idea for patch

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Dosier
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Dosier

idea for patch

Post by Dosier »

Look you probably wont agree with my idea and you'll probably say it's impossible or stupid but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a patch that allows in-game rotation.

My reasons for saying are...
All buildings units and terrain are three dimensional (excluding wonders of the world) I think. Therefore it should be possible.
It would make the game look neat.
You could find hard to see things by rotating.
It would make it possible to view your empire in a cooler angle.
It would be easier to build an empire as you would be able to see around corners.
You could investigate more stuff.

It has to be be possible, I think it's a good idea and it must be one that they deemed "unnecessary" for the original game.

-Modified after OMEGA's pick-up on the misleading language-
Last edited by Dosier on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: idea for patch

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Not even remotely close to being anywhere near possible. The units and buildings are not three dimensional. And the engine would not permit rotation even if they were.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Like Rob said, it's impossible. It'd be a neat idea, though.

I do find it interesting that you post asking if it's possible, then end that post stating that it MUST be possible, AND then going further and saying that this feature was in the original game and just got "left out" of the release.

How do you know this feature was in the original game? What evidence do you have? Et cetera.

Dosier
Novice Member

Post by Dosier »

1. never said it WAS in the original game, merely stating that they COULD have done it and probably overlooked it when they made the game, and that if they really thought hard about it they probably would have come to the same conclusion (that it's a pretty neat idea).

2. Sorry yes that "MUST" was rather misleading. It's the kind of MUST that people use in speech eg (in a film "but there MUST be a way of shutting down the reactor" then the reactor blowing up) I hope you now understand the type of "MUST". Ahh this is even confusing for me!

3. I dont mean seemless rotating i mean the 90* sort (don't know how to do the degree sign). If you go to the map editor you can rotate everything (exept the wonders which have no other side - annoyingly).

I hope that cleared up it for ya'll, anyway don't you think it would be a neat feature?

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Dosier wrote: I hope that cleared up it for ya'll, anyway don't you think it would be a neat feature?
No.

I don't see any use for it oO
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Dosier
Novice Member

Post by Dosier »

ahh well it was worth a shot just please dont forget about the idea it's up in my top 100 of ideas (you really don't want to know what the other 99 are) I wouldn't tell you them anyway not trying to be spiteful i'm just to tired right now.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I'd be glad to read the missing 99 ideas :)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

it would be sweet as hell if it could be done but ive never found anything that would allow it

i was going to make a doom scen but without the rotation its impossible :/

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

We appreciate and encourage any and all ideas from the community. Unfortunately some things, like rotation, are simply beyond the realm of possibility. No amount of thought or effort can change that.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Camera rotation is possible in the scenario editor (use the tilde ~ key) and was originally planned to be included in gameplay, but was removed towards the end of the development cycle. Perhaps the remnants of the feature still remain, but enabling it is definitely a long shot and won't really benefit the everyday multiplayer experience.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Ghost wrote:Camera rotation is possible in the scenario editor (use the tilde ~ key) and was originally planned to be included in gameplay, but was removed towards the end of the development cycle. Perhaps the remnants of the feature still remain, but enabling it is definitely a long shot and won't really benefit the everyday multiplayer experience.

The official trailer of EE makes use of rotations slightly...
such a shame it wasn't included...

The part with the camera following the tank/plane is possible with some simple triggers.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

you do know that entire trainer was made using the scen editor in the game, lol?
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

X warrior411 wrote: The official trailer of EE makes use of rotations slightly...

The part with the camera following the tank/plane is possible with some simple triggers.
Those are "movie" scenes, not MP games.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

peow130 wrote:you do know that entire trainer was made using the scen editor in the game, lol?
I also saw some unused units and units that are differnt from the video to the one here (e.g. UFO shoots red lasers, in EE, it's blue/white, the same as laser towers), which means EE was still in development, so I assume that Sierra wanted to put rotations into the game but left it out for whatever reason.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

X warrior411 wrote:
Ghost wrote:Camera rotation is possible in the scenario editor (use the tilde ~ key) and was originally planned to be included in gameplay, but was removed towards the end of the development cycle. Perhaps the remnants of the feature still remain, but enabling it is definitely a long shot and won't really benefit the everyday multiplayer experience.

The official trailer of EE makes use of rotations slightly...

The part with the tank dodging the missle was Epic Win lol

Return to “Patches”