Power check in Scenarios doesn't work

If you think there's an error or glitch that may have been overlooked, please tell us. The more details you can provide, the better (instructions to reproduce the problem work best).
Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Power check in Scenarios doesn't work

Post by Udolf »

Hello guys,

as I told you I'm working on a new AI for Empire Earth. Therefore I need to check the power of priests and prophets in the game.
Unfortunately the power check doesn't work. The power variable of a priest, prophet or hero always stays zero, even though the prophet/priest/hero has more power than zero.
This is a bug obviously because the power check works in EE:AoC

If you know any way to fix this bug, a way around or if you can help me fixing it myself, please tell me. Jodocus, maybe you have an idea?
This bug is really frustrating...

I attached a Scenario Editor file for Empire Earth, to show you the bug. Just look at the Trigger, there is only one, and start the Scenario. You will understand the problem then I hope.
Attachments
PowerOfProphetIsZero.scn
(59.71 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Power check in Scenarios doesn't work

Post by Arntzen »

Not everything in the scenario editor works as it should. I had a problem with the cargo-limit. (Even though it was made options to change the limit, these didn't work).
Not sure if anyone is able to fix these problems.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Hello Arntzen.

thanks for your answer. Yes, many things don't work how they should. However I was always able to find a way around so far, but at this point I don't know what to do anymore.
I hope Jodocus knows help. I never edited the code of a game, I don't know how to decompile it, to make it editable, but maybe this could help here? Any help is appreciated. As I said, I don't know how to edit the code unfortunately.

However as I spent so much time with the Scenario Editor, I almost know all of its possibilities now. If you still have a problem Arntzen, you can tell me and maybe I already know a solution.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

If you can find a way to make a single transport boat carry 40 units, would be amazing.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Arntzen:
I thought that was an interesting task, so I tried it about an hour. Unfortunately I wasn't successful.
This is a bug, that the transportation maximum can't be changed. It's even a bug inside EE:AoC.
Sorry, I tried all possibilities that I know, even cheat engine, but I wasn't successful and now I'm running out of ideas.

By the way, is it the same for you, that it is not possible to play Scenarios from EE:AoC in EE?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

AoC scens (scens made on AOC) are never playable in EEC. It's the same for everyone.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I'll test both things out when I get home.

Could you exactly describe what your goal is to achieve with the power? (Such as spawn a unit when power is 50, etcetera.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thank you lightnessking.
The power check is essential for the control of priests and prophets.

I want priests and prophets to go back to the capitol when they have less than 50 power points, and to advance towards the enemy base when they have 50 or more power points.
Furthermore, I can't make prophets cast a calamity if I don't know whether they have enough power points for it. I also can't command priests to convey a special enemy unit if they don't have at least 50 power points, which I don't know because the power check doesn't work unfortunately.

When will you come home?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

totaly forgot about this because i didnt have a lot of spare time the past days. I'll come back later for this lol sorry.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

If you find a solution, pls let me know. If you don't find a solution, pls also let me know. Thanks.

Kesa
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Maya

Post by Kesa »

Hi Udolf,
I'm just trying to help, is this what you want to achieve? Power check seems good in my scenario editor.
Attachments
PowerOfProphetIsZero(edit).scn
(69.01 KiB) Downloaded 476 times

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

This seems to be an AOC scenario file. The power check works in AOC, but not in EEC.

Return to “Report Bugs”