Friend Colors

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
Angiki
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Angiki

Friend Colors

Post by Angiki »

It would be nice if there was a feature that let you change the color of your friend's chat so you could distinguish it more easily if you are trying to have a conversation and 5 other people all talking at once.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Re: Friend Colors

Post by PeLlE »

Have you ever tried whispering or hosting a talk game? ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

or ignoring every1 in the lobby except for those u want to talk to.. okay i admit thats a horrible idea

Skynet
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Skynet

Post by Skynet »

taco wrote:or ignoring every1 in the lobby except for those u want to talk to.. okay i admit thats a horrible idea
Well taco, your idea is a start but I think mine is somewhat better. Read on...

Or perhaps he could copy the lobby text into Microsoft Word, then use Control + F key to find all instances where the name of his friend is mentioned. For each instance where his friend's name is found, highlight the block of text next to his name and change the font color to something that pleases the OP. Repeat for each friend (don't forget to save your work once every five minutes or so, so you don't lose your work and have to start all over again from scratch). Once all your friends text color has been changed, you take it to the next step by highlighting all NON-Friendly text and using a light gray color so that portion of the text stands out less, thus highlighting the contrast between your friendlies and non-friendlies. Do final quick-save (control + S) and marvel at how aesthetic pleasing it is to read the convo between you and your friends now. Repeat once every 15-30 minutes once lobby gets full of more text.

What do you think?

Edit:
(Disclaimer: may induce severe boredom; neither Skynet nor any of his affiliates bear any responsibility for incurred mental illness or costs as a result of the above)

Return to “Request Features”