Problem Regarding NeoEE Patch, but Vanilla is Fine

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Alchemek
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Alchemek

Problem Regarding NeoEE Patch, but Vanilla is Fine

Post by Alchemek »

Hi everyone. First of all, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who's contributed to the continued success of Empire Earth's popularity and current status as a multiplayer game. I think Empire Earth is the best, most convenient, most fun RTS I can play, so I'm overjoyed about the fact that people still play this game.

Anyhow, I seem to be running into an issue regarding a laptop that I have. I have no problems whatsoever running Empire Earth with the NeoEE patch on my desktop computer: I can use the lobby, I can play the game, no issues. However, regarding the laptop I have, when I installed the NeoEE patch, I am unable to literally do anything except turn the game on. To be clear, I can start Empire Earth, but the instant I click the 'Random Map' button to play the game, or try to access the game through any other means, such as the tutorials, I am immediately booted out of the game with no information regarding the error. I do get a notification that something went wrong, but that's it.

Now, this is where it gets really funny: Vanilla Empire Earth works perfectly fine on this laptop; that is, the game patched to the official 2.0. I can run the game flawlessly, just like I can run the game flawlessly on my desktop (even though I actually have NeoEE installed on my desktop).

To give some further information, the laptop I'm referring to has an Intel i5 processor with Intel HD Graphics 3000. If you need any more information, just ask.

Thank you very much for your time.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Problem Regarding NeoEE Patch, but Vanilla is Fine

Post by Jodocus »

Disable, I mean completely disable your antivirus software when you run NeoEE-Empire Earth. I guess you got AVG or Norton installed which badly interfere with NeoEE patch.

adr_lr_aussie
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: adr_lr_aussie

Post by adr_lr_aussie »

yo... completely unrelated topic but, is anyone from adr clan still playing this?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Please stop hijacking other people's threads and open your own ones! :thumbsdown: :evil:

Return to “Support”