1.1e

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Wardog

Re: 1.1e

Post by Wardog »

Elite wrote:The reason I try to jump to bombers so hard in pre-space is because ground warfare in standard variant with ~20-30 pop is not fun. Crippling the enemy via destruction of wonders and mines from the air can be accomplished far more efficiently and with less pop than trying to slog through mass amounts of towers and walls. If you allow the enemy to get far enough ahead that they're able to cripple you with bombers before you are able to take the appropriate countermeasures, then you deserve what you got. I absolutely despise late-game combat in pre-space when everyone is digi+ because it inevitably becomes a clusterfuck of tempests, siege, and 100% accurate towers. I know in my own case most of the games I win with bombers I'm usually 2-3 ages ahead of the most advanced opponent with fully upgraded bombers + bomber speed in civ. If you allow someone to get that far ahead, you deserve whats coming. I have seen teams win games because they sit and ishtar turtle while the other side tries to slow-push with artillery and expansions and the defensive side is eventually able to close the age gap. Bombers are the most effective counter to this strategy.
players like arse and dj seem to find it much more efficent to drive an armada of artillery, tanks, towers, hospitals, prophets, zeus, etc into the heart of peoples bases...
Ghost wrote:Pre isn't my main sett because I don't have a main sett anymore. I've played Pre, or any sett, enough to give a noteworthy opinion on it. So, I DO understand, and if you don't like that then (to put it bluntly) you can fuck off.

If it meant winning the game, then sure I would leave my team hanging a little so I could bomb the shit out of the enemy. Last time I checked, it's a strategy. If you don't like it, or you don't play like it, it doesn't mean the game should be changed to accommodate you. I know of FAR more lame and/or overpowered strategies than massing bombers, but I don't ask for the next patch to nerf them or to add better ways to counter them.

BTW, for 4v4s, once you epoch to WW2 and research the pop cap upgrade at the hospital, your pop cap becomes 189 if you have the 15% pop cap bonus in your civ (165 w/o). Pretty close to 190 if you ask me.
Your opinion is noteworthy but who the fuck is saying rocket men will completely nerf bombers are you fucking retarded?

They would be an upgrade from the retarded 10 hp stinger vagina soilders that don't do shit so calm the fuck down thats all I'm asking for an upgraded version of a unit no one uses which has happened many times before.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure everyone will agree that the balance of 2 stinger soilders is NOT = 1 mobile AA and it doesn't have to be, all I'm saying is they should at least be in the same relative area so take your bruised ego and calm down it was a suggestion then followed by a fairly true statement because honestly in all my years of p2s i've never seen you in a p2s game and neither has dj so you honestly ask yourself in an unbiased way would you believe someone else that you or their brother (who put a lot of time into ee lol) has never seen in a game, just because you are a talented player and programmer doesn't necessarily mean you know about bomber whores in p2s (also you make a big deal out of the civ points used in bomber upgrades they are 2 points for speed last time i checked which is the most important one)

I'm not saying they are unbeatable i know that because i recall many games with giant b-52 bombers with the name apk or cybers hovering over them and then crashing to their doom. I'm just saying I want a stronger fucking version of AA infantry because HONESTLY DOES ANYONE USE THEM?
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

LOL! u are batshit crazy

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

wardog, hes only realy played aoc since the lobby shut down hes mainly played eec so P2N would be what he played lol

Wardog

Post by Wardog »

well sexanoobener while you are here enlighten us all on how often our AA infantry are used

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

just reading but wouldnt stingers become pointless as they are only used as a means of not having enough resources for the better AA units such as halflake trucks etc. by the time u reach WW1 u dont have the pop to waste of stingers

ben55

Post by ben55 »

infantry aa aren't intended to be counters or hard counters for planes, they are like oh shit last resort things. they were never ment to be as good as AA or halftracks even. if you don't understand why i suggest you don't post in this topic anymore you are borderline bonescorpion stupid.

ghost has played less pre than you probably, but he is much better than you at it, and i would bet on it more knowledgeable than you too since you can't figure out how to get 190 pop in ww2 epoch. your opinion on things isn't worth half of what you think it is.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Wardog

Post by Wardog »

well i feel silly now this whole thing is pointless i didn't know missile troopers were already added so yeah sorry lol :mrgreen: .
All I was saying was they needed to be added and they are Idk if you thought I was saying they needed to be stronger, well i wasn't they are fine I just didn't think stingers were suitable for fighting B 52's or even worth their cost.

But what do the hover tanks do they cost the same as glad tanks except have less hp attack and armour.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

well they are good for people who dont use tanks much so they dont waste time upgrading their tanks such as me lol

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Wardog wrote:well i feel silly now this whole thing is pointless i didn't know missile troopers were already added so yeah sorry lol :mrgreen: .
All I was saying was they needed to be added and they are Idk if you thought I was saying they needed to be stronger, well i wasn't they are fine I just didn't think stingers were suitable for fighting B 52's or even worth their cost.

But what do the hover tanks do they cost the same as glad tanks except have less hp attack and armour.
Reading update notes = win
Update Notes wrote:For patch version 1.1, the following have been changed from version 1.0.
-Missile Troopers added to space age. Given 75 attack. (They are Infantry - Ranged)
Update Notes wrote:For patch version 1.1c, the following changes have taken place after version 1.1b:
-Hover tanks added to nano and space ages, they are the same as epoch 13 tanks except they do not count for Tanks in civilization, and can move through hills/cliffs.
Hover tanks are useless intentionally, as they were added only because a lot of citybuilder players requested them. They got what they wanted, which was a cool tank that hovers, and everyone else got a unit that's even more useless than the least useful unit they can think of.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Hovertanks can also move underwater as well.

Return to “Patches”