Suggesting to get rid of Camo

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
miketwenty1
Novice Member
Lobby Username: miketwenty1

Suggesting to get rid of Camo

Post by miketwenty1 »

I have been playing ee since the it has came out. I believe that is was not the sole purpose of the designers to camouflage a unit indefinitely. If you have a unit on scout/ or the mode were they do not attack. They will be camouflaged even when a unit is right next to it. When playing mid a player that is good and has a good plot of land he/she can build xbows and harass you if your going swords. you build ballis to do the "attack ground" he can build trebs...which are also camo'd .(which doesnt make sense honestly) to kill your ballis.. Now I know you can make arguments to say "Ya but this strategy only works against noobs" or "if you have a good pocket you wont havt to worry. " But the fact of the matter is you can hide a unit indefinitely and the player will not be deafeated. 10 xbows can kill 60 swords with this strategy. I did not even know how affective it was till I just played someone who used it pretty well.. I thought when xbows attack you could have time to strike back with swords.. but they go camo'd right after they shoot. Please take this suggestion with seriousness. I know not many people know me but the old players of AOC should.

Thanks, mike

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Suggesting to get rid of Camo

Post by Omega »

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, in version 1.1 of the patch (the very first version), I removed several of the civilization powers (for various reasons), including Camo. The 1.1 version of the patch had a very low adoption rate. The users with the lowest adoption rate would definitely be the older AoC players.

Based on user feedback, the 1.1a patch version was created. The only changes were re-adding all the removed civilization powers and a few other changes that didn't matter much at all. The 1.1a patch had a very high adoption rate.

Due to this, there's really no chance that a future patch will ever remove camo, or any other civ powers, unless there's tremendous agreement that the change needs to happen among players.

carlos3.5
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: none

Post by carlos3.5 »

I agree with mike

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

lol sorry for my camo xbows mike xD
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I also played some games against a guy with camo+fire bow, thats even worse. But a suggestion wud be to not allow such strategies in your games. Camo and/or fire bow is perfectly fine, but the scout-glitch is the problem. "Mid Sh no scout-glitch" and problem solved! :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Kazter wrote:I also played some games against a guy with camo+fire bow, thats even worse. But a suggestion wud be to not allow such strategies in your games. Camo and/or fire bow is perfectly fine, but the scout-glitch is the problem. "Mid Sh no scout-glitch" and problem solved! :)
coughomega?coughx2??
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

miketwenty1 wrote:I have been playing ee since the it has came out.
Irrelevant information is irrelevant.
miketwenty1 wrote: I believe that is was not the sole purpose of the designers to camouflage a unit indefinitely.
You're talking about idle units right? If so this is exactly what was intended.

miketwenty1 wrote: If you have a unit on scout/ or the mode were they do not attack. They will be camouflaged even when a unit is right next to it.
That is the idea of camouflage, whether you like it or not doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.
miketwenty1 wrote: When playing mid a player that is good and has a good plot of land he/she can build xbows and harass you if your going swords.
lawls @ "he/she"

miketwenty1 wrote: you build ballis to do the "attack ground" he can build trebs...which are also camo'd .(which doesnt make sense honestly) to kill your ballis..
Empire Earth wasn't made to be historically accurate.
miketwenty1 wrote: Now I know you can make arguments to say "Ya but this strategy only works against noobs" or "if you have a good pocket you wont havt to worry. " But the fact of the matter is you can hide a unit indefinitely and the player will not be deafeated. 10 xbows can kill 60 swords with this strategy. I did not even know how affective it was till I just played someone who used it pretty well.. I thought when xbows attack you could have time to strike back with swords.. but they go camo'd right after they shoot. Please take this suggestion with seriousness.
Sorry mang but it just sounds like a personal dislike rather then a problem with the game. There shouldn't be any modifications like this unless it is something that majorly screws up gameplay.

miketwenty1 wrote: I know not many people know me but the old players of AOC should.

Thanks, mike
Hi Mike! We got to play more mid dm mang.

Return to “Patches”