New maps and the next patch

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)

Do you care if there are new maps in the next patch?

I think there SHOULD be new maps in the next patch.
68%
I don't care one way or the other.
28%
I don't want any new maps in the next patch.
4%

Total votes: 25

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: New maps and the next patch

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

How about a Medi map with the following changes
  • Only Grass terrain
  • Guaranteed 2 gold and 2 iron in your base (outside resources stay the same)
  • Slight increase in trees per forest.
  • And a slight increase in the lake size where the water percentage is only like 30% on larger maps
:?:

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

i think if you make the lake to much bigger there will be higher 1 way games
aoc its not realy much of a problem because medi has always been a pf map due to numbers of trees and mountains blocking ways through

as far as the snow and all that stuff i never mind any of them cause i usually dont get animals anyhow lol

ben55

Post by ben55 »

If you can in anyway prevent someone from just getting 2 hippos that would be real awesome.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

i can that being a winner with the no reli/seige/f11 players lol

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

the numbers of pre players greatly outnumber any f11 type players

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

OK so I've come up with 3 more map ideas

1st is the Medi map with the following changes
  • Only Grass terrain
  • Guaranteed 2 gold and 2 iron in your base (outside resources stay the same)
  • Slight increase in trees per forest.
  • And a slight increase in the lake size where the water percentage is only like 30% on larger maps
  • Small increase in hunt

2nd and third are the same type of map but 1 is a "normal" land/water map and the other is a space map for AoC. Here are screenshots of various maps from it:

I'd like to hear more of what you guys DO want rather than what you don't want. I think that would be more helpful.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I think Mediteranian-ish map with slightly improved mines, hunt, and wood, with an island (or islands) in the center of the map that have resources, and larger "side pathways" for the land part of the map and with lower elevation on the whole map would be sweet personally. ;)

It'd probably eliminate the islanding of one player, and the complete blockage of one side by hills or water, as well as make people fight for the center, or at the very least greatly reduce that. And, obviously, there would be a point to making boats and claiming the center isle(s).

Would probably be pretty epic for a ww2 game.

(Just a random idea that I don't think is even possible based on my attempts--and an example of how to explain what you DO want regarding a map as opposed to not want)

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Bin, I think the only problem with that new map is that in team games, some players may be somewhat blocked off from the rest of their team, so pocket support will take a long time to get to the wing. It can even be a problem in 2v2's. For 1v1's, I think the map would be interesting since there are some like it in Age of Empires III which lead to good games, but I'm afraid that the landscape may give one player unfair control of central mines.

And just a comment on Medit maps, I personally like it when one side is occasionally blocked off. Things get interesting in P2N if one side ages quicker an makes transports before the shore is walled ;) .

My idea is create a water map with one ELLIPTICAL island surrounded by water (used for fishing like Continental, yet still poses the threat of a mid-scale naval battles), with a single shallow river that goes across the middle of the island.

Some specifics... It can't be crossed by land units at every point, but say form 5 points of entry on a large/medium map, that number shrinks or expands with map size (3 small/tiny, 7 huge, 9 giga). Resources on each side of the river are equal. I don't think a jungle environment (desert trees, grass terrain) would be possible but it just sounds cool. Trees are in many small forests, ease to traverse. Fish are more concentrated around starting capitols (if possible). One stone mine per player, only 3 of each metal per player. If the map turns out ok and the mines don't seem crammed in there, 4 of each per player. # of mines increases with map size. Oh, and just throw a standard amount of herds in there and hippos too.

Anyway, I think that map would be good for liga games because it makes civs like England a reasonable choice since it has a fishing bonus, yet decent land bonuses.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.75 KiB) Viewed 9299 times
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Ghost wrote:Bin, I think the only problem with that new map is that in team games, some players may be somewhat blocked off from the rest of their team, so pocket support will take a long time to get to the wing. It can even be a problem in 2v2's. For 1v1's, I think the map would be interesting since there are some like it in Age of Empires III which lead to good games, but I'm afraid that the landscape may give one player unfair control of central mines.

And just a comment on Medit maps, I personally like it when one side is occasionally blocked off. Things get interesting in P2N if one side ages quicker an makes transports before the shore is walled ;) .

My idea is create a water map with one ELLIPTICAL island surrounded by water (used for fishing like Continental, yet still poses the threat of a mid-scale naval battles), with a single shallow river that goes across the middle of the island.

Some specifics... It can't be crossed by land units at every point, but say form 5 points of entry on a large/medium map, that number shrinks or expands with map size (3 small/tiny, 7 huge, 9 giga). Resources on each side of the river are equal. I don't think a jungle environment (desert trees, grass terrain) would be possible but it just sounds cool. Trees are in many small forests, ease to traverse. Fish are more concentrated around starting capitols (if possible). One stone mine per player, only 3 of each metal per player. If the map turns out ok and the mines don't seem crammed in there, 4 of each per player. # of mines increases with map size. Oh, and just throw a standard amount of herds in there and hippos too.

Anyway, I think that map would be good for liga games because it makes civs like England a reasonable choice since it has a fishing bonus, yet decent land bonuses.
I'd play it.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

A tundra type map, with very scarce trees.
more of specific types of minerals, suck as gold or iron.
and less animals/forage.
perhaps?
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Omega wrote:I think Mediteranian-ish map ...with an island (or islands) in the center of the map
I don't think that can be done but I have an idea that I'd like to try before saying it definitely cant be done.

Ghost wrote:My idea is create a water map with one ELLIPTICAL island surrounded by water (used for fishing like Continental, yet still poses the threat of a mid-scale naval battles), with a single shallow river that goes across the middle of the island. ...It can't be crossed by land units at every point, but say form 5 points of entry
Sorry, that's a little too specific for a random map to pull off.

peow130 wrote:with very scarce trees.
Well, I can't make trees out of thin air, can only use items already in the game and I don't think there are any "scary" trees. I could use dead trees, not sure if those can be used to gather wood or not.
peow130 wrote:more of specific types of minerals, suck as gold or iron.
Those are the only types of minerals peow lol.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

i really like ghosts map tbh, im a retard when it comes to this, but ill try and put my opinion/idea fwd anyway.

could u just add like a premade map which is the same for that map size, and the only changes are in size of map for more/less ppl. or make it less random then normally for the map based on just his map. so there are minimal changes.. i have no idea if either of those things are possible.. or made sense lol ._.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

taco wrote:i really like ghosts map tbh, im a retard when it comes to this, but ill try and put my opinion/idea fwd anyway.

could u just add like a premade map which is the same for that map size, and the only changes are in size of map for more/less ppl. or make it less random then normally for the map based on just his map.
No

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

[quote="10010 1111 10
peow130 wrote:with very scarce trees.
Well, I can't make trees out of thin air, can only use items already in the game and I don't think there are any "scary" trees. I could use dead trees, not sure if those can be used to gather wood or not.
peow130 wrote:more of specific types of minerals, suck as gold or iron.
Those are the only types of minerals peow lol.[/quote]

Scarce
–adjective 1. insufficient to satisfy the need or demand; not abundant: Meat and butter were scarce during the war.
2. seldom met with; rare: a scarce book.

:roll: :roll:

As in, very little amounts of trees.

And more specific meaning, like instead of having gold AND iron.
Have gold OR iron. I.E., 3 gold in one base. or 3 iron at one base.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

LMFAO I dont know why I saw that as scary instead of scarce :oops:

If anyone wants to check these 3 maps and give me your input, extract this zip to the random maps folder of AoC(because there is a space map). They are currently titled "Mediterranean - Alternate", "Marshland", "Planets Obscure"
Attachments
maps.zip
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

Return to “Patches”