Strange Problems on EE, havent been able to find an answer

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
CLF4L
Forum Noob

Strange Problems on EE, havent been able to find an answer

Post by CLF4L »

Hey guys, new to the board and i hope to stick around more

Anyway ive been trying to get Empire Earth to work on Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10

I can run Empire Earth(original) on single player just fine, when i try to go to multiplayer the game freezes up

After updating my Intel HD 4600 Integrated Graphics card, i can now run Neo EE Art of Conquest in single player, however when i try to go to the settings menu, or multiplayer, the game freezes up.

Obviously the integrated graphics card has issues with the game as does Windows 8.1/10, but has anybody else had issues like these?

Ive been deactivating the Intel GPU and just using my Nvidia 4 GB GTX 960 before, but ive ordered an AMD R9 290 and when it arrives today i plan to try running the game on just that. My Nvidia card wasnt even able to boot up The Art Of Conquest and it would just crash as soon as it would try to open.

But so far my biggest issue has been freezing in the non-single player skirmish/random map screen and also freezing as soon as i start a game onine.

Ive spent numerous hours on google trying to figure this out and its got to the point where i may try running the game on an AMD tower since my friend has one and has not had any problems with the game(on windows 8.1, hasnt changed any settings) which would mean possibly building a PC with AMD hardware and Windows 7.

Any help/feedback is much appreciated, ive searched the threads here and havent been able to find an answer to this strange problem.

PC Specs

Intel I5 4670k
8 Gb memory
EVGA Geforce 4 GB Geforce GTX 960
Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Been running my Monitor on 1920 x 1080(60 hz refresh rate). I have ran the single player just fine on 1920 x 1080 so i dont see why it wouldn't work in multiplayer
If it matters, i bought the Gold Edition from GoG

*Will be testing this out tonight on a Gigabyte AMD R9 290*

CLF4L
Forum Noob

Re: Strange Problems on EE, havent been able to find an answ

Post by CLF4L »

Did another test run to see if i had my opened my ports finally which is looks like i had

Started up a game on Neo EE The Art of Conquest, got into the multiplayer lobby and hosted a game vs the AI

I got into the game fine, but as soon as i went to select a custom civ the game froze on me(but i could still move my house around the screen)

I dont get it

Aksel
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Aksel

Re: Strange Problems on EE, havent been able to find an answ

Post by Aksel »

Get the newest windows 10 gfx card driver for your r9 290.
You should also create a new profile in CCC(control catalyst center) and tweak those settings so it works for EE.. Atleast that's what i had to do to get shit working in windows 10 with r9 290(x)

Return to “Support”