A thought about an upcoming patch.

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Pinky
Intermediate Member

A thought about an upcoming patch.

Post by Pinky »

Somtimes I get bored with playing with the same units over and over again and will use the weak ones, like Pilums or Javelin in mid but
its super hard because A) the units are very very weak and B) The philum upgrades cost so dang much, why is that? (they are catagorized as infantry range) Even when they have the fantasm ability they are still super weak, and super slow.
Have you ever thought about amping up the javelin attributes? Like speed, or attack? They already get slaughtered by archers, and swords eat through them pretty fast as well. Mabey if they had a higher attack, or higher speed (so they could outrun swords) they would be more useful? Or even if they didn't cost so much for civilization upgrades! Anyway, I guess my point is that they have the potential to be a viable unit and are (in my arrogant opinion) being overlooked.
They could be so much more!

Thanks,
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Re: A thought about an upcoming patch.

Post by taco »

they did recieve a attack increase, and if u think about what they counter and what they are not suppose to counter they are pretty much balanced. swords are suppose 2 win, however pilums right now can beat swords with a few minor adjustments. towers a couple of houses, or if u are having trouble a hosp. btd is needed agaisnt a sword slut. archers still destroy them, but thats expected. i tested 20 moorish cav agaisnt 10 pilums. from memory i lost 1 or 2. pilums. the same army went agaisnt cata and i lost a bit more, but my point being 10 pilums can take out 40 moorish/catas not at 1ce obviously but to me they seem balanced for a darkaged/mid unit.

i do agree with the civ costs for pilums.. but i dont think we can fix that

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

the pilums also rape the upcoming moorish inf.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Pilums are the Mid equivalent to Bazookas in mod. They're supposed to do decent vs. the units they counter, but aren't supposed to be the main counter since there are other units that do a much better job (knights, persians in Mid, 120mm AT in Mod). It's simply a quick and dirty solution until you can properly focus your efforts on making the stronger unit.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Pilums are doing a great job in liga vs catas and a decent job vs swords. They're cheap so you can easily mass them and defend youzr base against cata rapes in liga games. If you'd change their attack/cost/whatever they'd get overpowered sicne they are right now doing exactly what thesy're ment to do
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Pelie last time you went pilums in liga I owned you with Byz Rome swords
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

cant adjust their civ cost or it would mess with indy and mod civs and we all know how mod players react when you tweek their civs lol

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

But it works in mid sh as wing vs rush :)

Aaaand they're good in dark age if you're ca and your enemy is pers/catas. Youc an ix some pilums and don't need to fear catas anymore!
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

Yeah i was hoping you could make pilum go into foot archer category instead of ranged infantry. I still think that their attributes cost way to much in civ, and as I recall their pretty expensive in game to arent they? Haha PeLlE if you can go pilum in a mid sh game with decent players and pull it off, then a god are you.
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

i can just agree with pelie

i took them in some mid sh

well not vs the best players but it stopped a puni rush and i won 4v4 with pwning 3 enemys cus these 4 noobs all went sw :D

bu i also have balli range and bow range in civ so that i can switch actually good

they are ok so far :D
I am sweet.

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

hello wrote: well not vs the best players
You agree with pelie that you can use them effectivley in a real game, and then you backtrack and say "Not vs the best players"
hello wrote: stopped a puni rush
Yes pretty much anyone with towers and houses can stop a "puni" rush, the pilums were just extra.
hello wrote: pwning 3 enemys cus these 4 noobs all went sw
Every one of your enemys was "noobs" huh? how would your strategy work in a real game?
hello wrote: bu i also have balli range and bow range in civ so that i can switch actually good
Bali and pilum makes sense, but you also have long bow upgrades? That makes sense to, so you can build crossbows or switch to a unit that wont die so easily.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

erm u missunderstood me

1.i played 1v3 ._. one of them was puni
i was lucky cus they were sw. and ususally in a 1v3 they dont have to be good to beat u.

2. i just have these bows and balli extras in case of playing vs cav or knights. switching to xbow would be the last thing i would do.

3. with noobs i didnt mean that they are bad. they just had all a iron map and going 4x sw in 4v4 is dumb. with noob i meant the the whole system of their game.

4. i' would say pilums should have at least 13 speed ._.
cus 11 + range 4(+3) is dumb ._. . with bows 6(+3) u can live with that cus u can kill enemy before he reaches ur units. but pilums always get attacked before they kileld whole opposit army
I am sweet.

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

pilums are quite as support (counter) against catas. In mid sh they are decent and CAN hold a sword rush but will loose in later game/vs pockets ca. They are actually quite usefull in liga

Easy
Basic Member

Post by Easy »

hello wrote:erm u missunderstood me

1.i played 1v3 ._. one of them was puni
i was lucky cus they were sw. and ususally in a 1v3 they dont have to be good to beat u.

2. i just have these bows and balli extras in case of playing vs cav or knights. switching to xbow would be the last thing i would do.

3. with noobs i didnt mean that they are bad. they just had all a iron map and going 4x sw in 4v4 is dumb. with noob i meant the the whole system of their game.

4. i' would say pilums should have at least 13 speed ._.
cus 11 + range 4(+3) is dumb ._. . with bows 6(+3) u can live with that cus u can kill enemy before he reaches ur units. but pilums always get attacked before they kileld whole opposit army

your gonna die by any decent player

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

hello wrote:1.i played 1v3 ._. one of them was puni
You were in a 3v1? and you beat them all right? thats plausible, beating three noobs isnt especially hard, beating 3 noobs with pilums though, gives us a little insight into just how horrible they actually were, or how fantastic a player you are. Either way the skill levels are way unbalanced in this situation.
hello wrote: 2. i just have these bows and balli extras in case of playing vs cav or knights. switching to xbow would be the last thing i would do.
You maintained an army of bows and bali incase of playing vs cav or knights? And since they were all swords you let it sit in your base and grow old? Again,they must have been horrible players if you beat all three of them without using your entire army. Also, why wouldent you create crossbows? they can 1 shot most swords.

hello wrote: 3. with noobs i didnt mean that they are bad. they just had all a iron map and going 4x sw in 4v4 is dumb. with noob i meant the the whole system of their game.
Im going to go ahead and reiterate what I have been saying, they must have been noobs for you (a single player) to beat them (three players) even though you now claim that it was a 4v4? At some point, any halfway decent player would notice that his entire team is using swords, and that bows counters what his enemy has and would mix.

What I'm really getting at is, you cant claim that a unit is balanced because it worked for you in one unique situation where the odds were stacked vastly in your favor and then use that as the backbone of your argument.

Return to “Patches”