[Tutorial] How to make a 6p Saved game into a 2 player one.

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

[Tutorial] How to make a 6p Saved game into a 2 player one.

Post by lightnessking. »

Hello since every once in a while people ask me how to play saved games with less people, I will explain how to turn a 6 player saved game into a 2 player saved game.

1) Locate the gamefolder on your drive. By default: C:/Sierra/Empire Earth/

2) Open the folder named Data.

3) Open the folder named Saved Games. (Assuming you have a saved game.)

4) Example: Your saved game is named Save.ees
Cut the file and paste it at C:/Sierra/Empire Earth/Data/Scenarios

5) Change the extension into .scn (Save.ees -> Save.scn)
Extension not showing? Press start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> Display. Uncheck "Hide known extensions".

6) Open the game Empire Earth and go the Editor -> Scenario Editor.

7) Load the scenario.

8 ) Open the trigger interface.

9) 5 buttons will appear. Trigger - Condition - Effect - Object - Area.
Click on effect and press new.

10) The effect will be like this:
(On the right) Type of Effect -> Player
(Below) Defeat - Player*number*

To create a 2 player saved game out of a 6 player one, you will need to defeat 4 players.

Let's assume I want to defeat player 3,4,5 and 6.

11) After making the desired amounce of effects click on the button trigger.

12) Press new and set condition as always true. The effects line will be:
Defeat player 3 -> Defeat player 4 -> Defeat player 5 -> Defeat player 6.

13) Make sure looping = off and test the scenario.

14) Right after you start the game try to hit F4 (Quicksave) as soon as possible and that will be your 2 player version of the saved game.

15) Now go C:/Sierra/Empire Earth/Data/Saved Games and change the latest quicksave into the name you wish to use.

After following the 15 short steps you'll be able to play the saved game with 2 players.

IMPORTANT Do not defeat ALL players in the same team as that might cause the other team becoming victorious and the game will end after 1 second.

Hopefully this will solve some questions about playing scenario's and saved games with less people then required.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Re: [Tutorial] How to make a 6p Saved game into a 2 player o

Post by President Obama »

On some scens, when you do this it disable a heap of 1 time fire triggers, because it fires them then you save, so then when you go to play again some things wont work. The one thing I can remember is graphic scales of units. To fix this you just simply need to open the 2 player save and go through and turn the triggers back on, I think theres a tick box called Trigger is On or something, I've long forgotten, but don't do it for all as some are meant to be off at the start. Just look at the names are guess. If it looks like its meant to be on, it probably is.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

Hyzoran
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: «•SU™•»«•}{yzoran•»

Post by Hyzoran »

Whats the point, scens are only played on ee once every other month, its getting seriously bad, scens are dead now, soon the whole ee. 20 percent of players these days join scens just to crash them since they seem to have a massive hatred towards scens, so they have to screw others over, to make it worse.
The mind is the container of all things, once the mind dies, it renders another body.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Hyzoran wrote:Whats the point, scens are only played on ee once every other month, its getting seriously bad, scens are dead now, soon the whole ee. 20 percent of players these days join scens just to crash them since they seem to have a massive hatred towards scens, so they have to screw others over, to make it worse.
Because a few players have asked me how you do it, and instead of doing it for them or explaining it to them every time I made a guide for it.

shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Post by shieldwolf23 »

while you may have a point, hyzoran, i still find the thread useful. like me, i was trying to see how to convert the templates in EEH to a template I can use, and this thread by likenessking helped me, a lot. 8) thanks likenessking. :wink:

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

You would be really gratefull if you could copy my name :P.

shieldwolf23
Novice Member

Post by shieldwolf23 »

err... i'm being a noob, but, what do you mean by "copy" your name? :lol: teach me how, and il do it, pronto. :wink:

Remmu
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Remmu

Post by Remmu »

Hmm, seems very nifty. Let's say I "Defeat" player 3 and 4, can I still add computers later to replace the defeated players?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Remmu wrote:Hmm, seems very nifty. Let's say I "Defeat" player 3 and 4, can I still add computers later to replace the defeated players?
You can add up to I think 16 computers or even more. But since your making it in scenario editor, the computers will act like total noobs and build the very minimum things. You need to tweak that with AI Triggers.

Remmu
Forum Noob

Post by Remmu »

Even on Hard? Ok, I didn't know that. Thank you. It's just I'm currently working on a scenario where there can be 1-5 players, but if one of the players is missing, then I want a computer to take his/her place.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Remmu wrote:Even on Hard? Ok, I didn't know that. Thank you. It's just I'm currently working on a scenario where there can be 1-5 players, but if one of the players is missing, then I want a computer to take his/her place.
That's impossible, if the template contains a player, then the only way to replace him with a computer is by adding a 6th player (a computer.) and defeating the missing player.

If you load the saved game it'll show the defeated player as an observer. The 6th player (computer) will not be visible, but will appear after the game started.

Remmu
Forum Noob

Post by Remmu »

lightnessking wrote:That's impossible, if the template contains a player, then the only way to replace him with a computer is by adding a 6th player (a computer.) and defeating the missing player.

If you load the saved game it'll show the defeated player as an observer. The 6th player (computer) will not be visible, but will appear after the game started.
Ah and again you helped me. But I think you misunderstood me there a bit. I plan on making a 12 player map with 5 human players and 7 computer players. There will be 6 Teams. Player 01 with 2 computers and all the other Players with 1 computer player each, plus an extra neutral computer. That would mean if I want to play on that map alone, then I have to "Defeat" Player 02, 03, 04 and 05, then quick save, then load it again in the editor and add 4 more computers with the names Player 02, 03, 04 and 05. That's exactly 16 players, so it should work that way. Thanks again. I still have a few questions I need answered for my scenario, but I'll make a separate thread, since they're irrelevant to this one.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Yea I'll try to help you if you make a new post =P.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”