Weird Bug, at Least I Think it's a Bug

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
StupidElves
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: StupidElves

Weird Bug, at Least I Think it's a Bug

Post by StupidElves »

So, I found my old CD copies of EE and AoC, and I remembered that there was this place. So, I installed them, installed the mod, got both EE and AoC to work once.

After I exited from both of them, they have ceased to function. I always get the message that EE and AoC have stopped working before they even load up. Is this a known problem? If so, how do I fix said problem? If not, can any of you techies out there help me? I really want to get back into this game.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: Weird Bug, at Least I Think it's a Bug

Post by P-51 »

Don't use the physical copy. Just download the package we have on this site.

StupidElves
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: StupidElves

Post by StupidElves »

P-51 wrote:Don't use the physical copy. Just download the package we have on this site.
Just tried that and it didn't solve anything.

I have found a workaround for AoC, but it fails to work with EEC. Which is a shame since all of the games in the lobby are for EEC. What I need to do is take my CD, enter it, and then hit play. If I use the shortcut, it doesn't work.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

The fixes for windows 8 in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5748 fix quite a lot of problems. If I where you I would start with that topic :).

Return to “Support”