New maps and the next patch

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)

Do you care if there are new maps in the next patch?

I think there SHOULD be new maps in the next patch.
68%
I don't care one way or the other.
28%
I don't want any new maps in the next patch.
4%

Total votes: 25

Moo
Spam4food

Re: New maps and the next patch

Post by Moo »

Exactly! Or heres mine, Its cheap but you get it
KEY:
L Green: Building Space
Green:Trees
Pink:Iron
Yellow:Gold
Gray:Stone
L Brown: Cliff
Attachments
Map.JPG

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Ok so hello, if there's only 2 teams what happens? Map blocked on the sides by mountains with a huge hill in the middle, making it the only point of land entry and essentially whoever gets control of it first wins. The idea behind mapmaking is to have things balanced, not to make the coolest looking picture on the mini-map.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

You guys are killin me, yas don't seem to understand the concept of a "Random" Map. Mountains, cliffs and water can be placed on a map using only very broad parameters. For example, I can set a percentage of a map to be of a certain type and I can make maximum and minimum elevations, and a few other things, but where those types fall and what shapes they take are RANDOM. Making mountain ranges with paths through them is not possible unless it randomly occurs that way. Just as often as not players would find themselves mountain-locked. Things like buildings, cits, animals and mines can be placed in specific places, but land masses cannot. You guys are too used to scen maps lol.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

1 @ ghost: u dont win 100% if u have the hill ._.
but ur right its like 70%

but it would be fun

2@bin:

yes sry i have played too much age of mythology where maps are almost fixed and not random but i will make the map as a scen :D
I am sweet.

iOmega
Omega's Mobile Account
Lobby Username: {Lusitania}•Ωmega

Post by iOmega »

1 @ ghost: u dont win 100% if u have the hill ._.
but ur right its like 70%
it is 100% if you're at least as good as your opponent and you don't fuck up...

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

i meant normal pre maps but like a couple of extra mines and possibly hunt. ive played some of the new maps and some are completely over loaded with res and hunt. u cud have 25 citso n hunt and not kill them all

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

i really like thewse maps with alot of resses 2 caps and mass hunt lol It always ends in big battles which can be pretty funny
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

thats what i mean there is still the possibillity that ur enemy sucks :D
I am sweet.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

ive heard people wanting snow removed because they think the snow is what ruins a map lol

the only used map for pre that could use more res is retarded ass medit cause i always get stuck with 2 fuckin gold mines and cant do shit with 2 fuckin gold mines lol

with most of the new maps they are best used for single sett players
X map is best used to fuck around playin comps, not sure about the single epoc games on it, but for reg p2s it just takes no skill at all to play on it and it ends in plane wars due to mass resourses, prob the best map for using missle base too though lol

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

SlipKnoT wrote:i meant normal pre maps but like a couple of extra mines and possibly hunt. ive played some of the new maps and some are completely over loaded with res and hunt. u cud have 25 citso n hunt and not kill them all
Sexacutioner wrote:ive heard people wanting snow removed because they think the snow is what ruins a map lol

the only used map for pre that could use more res is retarded ass medit cause i always get stuck with 2 fuckin gold mines and cant do shit with 2 fuckin gold mines lol

with most of the new maps they are best used for single sett players
X map is best used to fuck around playin comps, not sure about the single epoc games on it, but for reg p2s it just takes no skill at all to play on it and it ends in plane wars due to mass resourses, prob the best map for using missle base too though lol
Then may I suggest Tunisia Oasis. No snow for the nutjobs, only slightly increased gold, iron and hunt, also includes small amounts of fish in small lakes that do not impede battle.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Sexacutioner wrote:ive heard people wanting snow removed because they think the snow is what ruins a map lol
How does snow ruin a map, or how would it even remotely ruin a map if it could?
Just curious on whoever thinks snow = failmap.

CARLOS
Intermediate Member

Post by CARLOS »

snow = less starting hunt

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

10010 1111 10 wrote:Then may I suggest Tunisia Oasis. No snow for the nutjobs, only slightly increased gold, iron and hunt, also includes small amounts of fish in small lakes that do not impede battle.

on aoc we play that sometimes but for the medit thing i was refering to the eec crowd who would have prob quit this game long ago had medit map not been a part of the maps, tunisia and end up quite open most of the time and they dont like when more than 1 person can attack them at a time LOL

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

As far as hunt goes on different maps, the way herds are allocated are as follows. You can see that the number of herds issued is the same in each map type. 1 per player and 2 per neutral. This is straight out of the game files, I didn't make this shit up.
  • GRASS
    Number of animals in each herd of animal type:
    • Deer = 4
    • Giraffe = 4
    • Elephant = 2
    • Goat = 4
    • Ostrich = 4
    • Horse = 4
    Number of random herds allocated:
    • Random Herd Per Player = 1 (chooses 1 random herd type from list above)
    • Random Herd Per Neutral zone = 2 (chooses 2 random herd types from list above)
  • DESERT
    • Giraffe = 4
    • Elephant = 2
    • Goat = 4
    • Ostrich = 4
    • Horse = 4
    • Random Herd Per Neutral zone = 2 (chooses 2 random herd types from list above)
  • WINTER
    • Deer = 4
    • Goat = 4
    • Horse = 4

Now, if it will make people happy (despite the fact that there is no less hunt in winter maps)I can give the option of playing any, or all, maps without the possibility of winter. I can even make it so that it is always grass maps if they don't like desert either. And I can slightly increase the available resources. Hows that sound?

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

snow sucks so i wud vote to get rid of that. i dont mind having the other 2. on some setts wood loss is an issue too

Return to “Patches”