check out my website

Because I'm sick of moving topics GD topics to the Basement where they originally belonged and then people bitching about their topic being there.
Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: check out my website

Post by Ghost »

The only thing that really stood out was using buttons at the top of the columns for sorting on that page you linked to. Perhaps use a more standard link with an appropriate style for the text, and throw in a little up and down arrow to designate ascending, descending sorting.

Other than that, there's nothing I can be critical of since it would just be personal preference. I.E. I personally don't like the font choice for titles/bold text and for the top nav buttons. The letters look a little bunched together, like there's not enough horizontal letter spacing.

Also the logo looked like a big sperm, I thought that was funny, although that's just my mind being in the gutter. Your HTML is fairly clean, but I prefer using XHTML strict rather than the transitional. You've got some errors when I hit the W3C checker button in the footer ;) .

The favicon is a little hard to see and tell what it is, but that's really not all that important. Use either transparent background with dark icon or dark background and light icon (usually lettering or distinctive shape if you use the dark BG).

For the list of hosts, maybe add a column to show what type of ads they place on your pages. I know back when I looked for free hosting I always wanted to know that. Then at the bottom of that there's some off-center text that just says "Free web hosting services." Just wondering the exact purpose of it.

In your footer, there's the "Unmetered reseller" link... perhaps add a style to it rather than using the standard unvisited/visited link colors if you're able to.

I'll have to admit the design is pretty slick. Very simple and suited for the amount of material on the website.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

thor
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by thor »

what site did you critique ghost? Missing a link/post
pM_Thor

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

don't worry about it.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

thor
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by thor »

wasnt worrying just seems like a pretty in depth critique. was curious of the work
pM_Thor

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

it was a site of someone who got banned for posting cheating links in the lobby

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

He was banned from the forum and all posts got deleted. Original link was http://www.webhost-choice.com/freewebhosts/
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “Graphic Design”