Recommended Specifications for running EE smoothly

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Recommended Specifications for running EE smoothly

Post by _DavE_ »

Hi Guys, as the majority of you probably already know, I have come back to EE recently and started playing regularly once again.

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a quality laptop/desktop to be able to play EE frequently and smoothly. I have been told by several players that a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card is highly recommended but not necessarily essential.

As I have limited knowledge on technology, in particularly laptops, I was just wondering if anyone out there could recommend what to look for. E.g. Graphics Card, Make, Processors, Operating systems etc.

Much appreciated! Dave

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Re: Recommended Specifications for running EE smoothly

Post by drex888 »

EE works great for me, on windows 10 with this PC :

http://www.grosbill.com/4-grosbill_cfg1 ... c_grosbill
---
AMD X4 860K 3.7 Ghz
MSI A88XM-E35 V2
Sapphire R7 370
8Go Vengeance LP PC12800 1600 MHz
1To Barracuda Seagate
120Go Crucial BX100
Boitier Aerocool V3X
Alimenation 500W Cooler master

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

_DavE_ wrote:Hi Guys, as the majority of you probably already know, I have come back to EE recently and started observing regularly once again.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

LOL. This time in a couple of weeks Zen, you'll be observing me tearing EE apart! There's nothing more irritating trying to play EE on a terrible computer :(

Cheers drex, I don't know what half of the stuff is that you posted but I have seen a quality gaming desktop with an AMD graphics card which I am considering. Did you have any issues with installing EE, or adjusting EE settings to suit your computer?

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

How about you post the specifications (as well as the price) of some computers you've had an eye on or that caught your interest? I think that'd be good for a start, Vade.

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Damn what kind of PC do you have ? Can´t imagine that you have some trouble with running it smoothly.
When its just about EE every PC for 200$ + should run it easily. Just be sure that you dont get an Onboad Graphic Card like Intel HD4000
or something like that. The Card has enough power but many here had driver issues.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

half of stuff lol. i have 0 issues with ee installation, and 0 issues when playing a game.
Most important stuff to run ee is the graphics card, this one(Sapphire R7 370) is excellent quality, cheap and 100% compliant with EE
NB: you dont need to install ee into your futur machine, you just have to copy ee folder from your old pc.

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

That's a good suggestion Sam. Here's the first gaming laptop I was looking at, priced at £1129. I'm assuming the main issue when buying a new computer is the graphics card.

Processor: Intel Core 7-3700HQ Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M

Second one however, is my more realistic option at £820 - Gaming Laptop

Processor: Intel Core i5-6500HQ Nvidia GeForce 2GB GT960M Whatever the hell that means...

I was going to also ask about whether or not EE is compatible with windows 10. As EVERYTHING in the shop was sold with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Cheers for your advice ladies.

Lancelot, Yeah the real issue I have now with my computer on camp is I just cannot play EE smoothly, in comparison to the laptop I play on at home. It's difficult to describe really. Yeah, I learnt that the hard way lance as this computer I have on camp has an intel graphics card, The sega mega drive had better performance....

jokbon
Basic Member
Lobby Username: jokbon

Post by jokbon »

im playing ee smothly on pc with 256mb ram no coments.
But u need normal procesor, and some shit video card that u can find in city in green trash can :mrgreen: .

jokbon
Basic Member
Lobby Username: jokbon

Post by jokbon »

8mb video card is more than enought. lmao. i played without lag.

Return to “Support”