Player Ranking

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
Marcus_Aurelius
First Female Moderator (FFM)

Player Ranking

Post by Marcus_Aurelius »

I know this might be quite complicated and even impossible but heres my suggestion. One of the endless questions since I've been playing ee is, "who's the best mod dm'r, who's the best gren player, etc etc. If there were a way to formulate this and post it you might find it would intice players to play more, intice players to cross over to other sets as well as possibly gain new players. To give them a goal to shoot for might produce more playing and more time spent on the server. I would also assume it would encourage more ladders and tournaments to improve player ranking. If it's possible and there is anything I can do to help just let me know.
"We are merely souls propping up a corpse."
"A mans wealth is measured by what he thrusts his heart upon."
Marcus Aurelius's "Meditations"

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Player Ranking

Post by Ghost »

Trust me, I've thought about ranking, ladder, and tournament systems and how to add them to the lobby. It's very possible. It's another long term project that's going to be taking place after I finish the new website, and progress on that is very slow at the moment because I'm a full time student. Being right in the middle of the semester, things are picking up now more than ever and what little work I was doing on the website actually came to a halt 2 weeks ago.

At the rate that I'm able to spend time on this project, we won't get a revamped lobby with a ranking/ladder system for another year or two lol
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Dibs on best indy dm player.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

cis is best indy dm player. it wud be great to have ladders for each set. unique to the lobby..

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

2-0 peow. which gives me ur title

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

lol.....i mean....who cares?

Oh wait...anyone except p2s ppl. lol.

GO be the best you can be! Just like...don't put the rest of us to sleep boasting about it.

;)

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

You think newbies can't get in games now? Implement a ranking system and nobody new will ever get into a game.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

thats a real good point bin.

h0llygh0st
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [Apathy]_h0llygh0st™

Post by h0llygh0st »

Hmm I dunno, most people will still just go by what they have seen of players before. Getting in a game on EE isnt so much about skil as it is about being friends with the host. I think a ranking system would allow noobs to profile themselves betetr and allow other players to actually see wether or not they have the skill needed for the game.
Music Made Addict, Music is the New Religion.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

there classified as noobs for a reason. they suck. having a ranking system saying "hi i suck" to a host just means kick. im sure it would give some motivation to b trained so they wouldnt b kicked as much. but in reality im sure it would just mean losing players

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

SlipKnoT wrote:cis is best indy dm player. it wud be great to have ladders for each set. unique to the lobby..
i beat cis on aoc, btw.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

Ranking would be nice , no more arguing about who is better than who
i know that iam best gren player anyway ^^ :mrgreen:
And cant omega do this stuff , when he got more time , so we have this system faster than in a year ?! :)

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

Look the only ppl that care to be seen as the "the best" in any sett....are virgins.

Go get laid and stop boring the rest of us with your pointless boasting.

Any strong player is aware that some of their games are better than others and seriously, if you won every game, if you were in the ultimate sense of the definition "the best" as in no one could beat you, you never lost, how much fun would the game be?

A lot of the thrill of the game is the uncertainty of the outcome + what you may do to influence this. And who is "the best" on any given day, in any given game, is a very fluid thing.

Ranking is, once again, for virgins. Borrow some cash and go see a hooker and you won't care, you'll just enjoy playing the game.

The rest of us already know ppl's general skill levels and don't wish to rub weaker players inadequacies in their faces.

As to noobs in games, long terms players (who aren't insecure about how they are perceived)...will always let noobs in a game, unless there are friends who need slots. Because we have played long enough to know that some noobs improve and are worth the investment of time.

The only noobs I ever kick are the mouthy idiots that decide the best way to react to defeat is to abuse ppl and carry on like a tit.

It's more about personality than skill a lot of the time, in terms of who gets kicked and who doesn't (with the obvious qualification that a "noob" will get kicked for a well known, skilled friend, but that is only fair, time served etc).

Ranking is for tourny sett players.

Go knock yourselves out with it.

;p

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Really the only ranking there's going to be is an all-time ladder, should we choose to keep it open. Players will have to report games and be entered into the ladder.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

devilridermax
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: devilrider

Post by devilridermax »

thearseofwar wrote:Look the only ppl that care to be seen as the "the best" in any sett....are virgins.

Go get laid and stop boring the rest of us with your pointless boasting.

Any strong player is aware that some of their games are better than others and seriously, if you won every game, if you were in the ultimate sense of the definition "the best" as in no one could beat you, you never lost, how much fun would the game be?

A lot of the thrill of the game is the uncertainty of the outcome + what you may do to influence this. And who is "the best" on any given day, in any given game, is a very fluid thing.

Ranking is, once again, for virgins. Borrow some cash and go see a hooker and you won't care, you'll just enjoy playing the game.

The rest of us already know ppl's general skill levels and don't wish to rub weaker players inadequacies in their faces.

As to noobs in games, long terms players (who aren't insecure about how they are perceived)...will always let noobs in a game, unless there are friends who need slots. Because we have played long enough to know that some noobs improve and are worth the investment of time.

The only noobs I ever kick are the mouthy idiots that decide the best way to react to defeat is to abuse ppl and carry on like a tit.

It's more about personality than skill a lot of the time, in terms of who gets kicked and who doesn't (with the obvious qualification that a "noob" will get kicked for a well known, skilled friend, but that is only fair, time served etc).

Ranking is for tourny sett players.

Go knock yourselves out with it.

;p
sup bro ! just a game!

Return to “Request Features”