Scenario editor WEAK/slow ai's

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Fly-Breaker
Lurker
Lobby Username: fly breaker

Scenario editor WEAK/slow ai's

Post by Fly-Breaker »

Hello guys,

Recently i made a map in fashion like a regular random map game ( i generated by random map seed value generator ),

Gave all the CPU's good amount of resources (50k each), didn't disable anything, made most of them in teams (so they all have enemies),
citizen percentage at 45% (standard)

They definetaly have enough resources to gather around of all sorts, it's just like a regular random map game

Also checked all the boxes that change their behaviour: Active, attack, defends, build/repair, explore, gather, cheat except ignore.

So can anyone explain to me why they behavor so differently? In random map games they're upon you in less than 2 minutes with an army and now ...
They do everything allright, just slower and it takes them SO long to decide to go over & attack someone ...

It takes them 15 minutes to do 1 attack, don't even epoch up, and when they do attack after a few dead units they immediatly full retreat -_-

Can someone help here ?

How do i make them behave JUST like in random map games?

Thanks in advance!

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: Scenario editor WEAK/slow ai's

Post by P-51 »

Bumping because this question is important o_O

Eqqman
Novice Member

Re: Scenario editor WEAK/slow ai's

Post by Eqqman »

Try unchecking the 'defend' box. The AI will split its forces into military groups with a role, if 'defend' is checked, then some of these groups will never be assigned to attack duty. You can also try lowering the Citizen percentage so that the AI can fill up its military groups with attack roles faster. And, you should check the 'ignore' box, this setting means that the AI will not slow down its development to make sure it doesn't get too far ahead of the player (in other words, check the box to make sure that the AI ignores the player's development progress).

I don't think I've run into this problem myself, usually when I make a scenario it's a worry that the player will get hit with a major attack before they are done setting up their economy.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”