Patch Suggestions

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
ben55

Re: Patch Suggestions

Post by ben55 »

They are not viable alone with just attack like you suggest which is why everyone is calling you an idiot, and I am pretty sure they mean in an even playing field an M1 can never beat an AT which is very much true. I assume your 23 vs 20 scenario was with lvl 10 tanks with 100+55 vs lvl 10 At without any civ upgrades.. I still take the AT with about 4-8 alive which is much better than any other unit versus it's counter, so M1s are just fine, but that is hardly a viable strat to do vs AT since M1s are more expensive than AT, so unless skill comes into play you will lose massing M1s vs AT.

As for Mortars.. Nemo my angle was more pointed towards 1v1 and 2v2 where the fight isn't 1 dimensional like of a wing scenario. In 4v4/3v3 Mortars are easy to counter and are fine I agree I hardly make them in 4v4/3v3, but as for 1v1/2v2 they are overpowered if you disagree play a 1v1/2v2 versus a very good player the mortars don't run in packs of 30 they run in packs of 3, so sniping them with arty is hardly efficient, and will just get you killed quicker the whole point of mortars in 2v2/1v1 is to take pressure off your army/arty, and they are very good at since you can't ignore them since they become quiet the annoyance if you leave them alone, and they are cheap as fuck so you can make ALOT of them.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

marines on explore can easily beat mortars on explore.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Keebler Elf
Forum Noob

Post by Keebler Elf »

I think that we should have a patch that does not mess with ee. EE has lasted many years without people screwing with its civ points and with its units. If you havent noticed ee2 and 3 sucked. Because they messed with it. So really i believe that the patch we have now shouldent exist. Why would we mess with a game that has survived past the point where its creators stopped careing. There must be soem reason it is still around so why would you go messing with it. Personaly if it gets to the point where you have ruined ee so much with patchs that i cant play a single game that hasent been tampered with i will stop playing. I cant see why you would go and release something that ruins such a amazing game.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Pelle you must have very little aoc mod tl experience not going to stop you though mass marines and put them on explore and tell me how it works out LOL

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

This sausage fest has reached 10 pages...
Keebler Elf wrote:I think that we should have a patch that does not mess with ee. EE has lasted many years without people screwing with its civ points and with its units. If you havent noticed ee2 and 3 sucked. Because they messed with it. So really i believe that the patch we have now shouldent exist. Why would we mess with a game that has survived past the point where its creators stopped careing. There must be soem reason it is still around so why would you go messing with it. Personaly if it gets to the point where you have ruined ee so much with patchs that i cant play a single game that hasent been tampered with i will stop playing. I cant see why you would go and release something that ruins such a amazing game.
You sound like my very annoying friend Magic 8 Ball...
No one is forcing you to play it.
'When you go Patch,you don't go back',NO!
I hear 50 nooblets a day telling me...
'EE is ruined','Why did they screw with Empire Earth?','OMG,Why is EE now EF,Epic Fail?'

Im sick of it,60% of the lobby is sick of it,and im damn sure the mods are sick of it.

Get over it.
Adapt or shut up!

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

PeLlE wrote:marines on explore can easily beat mortars on explore.
in theroy yes, in the game no, mortars fuck with everything while marines are shit at fucking everything

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

well I got 0 experience with aoc mod tl but some years EEC mod sh. And It's kinda easy to ebat mass mortars on explore. Marines > mortars and so is air, at, art, ...
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

ben55 wrote:They are not viable alone with just attack like you suggest which is why everyone is calling you an idiot, and I am pretty sure they mean in an even playing field an M1 can never beat an AT which is very much true. I assume your 23 vs 20 scenario was with lvl 10 tanks with 100+55 vs lvl 10 At without any civ upgrades.. I still take the AT with about 4-8 alive which is much better than any other unit versus it's counter, so M1s are just fine, but that is hardly a viable strat to do vs AT since M1s are more expensive than AT, so unless skill comes into play you will lose massing M1s vs AT.

As for Mortars.. Nemo my angle was more pointed towards 1v1 and 2v2 where the fight isn't 1 dimensional like of a wing scenario. In 4v4/3v3 Mortars are easy to counter and are fine I agree I hardly make them in 4v4/3v3, but as for 1v1/2v2 they are overpowered if you disagree play a 1v1/2v2 versus a very good player the mortars don't run in packs of 30 they run in packs of 3, so sniping them with arty is hardly efficient, and will just get you killed quicker the whole point of mortars in 2v2/1v1 is to take pressure off your army/arty, and they are very good at since you can't ignore them since they become quiet the annoyance if you leave them alone, and they are cheap as fuck so you can make ALOT of them.
Well I think I mentioned a good strategy against something like mortar explore on page 1 or something. Flooding zooks. All mortar shots will basically be wasted on trying to hit these units unless they're manually microed which will take alot of your attention and not be worth it basically. Just make 4-5 barracks and keep zooks coming out of them and set a route where they should go and then have snipers and/or tanks around your entire front line. It's not super easy but I've spend a great deal of time in mod dm on countering mortar explore and this has worked well for me. Problem comes when aoc mod tl becomes one great explore battle where all units are explored. With the huge eco and pop you can have in no time it's just about massing units and putting them on explore basically. Like it's frowned upon to kill hunt in p2n, exploring has the same status in the mod dm games (those I play at least) and I would love it if it became the same way in mod tl on aoc. It isn't, however, and it's funny you should mention explore as my whole suggestion to a solution would be removing explore. I just don't think myself that it's a very good idea, only for modern games it is. Liga and p2n and many other setts need this function and would be really pissed if it got removed lol. It's also in locating hidden players who are trying to rebuild. Im not a fan of explore being used as "auto micro" though and would love to see this annoying strategy be banned from most mod tl games.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Keebler Elf wrote:I think that we should have a patch that does not mess with ee. EE has lasted many years without people screwing with its civ points and with its units. If you havent noticed ee2 and 3 sucked. Because they messed with it. So really i believe that the patch we have now shouldent exist. Why would we mess with a game that has survived past the point where its creators stopped careing. There must be soem reason it is still around so why would you go messing with it. Personaly if it gets to the point where you have ruined ee so much with patchs that i cant play a single game that hasent been tampered with i will stop playing. I cant see why you would go and release something that ruins such a amazing game.
Lets see... EE is probably just as good a game as starcraft and kind of same age. So why does starcraft have so many more players? Oh yes: PATCHES. They kept updating this game and removed flaws the game had etc. That was never done to ee, they didn't even fix tribute bug or any of the other glitches. EE2 and EE3 were entire different games than EE and should never even have been called EE they ruined the good name.

Keebler Elf
Forum Noob

Post by Keebler Elf »

They dident fix any of the flaws. They just made more flaws by screwing over the civs and units. And they screwed the tribute screen over even more with that so caleld fix. So what have they actualy fixed not changed becuase they think that things should be easier.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

If you are a middle sh player I understand your beef with the patch, but for pre and mod tl it is kind of good for some kind of bad for others. I enjoy expan being 25 points, but I hate how it makes woodcutting mandatory for 1v1. pre myself i like the idea of 5 less expan points it basically makes cit hp free, but god pathfinding is even more popular.

I mortar on explore I admit it, but I would be all for it being taboo like TC/Cit Flood(even though a handful still do and think they have leet micro because they can group 30 TCs and rally a way point) The Bazooka strat is just basically expensive cit flooding, so really it would just make whom your verse just cit flood.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

bazookas have ALOT more hp than cits and are alot more effective. Even with the new patch I reckon.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

bazookas get 2 hit killed by tanks now marines do it in 4 or 5 a citizen with morale lasts the same if not more

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

with ups? Doubt it

ben55

Post by ben55 »

with upgrades a bazooka gets 3 hit by a 100+33 attack tank a citizen can take 4 hits.

with upgrades a bazooka lasts 2 hits longer than a citizen versus a marine with 52+16 attack.

citizens are cheaper and build quicker, so imo citizens are better for flooding

this is all on 1.1c no doubt vanilla bazookas would be better since you get them like 800 hp lol

Return to “Patches”