idea for patch

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Dosier
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Dosier

Re: idea for patch

Post by Dosier »

anyway another thing would be to change the ee and aoc updater (so it looks for updates in a save-ee database and installs/downloads them autimatically). It's mainly for those people that don't use the lobby much or forget and try clicking on update ee, which then duely crashes their computer.

CARLOS
Intermediate Member

Post by CARLOS »

oih yeas good idea!!! i hatre when i kills a hunt behind treens and ym stupid citz gather wood when im trying to click on hunt!! so much annnooy. need rotate camera to get hunt!!!

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Way to follow the conversation carlos. :roll:

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

@Carlos: zoom in to super close mode so the trees are behind the camera

Dosier, I've got some framework laid for the lobby to automatically detect current game versions and update them to the standard, but I won't have much time until the holidays are over. Maybe I'll get it done around then.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

its funny how u can play ee for 8 or so years and never even consider zooming in as a solution well i didnt anyway, always clicked hundreds of times waiting to get it right thx ghost lol.

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

wow ghost i tried doing the ` thing and its so fun @_@ and confusing xD specially when u look at the sky :p
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

I've been using zoom to reach seemingly unclickable stuff for as long as I can remember. Sometimes with hills and wall placement you can't manually click on a wall piece waiting to be built and a cit skipped it and of course sometimes trees are a problem as mentioned.

Also rather than zooming you can try scrolling left/right until whatever it is you're trying to click is on the edge of your screen, which sometimes reveals more area to click on because objects are not always isometric to the camera.

Dosier
Novice Member

Post by Dosier »

Ghost wrote:@Carlos: zoom in to super close mode so the trees are behind the camera

Dosier, I've got some framework laid for the lobby to automatically detect current game versions and update them to the standard, but I won't have much time until the holidays are over. Maybe I'll get it done around then.
That's good, I only asked about the auto updater because if you can make patches that changes everything so that every internet link in the empire earth game relates to save-ee then you will inevitably make save-ee the official site for empire earth (i know it is really already, but the links would make everything relate back to save-ee. If you know what i mean :) .

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

There's nothing we can do to change the information on the published CD, nor can we redirect traffic from Sierra's servers to our server. That's a little ridiculous :roll: .

Dosier
Novice Member

Post by Dosier »

Why do so many people misunderstand me? :? Maybe I don't phrase my sentences right. :(

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Instead of clicking like a mad man, you can hold down the right button and drag across the screen to select multiple units lawl
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Ghost wrote:I've been using zoom to reach seemingly unclickable stuff for as long as I can remember. Sometimes with hills and wall placement you can't manually click on a wall piece waiting to be built and a cit skipped it and of course sometimes trees are a problem as mentioned.

Also rather than zooming you can try scrolling left/right until whatever it is you're trying to click is on the edge of your screen, which sometimes reveals more area to click on because objects are not always isometric to the camera.
On my first EE Game Ever it was the frst button i pressed lol XD

Return to “Patches”