Scenario questions

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Scenario questions

Post by Arntzen »

So I'm making a Middle f11 45 No RSB scenario. Map is looking good and all, but when I was testing I realized there is no limit to how many heroes you can buy. So as it stands you can make an army of only heroes of you want. How do I limit the amount of heroes like it is in the normal game?

Also how do you fix a 4vs4 scen so for example 2 of those players now are observers and I can make it into 3v3 without using the obs-trick?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Scenario questions

Post by lightnessking. »

You could disable the ability to produce heroes when player already has one, but I'm 100% sure this could be abused. I'd have to test some things but I don't have EE on my pc anymore lol.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Another option I thought about is: All start with one warrior hero, but cannot buy it the regular way. If that hero gets killed a new hero spawns in your base but he's now weak. Like 775/2775 hit points and then would need to heal. Any idea how this is done?
Edit: Figured out how to spawn a hero at 100% health after hero is dead, but not how to spawn a weak hero.
Edit2: OK figured it out completely :D

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

^^. you could also spawn a full health hero at 0 speed and set his correct speed after a certain time has passed.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Keep in mind though: These heroes are now free for everyone or you have to build some triggers that make players pay for it.

Or have a buy shop that let's you 'buy' a hero upon paying the hero cost.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Got another question:

I'm working on making KGD for 2 or 3 player. Coliseum is a big part of that scen and I want it to work as it does in one player right now. Is there a way to make coliseum effect only the player that has it and not effect anyone else? If they are all on the same team everyone gets the population increase, and if I make them on different teams the people who doesn't have coliseum yet will get less population limit.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

You can modify popcap manually with effects. The condition would be [if colli is in LOS OF player (x)] however this means that there needs to be SOMETHING that has LOS on the colli. Or you could work with [if colli is in AREA (x)] -> modify pop cap of all players.

If you add other triggers with conditions such as if player 1 & 2 are teamed and player 1 or player 2 has a colli then increase popcap of player 1 and 2, and decrease it for player 3 and 4. (just an example)

The easiest way imo is to have a certain area that the colli must be build in and use with AREA conditions.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

In addition:

If you have 3 players with let's say 100 popcap and if player 1 builds the colli and the result is 120-80-80 (can't remember how the colli exactly works anymore) the effect triggers would be to add 20 pop cap to player 2 & 3, and leave player 1 as it is. However if another player builds the colli then it would be way different again. Keep all these things in mind and cover all possibilities because it will most likely introduce abusable bugs in your next version.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Maybe it'll be easier to just use Library of Alexandria then. Take away the ability to make Coliseum, and make the library work as if it's a coliseum.

Also Jamaladin's gren defence has 3 statues. If you hover over them with the mouse it says "click for easy" or "click for medium" However he did not actually name the statues anything with class-name. Since they are all the same statue and would then get the same name, any idea how it's done? I looked over this triggers and found nothing:S

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

from what i remember is that you have to put a space or slash infront of it, and it'll appear as a name on top of the statue.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”