Empire Glory Projekt

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Remmu
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Remmu

Empire Glory Projekt

Post by Remmu »

Greetings ya'll! I've been away from scenario creation for years but I had an idea and would like to know if it's possible. It will be a 1-5 player online map. But first I would like to know if my idea is even makable.

1. Can I make units/buildings cost resources they usually don't? Like for example Iron for Citizens? And can I remove a resource, like Food from a Citizen.

2. Can I put transportation abilities, or armour to a ship that usually doesn't have them?

3. Can I make a unit or building invulnerable?

4. Is it possible, that for each unit on the battlefield I would lose Food after specific periods of time, for example 5 Food for every five minutes a Citizen is on the field, and 10 Food for 2 Citizens.

5. Is it possible to rename a Resource? And is it possible to rename Population?

6. Is it possible for a units name to change with the change of an Epoch?

7. Will people who play my custom scenarios also need my custom civilization files? Even though the civilizations are already set when the server starts.

8. Does it matter which version of EE I use to make this scenario? For example if I make it using 1.0 or 1.04, can I play it on 2.0 and vice versa?

9. Is it possible to make a trigger where if one player completes a trigger, then the others can't anymore? For example if Player A delivers goods to a neutral NPCs dock and get's resources for it, then Players B and C can't anymore.

10. Is it possible to trigger a person choosing a civilization. For example if Player A chooses Great Britain then trigger that he cannot trigger triggers 12 and 15 anymore, or if a Player chooses Prussia, then trigger that he cannot trigger triggers 21 and 34.

These are all for now. These don't have to be limited to scenario editing, if some of the points are possible by editing an EE file somewhere, then that would be ok too.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Empire Glory Projekt

Post by lightnessking. »

Remmu wrote:Greetings ya'll! I've been away from scenario creation for years but I had an idea and would like to know if it's possible. It will be a 1-5 player online map. But first I would like to know if my idea is even makable.

1. Can I make units/buildings cost resources they usually don't? Like for example Iron for Citizens? And can I remove a resource, like Food from a Citizen.

2. Can I put transportation abilities, or armour to a ship that usually doesn't have them?

3. Can I make a unit or building invulnerable?

4. Is it possible, that for each unit on the battlefield I would lose Food after specific periods of time, for example 5 Food for every five minutes a Citizen is on the field, and 10 Food for 2 Citizens.

5. Is it possible to rename a Resource? And is it possible to rename Population?

6. Is it possible for a units name to change with the change of an Epoch?

7. Will people who play my custom scenarios also need my custom civilization files? Even though the civilizations are already set when the server starts.

8. Does it matter which version of EE I use to make this scenario? For example if I make it using 1.0 or 1.04, can I play it on 2.0 and vice versa?

9. Is it possible to make a trigger where if one player completes a trigger, then the others can't anymore? For example if Player A delivers goods to a neutral NPCs dock and get's resources for it, then Players B and C can't anymore.

10. Is it possible to trigger a person choosing a civilization. For example if Player A chooses Great Britain then trigger that he cannot trigger triggers 12 and 15 anymore, or if a Player chooses Prussia, then trigger that he cannot trigger triggers 21 and 34.

These are all for now. These don't have to be limited to scenario editing, if some of the points are possible by editing an EE file somewhere, then that would be ok too.
1) Yes, on a very, very, very special way which requires much effort which is also very buggy and can be abused. (abusive in example: it allows you to glitch resources.)

2) Not sure about the transport ability, but yes you can add armor.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) Haven't tried this yet.

6) Yes.

7) Only if you add sound effects.

8) You can play it but it might be bugged, think about the unit cost changes in previous patches. If your triggers are created for let's say a rockthrower who cost 30 wood and 30 gold, which is (not sure) 10 food 20 wood and 30 gold now, than it will be bugged.

9) Yes.

10) Not sure, please send a reminder (message or lobby whisper.) so I can check it up this evening.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Remmu
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Remmu

Post by Remmu »

lightnessking wrote:
Remmu wrote:1. Can I make units/buildings cost resources they usually don't? Like for example Iron for Citizens? And can I remove a resource, like Food from a Citizen.

1) Yes, on a very, very, very special way which requires much effort which is also very buggy and can be abused. (abusive in example: it allows you to glitch resources.)

2) Not sure about the transport ability, but yes you can add armor.

5) Haven't tried this yet.

8) You can play it but it might be bugged, think about the unit cost changes in previous patches. If your triggers are created for let's say a rockthrower who cost 30 wood and 30 gold, which is (not sure) 10 food 20 wood and 30 gold now, than it will be bugged.

10) Not sure, please send a reminder (message or lobby whisper.) so I can check it up this evening.
1. You probably mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q26O1HgwKbc If I understood correctly then this should be fixed in the newest omega patch which turns tributing off? This is bad, since I definitely need both, tributes and unit cost changes.

2. Transportation is the main part I need.

5. Maybe you could check this out in the evening too?

8. Is there a list of all the unit cost changes?

10. Will do.

Thanks again.

Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

to manni about:

All ressource mines can be given another name: change class name of object; object: unit class ironmine, player: nature
You can change the names of units: change class name of object to Elfs; object: unit class longbows, player 1 [you need an object for each player]

No manni, you can change the name of the object, but you can't change the name of the resource. If you name an iron mine to Goats, your grenadier wont cost 40 Goats & 40 food....

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

And, about the resource glitching on your way, is not really the way i've meant. It's in the scenario itself and has nothing to do with the tribute screen.

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Post by President Obama »

You can create a tribute "area" where players can select flags of other players and type tribute X amount of X resource. I've done that in quite a few scenes, including world maps. I think they would be in the download section here if not, they are probably really hard to get then.

Lightness is right, changing the resources spent on units is just a bad idea. Your better off having a separate area for buying units and then have them spawn in map at a barracks or something. You could slice the map in half, paint one side black and just have that as a buying area.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Hitman glitching was the worse! hated the noobs for glitching

trex2strike
Lurker
Lobby Username: Romanus

Post by trex2strike »

How can I make computer players(AI) to send tributes to me.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Is this played in a random map or a scenario?

Return to “Scenario Discussion”