Battle of Waterloo Multiplayer Map: Anyone?

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Battle of Waterloo Multiplayer Map: Anyone?

Post by shieldwolf23 »

HI Guys! I'm quite new here. And I have no experience whatsoever with playing multiplayer. Still, after having finished the 4 part series about the life of Napoleon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napol%C3%A9on_(miniseries)

I had a quick thought (and before I forget about it), and maybe ultimately, a futile one: who wants a multiplayer scenario about the Battle of Waterloo? An allied battle, that is. I have not made a multiplayer map, and I don't know if this is even possible. All I have is the knowledge of triggers, and well, a track record in single player campaigns and scenarios in EEH. Just want to see your thoughts on this:

The map would be a 9 to 12 player map. The players each choose which team to join: either the British, French or the Prussians.

A team should have at least 3 players - each one to command the right, center and left "parts" of his army. One option could also have teams making up of 4 players, the additional one being the overall general of the whole army.

The game would be scaled (ex: 1 EE unit for every battalion, or 1 EE unit for every 400 men), each unit represented.

Only the overall general has his mini-map shown, the rest of the generals has fog of war in theirs. The overall general has limited troops to command, but he is the only one who can distribute "reinforcement points" to his team mates (using tributes).

The commander then uses these reinforcement points to defend his position, and if necessary, attack the enemy's. The farm houses would give defense bonuses, and wise use of terrain and timing would be essential. Obviously, this will be a team game. Coordination is the key to win this battle.

So, any thoughts?

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: Battle of Waterloo Multiplayer Map: Anyone?

Post by P-51 »

I would definitely be interested in playing like this. I'm unable to assist in its creation though because I have too many other projects at the moment. But since EE can't use more then 8 players you'll probably have to adjust the scales a bit. That is unfortunate though because the left/center/right thing would work very well in the game. Maybe eliminate the Prussians and make it a 3v3?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

its possible to make a multiplayer map, ill post a guide link here tomorrow or someone else has to do it faster.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Post by shieldwolf23 »

i appreciate the positive reply p51, likenessking! :D i'd be waiting on the guide too, and from there, will post updates the moment i start making it. :thumbsupr:

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

A post made by Obama:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=2313

Maybe you've already seen it and/or read it.
If you download the lobby you can contact me and I'll help you, or send a private message on the forum.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Post by shieldwolf23 »

thanks. i have a problem though. i can't seem to connect to the lobby. i'll try to see what's wrong, but it may take some time. anyone willing to create a template for me?

If someone's up to it, that would be 8 players with 4 variations of the color red (for the brits) and 4 variations for the color blue (for the french).

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Post by President Obama »

Not to be ass which its going to sound like anyway, but in a realistic sense, getting 8 people to make a template is extremely difficult, probably close to impossible. There might be a 8 player template or scen in the downloads section you can use, but it will either by colours or players.

Second problem is getting 8 people to play a scen. Very difficult.

Third problem 8 people, 8x the work.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying you might want to somehow scale it down a lot. The only scen I ever see being played these days are ttp usually the 3, 4 or 2 player versions.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Post by shieldwolf23 »

a, thanks for the advise, prez! i was fiddling with the templates in EEH, and yes, i think that's the only thing i could do to have the map. workload won't be a problem, im pretty much used to EE's scen engine, but yes, to do an 8 player scen while in reality would be played by 4 people - so it's better to have a 4 player scen then.

question though: is it possible to have a human slot filled up by AI, in case there's no one around to play that side?

EDIT:

That was ignorant of me.. It's not possible, so I think 4x4 would do.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”