Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)

Go back to vanilla versions of EE/AoC (2.0/1.0)?

Yes
54%
No
40%
Don't Care
6%

Total votes: 35

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Post by Elite »

Okay, so there's been alot of discussion recently about the patches. Some people support them, some people don't, and alot of people are somewhere in the middle. Both myself and Zeke after some discussion have decided that there are really only two viable choices here. We can continue to experiment with changes to the game, or we can close the door on patching (and all the debate/technical difficulties it has caused) by making a permanent return to vanilla EE and AOC. I don't want to make this post too long, as I've already written more today than any computer game warrants. But post here if you support this idea.

ben55

Re: Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Post by ben55 »

Vanity units are worth dividing our already small player base, or forcing people to not play. I have been neutral on this thing and have had a very open out look on the patch, but Omega don't you agree all this this big mess isn't worth some vanity units is it? I think pure vanilla is the best option as a default version for the lobby. With maybe links to EE MODS for like a Citybuilder Mod with tons of new buildings and units(vanity stuff).

Me when I was thinking about it I thought what do I want, more people to play with or more units to play with. I'd rather have the people.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

_Rs_ Megabullet
Needs a Slap

Post by _Rs_ Megabullet »

I say back to the old days when we had no extra units.
And these patches actually didnt fix anything expect adding a variety of units and maps.
Sure the maps are amazing id say but;
Werent we told that the patches would fix eco glitching and crashing?

Well none of those 2 where fixed.
And there are other things like how space ships cant defend themselves vs ICBM's Missiles.
And space turrets dont always hit space ships?

Maybe instead of adding the "cool" units u could actually fix the game?

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

DO NOT post here with you liking the new patches, this is elites topic, if you want to talk about the other stuff go to the other topic

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Poll added btw
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

can i change it to no?
I want to keep some units, but put others back down to appropriate levels (xbow/longbow)
Last edited by peow130 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Let People understand that this means NO PACTHES not even the first one

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

This vote is a waste of time because most of the lobby players won't vote since only 50-60% of the lobby post on our forum. We already did a remove or keep patch vote in the main lobby.
  • 101 Votes
    62.38% of those voted in favor of the last patch.
    6.93% of those voted no patch
    30.69% Vote anti cheat only

d-dog
Lobby Username: Cold Fusion

Post by d-dog »

old ee
COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION
BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_
D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG

_Rs_ Megabullet
Needs a Slap

Post by _Rs_ Megabullet »

EE Classic But i like the maps.
Just keep the anti glitch as it works so far and the anti cheat custom chat thing.
Just make a (patch) where all the things like those which i discussed above are in.
For example a fix for the space turrets that half of the time dont fire or not fire at all.
And maybe make a counter vs ICBM,s (nucleair missiles) that u can have on ur spaceship, seeing as space ships are defenceless vs these missiles.

If u put things like these in so called patches they might be all positive.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

I think its important to recognize that one of the things affecting the outcome of this poll is the fact that many still consider the patch to be an "anti-cheat" patch. There's just a general ignorance about what the original patch accomplished with regards to cheating. For the record, the original patch made it somewhat harder to perform the resource glitch, but if someone is determined to glitch they can still do it. Second, the patch made it impossible to crash anonymously in some situations, but unless you're worried about being reported by your own allies crashing is still possible also. Additionally, as I said before, me and Zeke discussed the possible of taking a middle road and keeping some changes. However, our own opinion is that the EE/AOC community is really better off without the argument and technical hassles caused by all this constant experimentation and patching and downloading/installing etc. If a certain section of the community (ie CB players) wants new buildings and new units for the "ah cool new shit" factor - why not allow for the creation and voluntary application of mod packs that they could use when playing their games? The simple fact is, because most of the community will not go to the trouble to uninstall something that is forced upon them when they log in, these patches are essentially mandatory for all players. You can tell me that if I don't like the patches I don't have to use them, but what are my other options when most of the player base is patched? My proposal is that EE/AOC be returned to the vanilla version. Mod packs can be left available for download by those who actually want them. I just really wish there was some general clarification of the fact that cheating and crashing are still possible under the patch.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

well actually he was trying to get newer and less knowing players to think that cheating was removed but for some reson dumbshits constantly bring up how you can still glitch on the patch, had they kept their fuckin mouth shut then it would have eventually rid the game of cheating, unless of course the ones saying you can still glitch are still doing it just because they know how to

the last patch was forced because ghost had to have something that he could test his installer with, i mean he could have asked a lot of people to revert their game completely to an initial install to check it that way but im sure he would have had maybe 3 or 4 people that would have actually did it, this way he got over 100 peolpe to test it which allowed him to fix the bugs verry quickly

the only hassle i had was when i had to update for pit because he had a d2d version that wouldnt patch, other than that it was mostly people unable to read and hitting the wrong buttons

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

it did very well actually. for proof all u need to do is take a look in the "report abuse and cheaters" compare this to the old server where a few ppl where getting banned daily and i think its something like a 1000% improvement probably more if we take out the amount banned for racism as they arnt glitching.

elite just decided to make such a big deal out of the smallest factors, ive heard u even say "the units dont interupt gameplay at all" yet u still argue for the sake of it.
if u had any respect for any1 elite especially omega, as u claim u do. u wouldn't of taken a minor change and turned it into "omg ee died cause of patch".
just so u no 1.1d was far more balanced then 1.1c not that u would have any idea.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Remember guys, Elite knows everything about everything.
His opinion is 100% right, 100% of the time.
Elite can't lose.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

KILLERS_Daniel
Retarded Troll (Don't feed me)

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

I vote my support to return to vanilla release

Return to “Patches”