

I don't remember specifically anymore. I recommend reading President Obama's guides and load some of the scenarioes that has triggers you are interested in and see for yourself how those triggers are made.
I have units that spawn and attack-move in korean gren defence so you could start there for example.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Does the object you are targeting actually contains the unit/building/area you want to target?

Not sure if you can upgrade unit level, but you can manually update stats with effects and perhaps show the units level by incrementing a resource on said unit (you can give them an iron trait or stone etc.)

Speed of scenario's cannot be altered, I suggest you use a multiplayer savegame with the proper settings as a template.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Arntzen wrote:I don't remember specifically anymore. I recommend reading President Obama's guides and load some of the scenarioes that has triggers you are interested in and see for yourself how those triggers are made.
I have units that spawn and attack-move in korean gren defence so you could start there for example.
thank you, ye, your scenario was useful for understanding how these stuff work.
lightnessking. wrote:Does the object you are targeting actually contains the unit/building/area you want to target?
yes
lightnessking. wrote: Not sure if you can upgrade unit level, but you can manually update stats with effects and perhaps show the units level by incrementing a resource on said unit (you can give them an iron trait or stone etc.)
Speed of scenario's cannot be altered, I suggest you use a multiplayer savegame with the proper settings as a template.
OMG

Thanøs
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Thanøs

Post by Thanøs »

about the attacking a specific area trigger i would suggest something like this:

create the area you want the enemy unit to attack, let's call it "target area", make some buildings you own (for ex. some barracks). Then go to object section, make an object, chose "specific object", in my example set player 2 (enemy AI) and class: longswordmen min: 1 max: 1. Then create another specific object called "my units": chose human owner, then let like it is "all classes" and set in "area" the "target area". min: 1 max: 1.

Then switch to effects. Create following: effect type "objekt" -> task area -> object "longsword" to area "target area" action "attack move".

Switch to effect section: if "my units" (works with if "even" also) exists then -> "task area longsword effect". [no loop]

If this somehow is bugged and does not works you can set AI variables too (set this ai triggers always before the execution triggers, you can change order up and down:
create effect "AI" modificate AI military target: chose player 2, add area "target area" and set attack. 2nd trigger is: create military AI group -> player 2 -> set "attack" chose area "target area" and add the attacking unit "longsword".

then create trigger: if even then -> ai effect military target and ai effect military group and set [loop].

Return to “Scenario Discussion”