List of Propositions for coming Patches, ur opinion pls!

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Choqper
Lurker
Lobby Username: -=Templiers=Choqper=-

List of Propositions for coming Patches, ur opinion pls!

Post by Choqper »

1)
Subject: Radar Stations as lighthouses for land
Advantages: Realism, Strategy.
Explanation: Radar stations could be used as buildings which make their surrounding completely visible as long as they exist. They should though have a bigger range than towncenter buildings. You could make their efficiency depend on the existance of an espionage-HQ building.
What it will probably lead to/strategy: The players could build up a chain of radar stations to not getting rushed/to have an eye on threatened areas. The opposite player could knock out this defense system by a well aimed attack on the espionage HQ.

2)
Subejct: Give marines in mod the textures of R.W. Bresden (a bit smaller), replace the original R.W. Bresden textures by those of Durer.
Advantages: Realism, beauty.
Explanation: -> Subject.
What it will probably lead to: Realism, beauty.

3)
Subject: Make fighters (planes) stronger, especially in mod.
Explanation: Well, more attack would be good. More attack means: Much more attack, enough to bring a B2 down in 2 shots.
What it will probably lead to/strategy: This will prevent bomber-only-armies like they exist in late hours of mod games especially CBs and mod islands. Fighters will still be able to be shot by stationary and mobile aa and by aa boats. In a late phase of a game, aa and fighters can hardly defeat a bomber only army, this would solve this problem.

Or, well, make bombers more expensive.

4)
Subject: Reducing the number of ships.
Advantages: Realism, Less Lag.
Explanation: There are much more ships in ee than there would be in reality. I would though propose to make all ship and submarine types stronger but to increase the time they need to be built and their cost.
What it will probably lead to: A more realistic gameplay, less lag and no more blocked seaways.

5)
Subject: Make fisherboats more effective in copper->space.
Advantages: Strategy, realism.
Explanation: As soon as there are farms, nobody uses fisherboats anymore because they are less effective because they can run out of food patches and because they can be hurt easier. They should be able to carry more food each time and fish patches should be infinte.

6a)
Subject: Make trees destroyable!
Advantages: Strategy, Realism
Explanation: Make trees destroyable like buildings but, if possible, only by certain units such as tanks, artillery, bombers, mortars.
What it will probably lead to: More strategy and more realism. You cant hide behind trees anymore, you can destroy a players wood and you can make place for youw buildings.
Problems: I have no idea if it's possible to do that. with triggers I get there but only with tons of lag. Also, there should be a way to get wood back to prevent to run out of wood too early.

6b)
Subject: Let trees grow again
Advantages: No more run out of wood, realism.
Explanation: Make trees grow like animals do and let them get childrens (trees) as long as they exist and as long as there is space around them. You could also use types of animals, give them the graphic textures of trees and decrease their speed down to 0. This would make them destroyable too, what would be a condition to fight a forest if it's getting too big.
What it will probably lead to: It a condition to have destroyable trees and it'll lead to more realism/prevent to run out of wood.
Problems: Lag?

7)
Subject: Streets.
Advantages: Strategy, Realism.
Explanation: Would it be possible to create something like streets, maybe represented by a chain of buildings? On these streets, units should be able to move faster. The opposite player can destroy the roads and get a tactical advantage.
What it will probably lead to: More strategical options.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: List of Propositions for coming Patches, ur opinion pls!

Post by Ghost »

1, 6, and 7 are all things that would require a modification of the game's mechanics, which we can't do.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

video game =/= realism

Infinite fish wouldn't work nor is it realistic.
Fighters are fine
Boats I can't comment on
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

huco 4000 wrote:pretty neat list man. i think i can definitely see some of those changes. it wud be tight lol!

heres mine:

1)Increase rock thrower speed to 12.
Reasons:
Realism angle: Clubmen are 12 speed, so why not rockmen? I mean rocks are just as heavy as clubs, at least by my reckoning, maybe even lighter. But then again they need lots of ammo so maybe they are carrying giant bags all over the place. But can't they just pick rocks up off the ground? This one seems to be a draw, I'll leave it up to your discretion.

2) Add Celtic Warrior to barracks: Availble Copper Age. Stats: 16 speed, 400 health, 25 attack, 4 arrow armor, 2 shock armor. ForestWalk. +800% resistence to conversion.

Reaons: Ninja pwn retards who make too many citizens. For some reason in p2s when everyone gets to copper age, they start massing citizens like all hell, and it is too hard to kill them all. This so called "booming" is clearly overpowered, and it needs an effective counter.
These are also a good counter to the OP'ed emmissaries with PF strat.

Realism angle: I know what your thinking, there are no swords in copper, right?! Wrong, archeological evidence has shown that making swords/ shields out of copper was definitely possible, so why settle for what is basically a glorified club? Unless it had spikes on it... that would be cool. Furthermore throughout history it has been shown that a proud celtic tribesman would never abandon his homeland or native religion.

3) Upgrade in university: "Put spike on club." Increase by macemen attack by +15 and gives them piercing attack, but decrease their health by 10% (spiked club is more easy to accidentally hurt yourself).

Reason: Ninja pwn retards who make too many no spike-macemen.
Realism angle: Need I say more?

4)Vikings +100 gun armor, 20 speed, 700 HP, 85 attack. Active Camoflague. Default Fanatacism. ForestWalk. MountainWalk. SeaWalk. Can throw axes at airplanes.

Reasons: Ninja pwn retards who advance to atomic ages too quikly.
Realism angle: Vikings have pretty much been shown to be the most badass fighters in history, the stats should be changed to reflect historical reality.

5) Nuclear Bombers 1000% increase in damage area. Cause Malaria and plagues to all units with in 100 tiles outside of the damage area, simulating radiation poisoning.

Reasons: Ninja pwn retards who make too many siege/religion/ships/tanks/marines/towers/AA/cits/units/buildings.

Realism: How many times have you dropped a nuke to have it only destroy the area about the size of 1 granary+farms? I mean come on, thats rediculous. This game would benefit from the added realism of these updated nuke stats. It would break the stalemate of the atomic and later epochs. Also it would educate people about the realities of a nuclear war, therefore promoting the cause of world peace!
So out of the 4 posts you've made here, you have the above list of changes and new units, and then there's:
huco 4000 wrote:I posted here because I want to return to Good ole' fashioned "Vanilla" Empire Earth.
huco 4000 wrote: Sure some of the units are cool and fun, but if we want to use all kinds of new units, and play with altered stats we can just play a scenario.
So leave the normal game how it is, and if you feel the urge to be creative, go make an awsome scen.
Contradiction much?

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

fighters with more attack would be nice, plane whoring is one of the main reasons i stopped playing mod

destroying trees ive also thought about as being a good tactical thing to do, if not a full destroy then maybe a cut in how much they have when attacked ( dont think thats possible though )

rock throwers @ 12 speed would over power them

celtic warriors would be nice though and it would really only change pre and liga

those are the only 4 worth commenting on for me :P

devilridermax
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: devilrider

Post by devilridermax »

huco 4000 wrote:who make too many non-Aryan and subhuman units.
History: ... duh

2) Increase TC hitpoints by 5,000%
Reason: Too many people have been using speed glitched howitzers to run though people's bases and rape all their TC's, leaving them helpless.
Secondary reason: Ninja pwn retards who make too many army units in mod. Now they will have to walk through fields of near-indestructable TCs.
History: TC's are basically like miniature cities, and it should take a hell of a lot of bullets to kill one of those!
second it

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

erm pls leave trees how they are... destroying them wouldnt be badt cus there are lots of maps where palyers only got like 10 to 15 trees and if u also can destroy them...the playeer would have to run to teammates and steal their wood and it would probably lead to teambases and thats the silliest thing anyways.

the only thing i would change with trees is increasing their wood ._.

see in aoe2 u can destroay them with onager etc...its just gay ._.
I am sweet.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Facepalm.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

So, I'm assuming I was one of the very few that noticed huco's posts are full of sarcasm?

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

who needs Realism?

i want to play ee, not Realism.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Ghost wrote:So, I'm assuming I was one of the very few that noticed huco's posts are full of sarcasm?
Apparently so. lol

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Omega wrote:
Ghost wrote:So, I'm assuming I was one of the very few that noticed huco's posts are full of sarcasm?
Apparently so. lol
I Noticed Retardism when he said the crap aboutthe vikings

Wardog

Post by Wardog »

Sexacutioner wrote:fighters with more attack would be nice, plane whoring is one of the main reasons i stopped playing mod

destroying trees ive also thought about as being a good tactical thing to do, if not a full destroy then maybe a cut in how much they have when attacked ( dont think thats possible though )

rock throwers @ 12 speed would over power them

celtic warriors would be nice though and it would really only change pre and liga

those are the only 4 worth commenting on for me :P
I agree with fighters, the only way i could see trees being destroyed is if you could give a scen unit like diplomats 1000000% wood cutting speed which is very unlikely.

I like the celtic idea too, but its not possible to change conversion resistance for one type of unit, so the unit would have to be a hero or potato truck or command bot or something.

But i think it would be possible to do the radar station idea, if not accomplish the same idea. You could give bamboo towers more range but no attack ( i know range is hard to change, but if you're trying to make it have a large LOS wouldn't a large range help even if it was ubnoxiously large you could make it cost more, or is this not how it works and you just CANT change range not its hard to change range).

I also have a suggestion:
Can you make all boats faster (keep battleships slower than lighter ships etc) so they don't move so retardedly and you can actually have a meaningful navy battle. ( is it possible to change their tile size so the could "pass through each other" so they don't run in circles like fuck tards trying to move an inch).

Also is it possible to make Citizen BTD cheaper I think that could be a very valuable upgrade its just not worth as much as ccr.

Also can you add potato trucks and make them fast and strong to transport slow weak units like snipers lmao, and if possible add carrying capacity to them. Heli transports are weak as shit and marines, AA, or any other up shooters own them.

Also about the trees again, another stretch but if you made them all animals with no speed and 1 hp and wood instead of food it could work... :mrgreen:

I hope you realize i don't expect any of these to happen except maybe the boats. The one i want the most is the potato trucks though LOL like 1000hp and like 18 speed.

Also can you change Rate of Fire if so can you increase pilum and javelin rate of fire lol.

ALSO heres my other promising one (lol) can you add the roman legionares so they can do at least something (ideally pilum attack ability), if not just make them weak but build fast, cheap, and good arrow armour or something. I like the idea of having a few hordes of them enter a base in a seige tower with a cit to make a barracks to just pump out the little fuckers lol.
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Hi, yes, i'd like for longswords to be unkillable by knights, knights to be unkillable by CA, and CA to be unkillable by swords. I want to reverse the triangle, thanks.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Yeah, hi there, I want some sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads that can't be killed and one-shot all units on the map, thx.

Return to “Patches”