Changing unit names in the scenario editor

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
RedTide95
Lurker

Changing unit names in the scenario editor

Post by RedTide95 »

How can i change unit names in the scenario editor? I am working on a single player scenario (my first) and i want to change the 'Marine' to 'Infantry'.

Best Regards From RT

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Changing unit names in the scenario editor

Post by lightnessking. »

Open the trigger box:

1) Add Object

Object specification: Marine (Player 1)

2) Add Effect:

Name: Infantery.

3) Add trigger:

If (condition)
condition can be left by default for this trigger.

Do: Effect

DO NOT LOOP THE TRIGGER (UNCHECK LOOPING)
SET CONDITION AS TRUE BY DEFAULT.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Also just so you know, it is impossible to change the name of a single unit when others of the same type are on the map. To achieve that effect (unit with unique name), you have to set it so that the player is allowed only 1 of a certain unit.

This works good on heroes, special units that can't be trained, or a unit from a future epoch that's not available (or use it on a unit that can be trained but then remove it from the tech tree and don't use triggers to create more than 1).

In your case, I assume that isn't the desired effect so you don't need to worry about it.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Ghost wrote:Also just so you know, it is impossible to change the name of a single unit when others of the same type are on the map. To achieve that effect (unit with unique name), you have to set it so that the player is allowed only 1 of a certain unit.

This works good on heroes, special units that can't be trained, or a unit from a future epoch that's not available (or use it on a unit that can be trained but then remove it from the tech tree and don't use triggers to create more than 1).

In your case, I assume that isn't the desired effect so you don't need to worry about it.

Ignore this because its simply not true :P

If you use a Specific Unit ( at objects, you can either click a object on the map or Specify one in the list, use the one of the list) it's possible to have ALL same units having the same name.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I'll make a printscreen of what I exactly mean tonight, I'm at work now so I can't.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

You miss interpreted what I said. If you have 2, 3, 4 or any number Marines on the map for the same player, it is impossible to change just one of them to a different name. All of their names change.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Ghost wrote:You miss interpreted what I said. If you have 2, 3, 4 or any number Marines on the map for the same player, it is impossible to change just one of them to a different name. All of their names change.
At first I did miss it, but later when I thought about it, it still is not "impossible". : )).

-edit-

The part "it is impossible to change just one of them to a different name" is correct, even tho you can make it look like all marines got different names.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”