Graphics Errors for regular Empire Earth

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Jgilhespy
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Tharion

Graphics Errors for regular Empire Earth

Post by Jgilhespy »

So, me and my friend were trying to get connected on Empire Earth, and found that while we cannot play together on multiplayer servers for AoC, we can connect to games in regular Empire Earth.

We were ecstatic... And then he told me he his game was 'going batshit'. He was having major graphical errors. Lines across his screen, even in the game settings menu. Not in the first menu when you pull up the game, but when he clicked on 'Single Player' or 'Game Settings', the lines showed on his screen. We were skyping, and he showed me using his phone camera. There was a blurred X across his screen made out of graphical errors, and he had black patches.

He has an Intel HD4600 integrated GPU, and an NVIDIA graphics card. He runs Windows 8. He has an ASUS Republic of Gamers computer.
We tried changing the 3D Acceleration option to the Hardware TnL and increased his resolution to 1900/1080 32 bit and that didn't stop it.
We tried accessing the .exe using his NVIDIA control panel. We applied the High Resolution NVIDIA to his NEO Empire Earth.exe, to his Empire Earth.exe in his SIERRA folder, and to Empire Earth Age of Conquest.exe in his SIERRA folder. This did not change the effect.
He cannot access the NVIDIA card in the Game Settings within Empire Earth.
We tried modifying the compatibility mode. That only messed with his .exe to the point where it froze, and we've reinstalled the game.

... Me and he can connect to the game, but he can't play because of the graphical errors. What else can we do to try and fix it?

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Re: Graphics Errors for regular Empire Earth

Post by Black Star »

Try manually diasbling the Intel Card, since this is the one giving problems. Also make sure first you have the very latest driver for Intel HD 4600. There was a recent update which has not been applied to all kinds of laptops. Me having Intel HD 4600 too had to use the Intel driver, cause HP has not adapted yet. But this is wokring wihtout any problems for me.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Graphics Errors for regular Empire Earth

Post by Jodocus »

See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5748#p38936

Install this driver for Intel HD 4600 (and make sure EE uses this GPU), then it should work.

Return to “Support”