Basic Strategy for Stone

For specific strategies that relate only to ligasettings.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Basic Strategy for Stone

Post by Omega »

In Stone Age, practically everyone picks Austria. You however do find some players in pocket who will select Assyrian Empire. Generally, this is an age where everyone goes Spearmen, at least to start, as Austria Spearmen will beat Austria Slingers and will be fairly even with Assyrian Slingers. However, you do find players in pocket that will mass Slingers and advance to Copper, which is a valid strategy. It should still be said that starting Spearmen has a clear advantage to starting Slingers--generally, I would not consider starting Slingers in pocket unless I had a poor map for Spearmen.

Once you advance to Copper, the units you should be making are Archers, Macemen, and Horsemen. Do not continue to make Spearmen unless you have a good reason.

A good time to get a Spearman out if you intend to rush in this age is ~ 5 f11, with a nearly unbroken (or unbroken, depending on how lucky you get with finding Hippos) Citizen timeline. This is achieved with a 4 wood 1 hunt/forage start, with rally to food until you're fine with that... Since this is a Baisc Strategy thread, I'll leave it there and expand upon this in a future post in this subforum.

Return to “Liga Specific Strategy”