Testing my own Scenario

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
B1tchFight
Novice Member
Lobby Username: B1tchFight

Testing my own Scenario

Post by B1tchFight »

I know EE-AoC is quite old right now but I still love it. About 5-7 year back I had a few 2 and 4 player scenarios. Most if not all are gone due to reinstall, format, Drive changes and so on. A few weeks ago I had the idea to play EE again because I was talking about it with a friend. So I rebuild one of my most favorite scenarios.

It is a 1 v 1 middle age on a kinda small map. A short description about it:

Both players have a equal base and automatic unit spawns. Longsword, Pikeman, Longbows, Crossbows, Cataphracts, Knights and Vikings. The pop Limit is kinda fair with 180 for each. Making kills will give you gold. Gold is used to buy siege weapons. Losing a unit will give you iron and this is used to buy special units.
This means if you are a good player and able to defeat your enemy in the field you get lots of gold and you can buy siege weapons. BUT the enemy will receive lots of iron due to it. Means he can catch up with special units. For example: Arquebuse, Samurai, Medic, Cuirassier, Achill, William, Phrophet. You can also inc. your pop limit with iron and upgrade your walls with iron. If you lose lots of troops you can upgrade your walls. Capturing and holding 1 2 or 3 specific points on the map will grant you access to a over time gold income.
Siege weapons are kinda expansive but they are way stronger but also slower than usual to make it a little bit more realistic. ^^ The goal is to destroy the enemies main building.

Is anyone interested?

Since this forum is mostly inactive you can msg. me any time from now. I will always be up for a match. Even a normal MP game. No matter if it's now or in 10 years ^^

Steam: licinius89
TS: Address: 178.33.77.80:1280 PW: 123 Just leave a msg. for me there ;)

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Re: Testing my own Scenario

Post by drex888 »

Hi,

Good news for you and for everyone interested in scenario. I'm working on a empire earth patch that allows hosting and playing Multiplayer Scenario directly on NeoEE Server with real logins, without leaving NeoEE nor providing IP Address, it also allows close unsed slots, this is useful to play 3v3 or 4v4 when only 2 or 3 players are available.
The patch works only on Empire Earth Classic at the moment, its still in beta, but I tested it on NeoEE, with real players, it works great!
Let me know if you want we make a test with your scenario, and that way we test your scenario and my patch at the same time :D

Testing Multiplayer Scenario on NeoEE >>
https://youtu.be/TEPjCHfgcf0?t=926

drex
Last edited by drex888 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

Cool thing it's fun
Looking forward to the patch 8)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I hope you used a template lol.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Question about the mechanic of your scenario though. You're saying 'if you lose a unit, you will receive iron'. But is this iron given upon enemy killing your units, or can people shift-delete their whole army and receive iron without giving gold to the enemy.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

B1tchFight
Novice Member
Lobby Username: B1tchFight

Post by B1tchFight »

lightnessking. wrote:Question about the mechanic of your scenario though. You're saying 'if you lose a unit, you will receive iron'. But is this iron given upon enemy killing your units, or can people shift-delete their whole army and receive iron without giving gold to the enemy.
You can't get stuff by killing your own units ;-) This is not my first RTS and not the first map and not the first editor I am using.

I bet there are some trigger optimizations but so far the scenario is doing what I want. I just need to balance some units. ^^

Return to “Scenario Discussion”