My new unit suggestions

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Pinky
Intermediate Member

Re: My new unit suggestions

Post by Pinky »

ben55 wrote:No more units IMO until you fix Moorish. One unit was added and totally killed a setting. Adding 3 or more can kill the game if not properly tested which really is quiet an annoyance because most people who play in the higher tier think the game is perfectly balanced, while the lower tier players are like OMGZ SAMURAIZ SO SWEET I LOVEZ THIS PATCH!!!(Very elitist mindset, but the game is fine how it is why else would we still be playing?)

And tbh I don't really see any holes in epochs except Dark which well is THE DARK AGE, so it kind of makes sense.

Here are my suggestions for AoC

Expansionism 30 points again.

-MOD TL; It is already the best civ point you can get for this age. Why was it buffed yeah it added variety for a week, but then like how all games happen people zero in on the optimal thing, and well with this wood cutting is mandatory now for 2v2/1v1, and can be used in 4v4 wing very well. Hell it can make a great 3v3 pocket civ as well.

-MID SH; Not as game breaking here as Mod, but really doesn't add variety like you intended it to, so kind of meh here, but why make other setts suffer when this one is hardly touched by this change.

-P2S; Expansionism basically makes Cit Hp free since that is what most spend the 5 points on. Which makes no expan even less appealing having morale all over your base is basically passive cit hp, now you get the civ point too. Why go no expan?? The small early advantage you get is negated by cit hp and 4 houses throughout the opposing wing's base. Now you are left being equal in clubs, but failing at booming compared to expan.

Fanata remove; Retarded civ power which is easily abused in gun ages never used in 1-6, so why have it?

Those are my two big complaints. Pathfinding is annoying as hell in PRE, but it does make expan not mandatory, so I am cool with it.

edit; As for the Crusaders make them have a cool skin so while they suck they look more badass than the person killing them.
I wish it were possible to give crusaders a different skin but its not, their essentially the same .cem and .sst file as their non-crusader counterpart.

Omega, crusaders "active" converting power is pretty useless, but their "passive" immunity to priest towers is where they are most beneficial.

"are most" is relative and should be left to be defined by each individual, but in this case I defined it myself.

edit: Just a thought, I always liked the "sampson" units from the early ages that carried the giant logs. Im not sure if it would change the dynamic of the game to much to introduce them to the middle ages? Mabey if they were weaker but cheaper and faster than rams and had a different skin it could work? Im not sure it would even be possible but thats just my two cents.
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

the sampson units are essentially just a weak ram.. they still get kerpwned by swords.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Wardog

Post by Wardog »

1. Omega my pre command units theory would have worked lol all they needed was one line of sight.
2. I noticed some of the units mentioned in the first post by Bin are already in the game like gilgamesh (copper warrior hero) and the black robes were added in the patch by omega and have 14 speed or some shit.
3. I could see a few problems with all the 16 speed units which is people could just speed glitch things like with maybe the samuri and own. Also I think the fast infantry will be able to kill things like CA too easily since it already takes a lot of skill to micro them against 17 speed.
4. Pre heroes would have to have considerably less hp since towers are weaker and they would own. I think having the heros only in stone would be better because you would have already spent a lot of food making them harder to get and so you have to decide if you should go cop or rape people.
5. I disagree with some of the counters about the british infantry. With the increased attack they should kill Culverns much faster since instead of doing 1 damage they'd be doing around 10 damage and culverns only have like 200 hp and cost a lot more so only 20 would be needed to kill one in one hit. It also means they would own all the seige that have the 10 gun armour for protection so I think the british infantry should be slower so it won't be as hard to micro seige away since like 4 brits could probably kill a basilisk or bombard in one hit.
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

i just have 2 questions:

i d like to ask if there are any progresses so far in new patches etc

and @ben: "No more units IMO until you fix Moorish. One unit was added and totally killed a setting."

why did they kill the set? nobody use this unit except some retards and some ppl who are joking around ._.
cus their low atk makes them useless >_>
I am sweet.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

hello wrote:i d like to ask if there are any progresses so far in new patches etc
Yes

Return to “Patches”