Some Comments on the Patch (And alteration of EE in general)

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Re: Some Comments on the Patch (And alteration of EE in general)

Post by sporaTiK »

sorry.

correction: let's keep experimental changes separate from lobby game play*****

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

BLACKHAWK69 wrote:wow! on the old lobby and in the forums at sierra... people were constantly asking for something new for EE. did we get it? NO!
what we got was EEII and after that miserable failure we got EEIII. what we wanted was updates to EE and AOC, like another expansion.
now, finally, we have someone who listened and is actually upgrading this old and very out of date(but still great) game. i personally was against the 1st patches until i got all the information, and tried the game with the changes and i came around to the way i think now, which is that we are getting what we've been asking for all along...something new to the basic game. now i don't have ALL the information yet on these new patches, and i will be studying them, but tweeking this game into something more than the same old thing
seems to me to be, as previously stated, getting what we asked for!!! if more units changes the strategy of play then great, it won't bother me to get away from the same old thing all the time. i love this game. oh and btw, if you catch a cheater...turn em in.
EE2 and EE3 were miserable failures because the developers never asked any EE's pro any advice on how to develop the game mechanics. It's just like what happened to this patch, many new units and stuff were added in order to increase the "cool effect" ( let's face it, the target of this patch is the new players ), but you just can't add those new things without thinking carefully about it first, otherwise the game will die and meet the same end of EE2 and EE3.
EE2 and EE3 surely had better graphics and some other cool stuff, but there must be a reason if after so many years people are still fond of EE and its mechanics; if we wanted "cool stuff", I'm sure we'd all be playing on EE3, but that's not what we want. Will updates and patches ever be able to make the game better? Unless they have been thoroughly thought of by the veteran players, then answer is no.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

samarai are just a defensive weapon against a fast slut rush, an experienced player wont make these units, its just something to help the noobs survive early
moors are only good for an initial rush, against any type of army they die

ive played quite a few mid games testing the patch and the changes arent game altering, within 2 min your back to regular playing style due to the weakness of the units in a mass war

the patch been out for couple hours so i know you havent tested shit, you just see changes and cry, ive probably got around 50 test games in, half of those with human players

and before you say " well not with a mid player "
no shit you guys dont want to help with anything

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

As I recall, Barbarians clan played Middle SH no reli/siege on mediterranean map for years. I remember this because I used to have fun massing camo/path crossbows against you. However, I would suggest that your experience with Empire Earth has been somewhat...narrow. Perhaps when you've mastered some of the other settings, you can provide more informed input regarding changes to the gameplay.
BLACKHAWK69 wrote:wow! on the old lobby and in the forums at sierra... people were constantly asking for something new for EE. did we get it? NO!
what we got was EEII and after that miserable failure we got EEIII. what we wanted was updates to EE and AOC, like another expansion.
now, finally, we have someone who listened and is actually upgrading this old and very out of date(but still great) game. i personally was against the 1st patches until i got all the information, and tried the game with the changes and i came around to the way i think now, which is that we are getting what we've been asking for all along...something new to the basic game. now i don't have ALL the information yet on these new patches, and i will be studying them, but tweeking this game into something more than the same old thing
seems to me to be, as previously stated, getting what we asked for!!! if more units changes the strategy of play then great, it won't bother me to get away from the same old thing all the time. i love this game. oh and btw, if you catch a cheater...turn em in.

GODSEND
Novice Member

Post by GODSEND »

I dislike the patch cos u made it as a autoinstallsetup which i think isnt necessary and u better should do it as before just announce that u made a new patch and what it does then everyone can decide if he use it or not. Due to the changes: I dont like that a bombers damage increased that much. that means that even walls with gate wonder cant stand them and that changes to much at islands games in my opinion.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

If they're useless, why include them? Also, you're forgetting about groupspeed. I can promise you these will make an appearance in sword v sword matches, easy to groupspeed them with longswords and use them as tanks. Or even groupspeed them with moors or barbs. These units are going to change gameplay, and thats a fact. Consider the possibilities for 14-20 speed black robes with max range in liga. Thats an eco raping nightmare. Also for your information I did help test the patch. Sexacutioner, I respect you, and you're a good guy. But you play one setting. You don't play any other setts enough to have a grasp on how these changes will affect other ages. And you're missing my point entirely. I don't want a new game; if I did, I'd go out and buy one. I liked EE/AOC the way they were. There are some MINOR changes that could be made that would not affect gameplay seriously - for example I think lowering of TC hp was a positive step. But adding lots of new units is going to change gameplay. What I'm trying to say here is really quite simple, and you are missing it. As actionman so eloquently put it earlier, "Why fix what ain't broken." There was nothing wrong with the original game other than glitching and crashing - and the first patch was sold to the community by saying it would fix those things. Sexa, I encourage you to stop writing off those who disagree with you as "whiners." If you would actually consider what I'm saying, you would see I have a point. I think that EE is one of the best RTS ever made, and I would like to be able to continue to play it. But I'm not going to stand by an watch what is probably my favorite computer game of all time be transformed into a different game on the whims of a small minority.
Sexacutioner wrote:samarai are just a defensive weapon against a fast slut rush, an experienced player wont make these units, its just something to help the noobs survive early
moors are only good for an initial rush, against any type of army they die

ive played quite a few mid games testing the patch and the changes arent game altering, within 2 min your back to regular playing style due to the weakness of the units in a mass war

the patch been out for couple hours so i know you havent tested shit, you just see changes and cry, ive probably got around 50 test games in, half of those with human players

and before you say " well not with a mid player "
no shit you guys dont want to help with anything

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

both units get ate alive by ca elite, you wont want to group speed them lol

your not one of the whiners, im talkin about the ones who base their entire argument just by what they read instead of even playing a few games at least

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I was talking about a sword v sword match - against CA obviously you wouldnt use them, or if you're on wing fighting both CA and swords, you could groupspeed a few of them with a large group of longswords - the longswords will take most of the arrows. And if you have a decent grasp of the game you can infer alot by reading about the changes made.

Sexacutioner wrote:both units get ate alive by ca elite, you wont want to group speed them lol

your not one of the whiners, im talkin about the ones who base their entire argument just by what they read instead of even playing a few games at least

_Rs_ Megabullet
Needs a Slap

Post by _Rs_ Megabullet »

Sexactutioner to be honest,
Ur not a mid sh player.
Second of if noobs want to play mid sh or a other set its best to make them used to the good units.
Not add retarted units so they stay noob rest of the game right?
With that sayen i honestly think u dont have any right of speech on this matter.
And dont call it a patch nothing is broken.

hobojoe
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: hobojoe

Post by hobojoe »

Megabullet, sexa has a much better understanding of the game than you, i don't know what you think you're talking about, but really i don't think all these unecessary changes should be added to the game though

NeverDie
Forum Noob

Post by NeverDie »

damn to much crap here.
1-If you dont like it DONT PLAY THE GAME. Others will come to play it.
2-If you dont like what mods and admins do about patches... MAKE YOUR OWN GOOD DAMN PATCH AND PLAY IT.
3-If you dont LIKE how the lobby is updating, MAKE UR OWN SERVER.-

in other words, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, and leave the ppl work for a better game development.
as its stated its a F....Beta patch ... -.-

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I've got a better idea. Since most of us have been playing this game with no complaint for years, why don't we just leave it alone, and let everyone continue to have a good time? An earth-shattering suggestion I realize, but I think if the mods could just manage to contain their enthusiasm for "balancing" the game, everyone would get along just fine. Oh, and when you say others will come to play it...the number of good players on EE or AoC is already pretty small...I'd say every individual that leaves is a pretty significant loss. You should be less laissez faire about tossing people aside really. I never said I had a problem with the server. And why would I make my own patch? The game is fine the way it was, all I'm asking is that certain people leave the game alone. I'm just asking Omega and Ghost to leave it, because nobody had a problem with the gameplay dynamic until a few months ago, when all this patch nonsense started. Remember when the patch was just about fixing glitching? I do. How quickly we forgot about that when people got the idea in their head to "fix" a game that many of us have played faithfully for years. Think before you post next time - and use caps lock more, that definitely makes you sound more convincing.

NeverDie wrote:damn to much crap here.
1-If you dont like it DONT PLAY THE GAME. Others will come to play it.
2-If you dont like what mods and admins do about patches... MAKE YOUR OWN GOOD DAMN PATCH AND PLAY IT.
3-If you dont LIKE how the lobby is updating, MAKE UR OWN SERVER.-

in other words, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, and leave the ppl work for a better game development.
as its stated its a F....Beta patch ... -.-

\-Zodiac-/
Lobby Username: Zodiac

Post by \-Zodiac-/ »

honelstly the patch is a fail
ee is ruined if this keeps up, why add units when there not needed there is a reason why samis where not in the normal game and only in scen editor because they serve no prupose, regrdless getting rid of glitch was great lowering tc was great the rest is not, please mods consider what ee players are saying and make ee the way it was before instead of thinking ur awesome for making it a new game ( no shots intended)

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

What glitch was gotten rid of exactly?

\-Zodiac-/ wrote:honelstly the patch is a fail
ee is ruined if this keeps up, why add units when there not needed there is a reason why samis where not in the normal game and only in scen editor because they serve no prupose, regrdless getting rid of glitch was great lowering tc was great the rest is not, please mods consider what ee players are saying and make ee the way it was before instead of thinking ur awesome for making it a new game ( no shots intended)

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

patch was never about just fixing glitching, that was 1 of the things that was going to be tried

Return to “Patches”