New clan tab

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
Zalo
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Zalo

New clan tab

Post by Zalo »

Hi all!! im posting here because i think that it could be cool adding a new clan tab at the top of the lobby (near pacman, donations, poker etc). It would show all actives clans with their members, like ee reborn (but ee reborn is dead?). I think its better to have a clan tab there instead of an external web, here all clan leaders would want to create their clan profile and add members :D

PD: I hope you can understand me, i dont speak english well ><

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: New clan tab

Post by SlipKnoT »

i like the idea of integrating clans more to the lobby.. the idea is good but some more additions to the tab wud be important. all info on clan. easy to update member list. news of clanwars and some sort of integrated tournament bracket system so tournies cud easily be created and editted... im nto experienced enough to create such a thing. maybe it can or cannot be created

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Zalo wrote:Hi all!! im posting here because i think that it could be cool adding a new clan tab at the top of the lobby (near pacman, donations, poker etc). It would show all actives clans with their members, like ee reborn (but ee reborn is dead?). I think its better to have a clan tab there instead of an external web, here all clan leaders would want to create their clan profile and add members :D

PD: I hope you can understand me, i dont speak english well ><
Interesting idea, but how exactly is this superior to each clan having their own website?

More importantly, what is the actual difference between a clan tab that displays a website that has all the information a clan webpage would have, and each clan having a clan webpage?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I've found some code that will add ladders and tournaments to our website, but its for clans only. Individual ladders are more popular, and so I won't be adding it until I add that to it. Also, you won't see any major overhauls to the lobby anytime soon.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

thearseofwar
Basic Member

Post by thearseofwar »

Another issue with a clan tab is the reality of so many clans are born and dissolve in a few days or a couple of weeks...it would be a nice little admin job to keep it up to date. Sounds like it would fast fill up with redundant info, UNLESS, it was only for established clans that seemed likely to continue existing. lol.

The "Dead Clan" tab would be very long.

;)

Zalo
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Zalo

Post by Zalo »

hi! no, im just suggesting something simple that only shows clan names with their members basically, if it can have some more extra info better (like sets, bio, etc...) :) but i think that there arent anyone who could make it alone (im talking about the info of the clan tab) thats why all clan leaders should create their clans in the clan tab and then add thier members themself ^^
what do you think? (im sorry if my english is bad ;()

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

maybe hes right. a simple short note on clans so inexperienced players can get a quick view without needing to find clan leaders or try find all the websites for info in many languages. a short info on clan, founder/leader/ members/ settings played..

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

SlipKnoT wrote:maybe hes right. a simple short note on clans so inexperienced players can get a quick view without needing to find clan leaders or try find all the websites for info in many languages. a short info on clan, founder/leader/ members/ settings played..
Well, his idea is basically to do the following:
-Create a lobby tab that directs to a website
-Have that website be one that once someone logs in, they can create a clan / edit any clan they've created or set at a certain permissions for; basically, just let people make a super easy website where they need to put in ZERO work except tying a bit of stuff
-Anyone can log in and/or register
-Have an index of the different clans shown on the main page of that site

The low barrier to entry for this system (essentially zero, since you don't even need to be an actual clan or have any members other than one person) makes it useless, especially once you consider how many non-clans and one man clans would just keep getting added. Basically, for people who didn't know much it wouldn't help them find any clan worth joining unless someone manually organized it etc, thus having to sort through all the bullshit to find the few worth highlighting.

More importantly, the exact same thing can be and already is accomplished already via the ee-clans.com thing (or any other clan website for that matter). Except, the minimal (but non-zero) barrier to entry prevents it from being overrun with trash. There's no lobby tab with the websites, but there's a link to each in the announcements section... And if that list ever grows large enough, it's not hard to make a main page for ee-clans.com that has an index of clan pages and just link to that, since you're just listing what's there instead of trying to filter it for usefulness.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I think they're talking bout the e xact same thing as ee-reborn had ;)
More like a little clan profile with link to their homepage, leaders etc
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

There should be atleast 5 People in a clan so they can be registered in this so it dosent have to be updated every second

Return to “Request Features”